Ave Maria Care

Ave Maria Care Employee Reviews

Good place to work and training

Quite new but have found friendly and good training. . Offer lots of work locally but often expect you to travel and talk into longer hours. The pay is OK.

Caring company

Thanks to Ave Maria I was able to re enter the care sector and earn a wage that was very reasonable compared to when I first started in this sector!!!

Good pay, supportive management and colleagues

The pay at Ave Maria is better than all the other care companies I have worked for, the staff are all lovely and the management very supportive. The clients are great too

A company that cares

They give me a chance to get back into the care sector after many years out of work. They offered training as part of the job which gave qualifications that i can keep for life!!

Good hours, good pay and treated well!

Work in Cannock and Burntwood with elderly clients, studying my NVQ in health and social care with the company and hoping to progress. Treated well by all levels of management and its nice to work somewhere where the company actually care about the clients and staff! Ethos is treat people as you'd like to be treated and it actually is like that working here from my experience.

Pros

Treated well and paid well!

Rewarding work

The clients are so lovely to work with, and seeing them everyday helps you build a relationship with them so in the end it's like going to visit a friend rather than going to work.

Pros

Clients, Colleagues

Friendly and well ran company.

The management team are all very helpful and friendly. There is a lot of work available so if I ever needed overtime for a bit extra on the salary it was always available, highly recommended.

Lack of support

Branch manager is perfect however any person above that seem to not exist. The pressure is immense and there is no validation or reassurance from HR (THEY DONT HAVE AN HR DEPARTMENT) or senior management. Other girls brilliant and work hard just work hard for pittance.

Pros

Branch manager in Burton

Cons

Pressurised hours, stressed staff and manager. Senior management non existent like the HR department

fantastic company to work for

i have worked for several care companies in the past and this one has a more work life balance.The office staff are helpful and understanding if there is ever an emergency and I need to change shiftsAll the carers I have worked with to date are a friendly bunch.Pay is OK, and always accurate and the new early access pay app is great if you find yourself short one week

Pros

guaranteed hours, work / life balance, enhanced rate at weekends

Challenging and enjoyable

I joined the company from a much larger organisation and have been impressed with the drive and commitment from the branch teams. The dedication to ensure that all service users receive quality care is impressive and the commitment to develop and invest in both people and systems is commendableCarers that I have met have all been brilliant with a good attitude towards their job and the business

Pros

Committed Branch Staff

it a great place to work

the company is a great place to work,the management are very friendly,respectful and they live up to their ethos “treat people the way you would like to be treated“. if you are passionate,love helping and are i interested working in care then look no further.

Pros

friendly, respectful and competitive pay

Cons

I have nothing to say

Great care provider and great place to work.

I really enjoyed my time at Ave Maria Care. Excellent company to work for. Found them to be better than other places I’ve worked in care and service users were always really happy. I tried my best to do a good job for service users and was supported by my managers.

Pros

Regular work, nice service users, nice management, nice team

Wouldn’t recommend working here

I currently work here and the manager is absolutely horrible they don’t benefit you at all they don’t listen to you’re needs, you don’t get no breaks either all the care about is themselves when I called about a service user they was moody always Expect everything from you and nothing is given in return horrible place to work!

Pros

Service users are nice

Great care company!

Best company I’ve worked for in community care. Third company, I love the work and glad I finally found a company where I feel valued have consistent shifts with the same clients and treated fairly. Management are firm and fair which is how it should be in my view! Only negative views are from staff who want to take a lot and not give anything to company and clients in return. I’ve been in care since I left school ten years ago and can honestly say you won’t find a better place to work than Ave Maria.

Pros

Supportive management. Good working environment. Consistent shifts.

Cons

The usual cons that come with working in care such as unsociable hours.

Do not work here

I worked here briefly, absolutely shocking place to work, ended up paying out more money in fuel than I earnt, wages constantly wrong, always under pressure, just a money making company rather than actually caring about the individuals.

Pros

Cons

Long days. No money.

Disgraceful

Management is terrible they don't have your back you will just turn up to work and have a new employee waiting to car share with you without the company even asking I was almost attacked management had no sympathy if you call in sick management threaten to black list you worse experience ever.Calls are really short they say £9 per hour but your only in a call 5-10 minutes a lot of the time

Bad bad bad

Awful company. Awful pay. Manger is the worst manger I have ever worked under. The company is not managed well and you are paid pennies. No training no support from management

Great managers

I absolutely love my job with this company approachable office team, great staff to work with, regular set days off. Rotas can change at the last minute but that’s the industry. We all get along so well and make it enjoyable

Pros

Set days off plenty of hours

i enjoy my job

i've worked here for just coming up to a year, yes it is busy, yes it can be stressful but we have a fantastic team and great clients which make it all worthwhile

Pros

regular clients, consistent rotas

Great company

The company is amazing. Offers plenty of work and opportunities to progress further. Manager is approachable and friendly.Staff and clients are nice

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Less waiting around

Great Care Job

A typical day at work would consist of seeing 5 clients, I have learned a lot working here and completed health and social care qualifications. Dealt with all levels of management and they were professional and helpful. They have a culture of treating people how you'd like to be treated which was clear from the beginning. Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for elderly clients.

Pros

Regular work, on demand pay daily or weekly through the app! Caring for people

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ave Maria Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement

Compare Ave Maria Care with

• Ave Maria Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?