Ave Maria Care

Ave Maria Care Employee Reviews

Good place to work and training

Quite new but have found friendly and good training. . Offer lots of work locally but often expect you to travel and talk into longer hours. The pay is OK.

A company that cares

They give me a chance to get back into the care sector after many years out of work. They offered training as part of the job which gave qualifications that i can keep for life!!

Good hours, good pay and treated well!

Work in Cannock and Burntwood with elderly clients, studying my NVQ in health and social care with the company and hoping to progress. Treated well by all levels of management and its nice to work somewhere where the company actually care about the clients and staff! Ethos is treat people as you'd like to be treated and it actually is like that working here from my experience.

Pros

Treated well and paid well!

Friendly and well ran company.

The management team are all very helpful and friendly. There is a lot of work available so if I ever needed overtime for a bit extra on the salary it was always available, highly recommended.

Lack of support

Branch manager is perfect however any person above that seem to not exist. The pressure is immense and there is no validation or reassurance from HR (THEY DONT HAVE AN HR DEPARTMENT) or senior management. Other girls brilliant and work hard just work hard for pittance.

Pros

Branch manager in Burton

Cons

Pressurised hours, stressed staff and manager. Senior management non existent like the HR department

fantastic company to work for

i have worked for several care companies in the past and this one has a more work life balance.The office staff are helpful and understanding if there is ever an emergency and I need to change shiftsAll the carers I have worked with to date are a friendly bunch.Pay is OK, and always accurate and the new early access pay app is great if you find yourself short one week

Pros

guaranteed hours, work / life balance, enhanced rate at weekends

Challenging and enjoyable

I joined the company from a much larger organisation and have been impressed with the drive and commitment from the branch teams. The dedication to ensure that all service users receive quality care is impressive and the commitment to develop and invest in both people and systems is commendableCarers that I have met have all been brilliant with a good attitude towards their job and the business

Pros

Committed Branch Staff

Great care provider and great place to work.

I really enjoyed my time at Ave Maria Care. Excellent company to work for. Found them to be better than other places I’ve worked in care and service users were always really happy. I tried my best to do a good job for service users and was supported by my managers.

Pros

Regular work, nice service users, nice management, nice team

Wouldn’t recommend working here

I currently work here and the manager is absolutely horrible they don’t benefit you at all they don’t listen to you’re needs, you don’t get no breaks either all the care about is themselves when I called about a service user they was moody always Expect everything from you and nothing is given in return horrible place to work!

Pros

Service users are nice

Great care company!

Best company I’ve worked for in community care. Third company, I love the work and glad I finally found a company where I feel valued have consistent shifts with the same clients and treated fairly. Management are firm and fair which is how it should be in my view! Only negative views are from staff who want to take a lot and not give anything to company and clients in return. I’ve been in care since I left school ten years ago and can honestly say you won’t find a better place to work than Ave Maria.

Pros

Supportive management. Good working environment. Consistent shifts.

Cons

The usual cons that come with working in care such as unsociable hours.

Jobs at Ave Maria Care

See more jobs

Do not work here

I worked here briefly, absolutely shocking place to work, ended up paying out more money in fuel than I earnt, wages constantly wrong, always under pressure, just a money making company rather than actually caring about the individuals.

Pros

Cons

Long days. No money.

Disgraceful

Management is terrible they don't have your back you will just turn up to work and have a new employee waiting to car share with you without the company even asking I was almost attacked management had no sympathy if you call in sick management threaten to black list you worse experience ever.Calls are really short they say £9 per hour but your only in a call 5-10 minutes a lot of the time

Bad bad bad

Awful company. Awful pay. Manger is the worst manger I have ever worked under. The company is not managed well and you are paid pennies. No training no support from management

Great managers

I absolutely love my job with this company approachable office team, great staff to work with, regular set days off. Rotas can change at the last minute but that’s the industry. We all get along so well and make it enjoyable

Pros

Set days off plenty of hours

i enjoy my job

i've worked here for just coming up to a year, yes it is busy, yes it can be stressful but we have a fantastic team and great clients which make it all worthwhile

Pros

regular clients, consistent rotas

Great company

The company is amazing. Offers plenty of work and opportunities to progress further. Manager is approachable and friendly.Staff and clients are nice

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Less waiting around

Great Care Job

A typical day at work would consist of seeing 5 clients, I have learned a lot working here and completed health and social care qualifications. Dealt with all levels of management and they were professional and helpful. They have a culture of treating people how you'd like to be treated which was clear from the beginning. Most enjoyable part of the job is caring for elderly clients.

Pros

Regular work, on demand pay daily or weekly through the app! Caring for people

Ave Maria care Edgbaston

This company is terrible I would NEVER advise anybody to work here the management is disgusting they talk to staff members like rubbish they don’t respect us. The company ignores calls and they black mail regarding your shifts and force you to do things they don’t look after the walkers of the company the pay is not enough for the job you do. Worst care place company I’ve worked for and it needs a visit from the CQC.

Pros

Cons

Long days and hours, bad management

No structure & Consideration of Staff

Personally, I loved the job & the people I’d help in my days at work. Unfortunately, the staff and management was just too unprofessional. A contract is given & management don’t even know what is written in it. Shifts are given unsparingly to you even when you have priorities to do & you have given advanced notice. Then, when you try to speak to them they just shout & scream at you. It’s totally an unprofessional environment & it will cause your mental health to decrease.

Cons

Long Hours; NO BREAKS; NO WEEKENDS OFF

Most disgusting company I’ve worked for

DO NOT APPLY FOR A JOB HERE. Management do not care about clients or staff. They over work you and do not listen to any of your concerns about clients. Be ready to work 14 hour days 6 days a week.They have no compassion or care for staff members. The only person that wouldnt mind this job is a single person with no family. My brother in law died and I was told it wasn’t a valid reason for me to leave work early. DO NOT APPLY HERE. They don’t even have a HR to complain to either. Disgusting company, all their clients want to leave. Hopefully they’ll go bankrupt soon. That’s all they deserve.

Pros

Cons

Too many to list

Dont work here

When i started my job here i felt really excited to do something new and excited. But i was quick to learn that this company is not worth working for. I wasn't payed on time or my pay would be wrong. The app the company uses doesn't work half of the time and you will find you will suck up all your data just trying to do your job. Management doesn't take complains or problems seriously. I worked for 4 weeks straight and that included weekends. I was exhausted as these shifts could be all day and night. It was only when i mentioned it was illegal for me to work without a break and that i was having the one weekend of to rest that i got the time off but the following week i got no work as the manager was not happy with me so she gave my shifts away. If you want to love your job and succeed don't go with this company.

Cons

long shifts, not payed properly, worked 4 weeks and weekends in a row

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ave Maria Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2Job security/advancement

Compare Ave Maria Care with

• Ave Maria Care
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?