Avara Foods

Avara Foods Employee Reviews

United Kingdom159 reviews

canteenfactorycoldenglishppespeakbadrole

Horrible place

Absolutely horrible to work for. Horrid hours and they ask way too much off you. You feel like your doing so so much and it’s like they don’t appreciate you. You are just a number

stressful work place

The mangers are very bad , the team leaders the same. They don t care about workers they want only production. Sometimes doy don t let you to go to toilet , and if you must to go 2-3 times on day to toilet because it s very cold they will send you home.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Team leaders and managers must to be changed

Insights into Avara Foods

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Not fun to work at, managers work together and don’t like being challenged for unfair behaviour

Managers team up against workers and only like yes men, don’t like being challenged for unfair treatment towards employees, make up stuff about your attitude to work even if you’re doing things correctly

Compania este ok doar manageri sunt altfel nu am ce sa comentez eu am lucrat 3 anii dar și bătut joc când mam îmbolnăvit mau dat afara

Hours terrible

The job started off with two of us, after a month or two it was just me, then the workload increased by maybe 4 times so in the end I was chasing my tail. I was entitled to two coffee breaks of 10 minutes each no one relived me. So I didn't get my coffee breaks working in 4 degree celcius. The line relief did what they liked and the only time I saw a team leader was for a telling off, mainly because I couldn't keep up with line speed. I'm glad I left.

Pros

A job

Cons

Long hours. Very early starts

It's a good place to work but wages are not following the inflation. Management should try harder to get newcomers settled in this times. However cold place as it's a good processing plant.

stressful and depressing job

Awful place to work, never recommend it. I had lots of bad experiences with the company. No respect for people at all.I was bulled, reported many times but without result. There was no support from management and HR. Its a very cold and wet place with high targets. Some places have minuses temperatures, there is no option to warm up yourself. Very strict about everything even toilet.

Long hours with a poor wages that are well blow inflation

Long hours with very little work-life balance and no appreciation for management. Wages don't not cover the cost of living anymore now inflation has gone through the roof.

Pros

You can work at your own pace

Cons

Wage

Good work

Plase ai need this worker permanent Please I want to go back to my work I want another chance, I liked my job, the people there were very good and so were the housekeepers

hard work ,unfair paid

some conditions and payment of work not quite fair ,but is stable hard work under pressure of time ,often stresfull and boring ,work in the team which can give you motivation to carry on, but depends what people you meet ,hours of work in production a bit not quite good ,overall not recomend to work at long term

Boring and depressing

It's good to work there only until you recieve response from other work places, very chaotic, most of the time the management does not have any idea how to run the shop floor, 90% of people are rude towards each other, very stressful, even if they tell you 30 min break you actually have to come with 10 min before to have time to put PPE and go back on the line,if you are a smoker you have to choose between smoking or eating because the cafeteria it's far from smoking area

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Stress

excellent training program , good rates of pay

Very hard work at times but very interesting.I learnt a TradeManagement very professionalVery demandingGetting up early on morning shiftThe pay packet at the end of the month

Toxic Environment

They make you work more than what ypu should be working. The environment is very toxic and the labour is very tiring. However, the pay is alright, even though it couls be increased. Some of the managers are duplicitous. Be careful.

Fun place lovely people

Is a good placed to work.was not for me as i don't like the cold..no food as is not cantine at moments.over all is a nice place to work.the shop is lovely for those who want to get meat .

Pros

Lovely people.money no good

Cons

Very cold

Stressful and only 1 rung on the ladder

When I first started here I enjoyed working and interacting with others, but over the years it has become very stressful and a horrible atmosphere. Through change of management the place is unbearable and the way it is run is a joke. You have no chance of climbing the ladder unless your are a brown nose, the pay is certainly not enough for what the job entails. Most of the time you are trying to do your job and somebody else's at the same time. Management have no respect for any of the workers and seem to spend mist of the day outside with a coffee and a cigarette.

Stockman

Be be honest I worked here a long time , you are just a number, or maybe the poo on the shoe was treated better some time s, work balance is terrible , pay looks good until you dig deeper .I would never go back

Not a great place to work

Not a good place to work lots of people left and they can't recruit creating extra pressure for the ones remaining while upper management dont seem to care. Outdated and poorly maintained building which is too small to for what they want wouldn't be suprised to see more people leave and the factory produce more WIP for distribution rather then finished product.

Pros

Higher then average pay for production work

Cons

Line work is incredibly boring

Disorganised and lazy y

I spent the first hour walking around aimlessly and past to multiple people to train me but nobody wanted to show me anything and eventually I ended up snapping and walking out!! Worst job I'd ever worked I lasted 2 hours being shouted at for not doing my job even though I wasn't showed nothing then I walked out in anger after arguing with people that didn't even understand me or didn't want to help.

Pros

Honestly can't think of one

Cons

Disorganized and discrimination

Fast pace, food handling is good

Hygiene is good but loads of food waste and plastic usage. Wide diversity of workers which is great. Though some dont speak english which is a barrier, jobs are done fine. Management is okay, they know how to have fun while working, sometimes they demonstrate when they see you are struggling.

Pros

High rate for weekend shifts

Cons

Unpaid break

Job Gets Done

Pros:12 a hour through agency6 hour shifts or 12Discounted foodHealthy salaryCons:Management alone irritated me out od the job. You will be fine, just remember to treat it work and take it on the chin. If I could go back, I wouldn't mind. Despite hating aspects, most work is miserable but 12 hourly for 6 hour shifts was a strong motivator.

Friendly staff and workforce

Four twelve hour shifts per week, two 08.00-20.00 and two at 14.00-02.00, not everyone’s cup of tea but worked for me. Two break rooms with vending machines, senior management and foremen very accessible, job training was very good, most of the workforce were very helpful and friendly, if I hadn’t gone back to catering I think I would have still been working for Avara food.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avara Foods. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement