Avenue Care Services

Avenue Care Services Employee Reviews

United Kingdom58 reviews

avenueuserclienttravelcarestaffofficeshift

Bad staff management

Do not treat staff well and hire people that are abusive to clients but wont sack them after multiple complaints from others do not recommend people working for the company

Cons

In a word Avenue care services are: awful

Too much nepotism, favouritism and lack of decorum. No support, treated like children, lack of staff, lack of experienced staff and downright bloody rude to all staff. Punted all over the place with ridiculous rota's. Also really bad time management as well as bad management. No future. No prospects. Being out the house for 15 - 16 hours but only being paid for 6 - 8

Pros

Cons

Everything really. Unreliable management that couldn't spell let alone manage

Insights into Avenue Care Services

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Amazing care but bad management

Clients are amazing but management is very poor they treat staff appallingly but if it wasn’t for the clients and the relationship you build with them then no one would stay long. Even though you are told not to get close to them if you’re a good carer then it’s only natural. I appreciate this must be a difficult job for managers but surly they have a duty of care to staff. No all are bad some are so nice but others are terrible and owner of company needs copied into every email so he can see how we are treated infact our bad treatment would soon stop. Even the clients complain about the managers which means there is an issue but they are too scared to say anything.

Pros

Marking someone smile by caring for them.

Cons

No travel time or breaks most days. Seeing 15-19 people on a shift

Avoid

The worst company I've ever worked for they charge you 177 for training if you leave they will automatically take it off your last pay so be careful of that. Always squeezing in extra clients, they tell you in your interview that your paid by the hour but your not its only contact time. They expect you to car share with someone that doesn't drive therefore your going to your clients and having to take them to their clients and you have to wait on them whilst their doing so. Management are the worst that I've come across they don't care about their employees. Its all about them making money at the end of the day they don't care about their clients either. DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY OR YOU WILL REGRET IT.

Pros

Cons

Tell you you will get garenteed hours and they don't they give you less

31 August 2022
Hello there. I am sorry that you feel disappointed with your experience working for Avenue Care Services. We strive every day to improve and we are always keen to receive feedback, whether positive or negative. We DO offer guaranteed hours contracts so I am unsure what has happened here but if you wish to contact us we can certainly address your concerns.

Nothing I can say about avenue they don't care about the staff all they care about is getting the cleints done they will add more on you than you can handle the office in Edinburgh is awful don't work is a team management and the rest of them are two faced I would tell anyone to stay clear can never get holidays you get in trouble over the smallest thing STAY CLEAR OF AVENUE AT A COSTS

Pros

There's no pros

Cons

Loads of cons

Supportive and enjoyable workplace

Worked with the company for several years now and it as provided me with numerous opportunities for personal development.A very fast-paced job full of challenges and learning opportunities. Management have provided a sound support system and are constantly re-evaluating how to better support their staff and show how valued they are.Carers and office staff work very hard to ensure clients receive a high level of quality care through some of the hardest times experienced in the care sector.

Great experience

I started with avenue last summer and have thoroughly enjoyed the change of career and find the staff and management really easy to work with. I have been given development opportunities including promotion and additional training and can personally vouch that for anyone willing to put the work in avenue are quick to reward. I would highly recommend.

Pros

Competitive pay, job satisfaction

Cons

Can be unsociable hours

Unhelpful management, carers left to do own thing

While working here it was my first time being a carer. You had 3 days training 2 days shadowing and you were out in the thick of it, runs with 10+ clients, all different needs and really no training. Management weren't helpful has they had no idea who your clients were. The runs were awful, going by postcode, not planned correctly so you would be going back and forth wasting petrol and time.The runs were also impossible to do. You'd have a client start at 0730 and end at 0745 then expected to be at new client 10 minutes away to start their visit at 0745. You would either be early for a client or late. It was hard to be on time and not cut into clients time.Management contacted you pretty much every other day for cover and hounded you if you were off sick.Worst year of my life and almost put me off care completely. Only thing that got me through was the other carers and some clients.

15 September 2022
Hello there and thank you for your review. It is always looked at as a positive when we get bad reviews at it allows us to address the issues with the hope that this will allow us to correct the wrongs and address the issues that affect our staff. As a company we welcome feedback and suggestions as how to continually improve and we will strive to do so. Please feel free to contact us and we can address any of these issues.

I have been with Avenue Care now for 6 months and it is the best company I have ever worked for. Higher rate of pay and contracted hours is perfect for my role and the company are continually looking for ways to ensure that staff are looked after during uncertain times in regards to pay rises. The company do not pay mileage but when I added up the extra I earn from the higher rates of pay it more than makes up for this.

Pros

Paid Training, Very Competitive Pay

Cons

Absolute shambles of a company.

I've worked now with the company for almost a year and it's been the worst year of my life. Management are unsupportive, you're constantly called to work more even after doing extra. Constant emails with updated rotas. No consistency for clients. Staff are all dead beat and there's just no team spirit at all. Potential for so many changes for the better but I can't see it happening as there are too many family members work together high up in management.

Pros

Cons

No family/work life balance, Only paid contact time so could be out from 7 til 2 but only get 4/5 hours paid, No mileage allowance, some days you can do anywhere between 20 and 100 miles.

25 January 2022
I am sorry that you have had such a disappointing experience and we would urge you to get in touch in order to discuss any concerns so that we can address these.

The worst care company around

Horrible company to work for I was treated disgustingly by managers and office staff. Expect the world from employees but can’t even give the effort for basic manners and respect. I have never been made to feel so small by a manager in my life until I started working here. Truly the worst work environment I’ve worked in. Please for your mental state of mind avoid working for this company.

Pros

Zero

Cons

Everything about this place is a con.

28 July 2021
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to our attention. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are disappointed when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again. We wish you all the best in your next venture and thanks for helping us in Blairgowrie and other areas through a very difficult time during the pandemic

Office staff contact you more than your family do.

They expect you to reply to every email they send out of work times, constantly changing the rota giving clients no continuity. Even during the pandemic clients were receiving 17+ carers in their homes per week.

Pros

Cons

Paid on contact time often with large gaps, office staff constantly on the phone, the woman that deals with the rota lives in malta...

28 July 2021
Thank you for your review. I’m sorry to hear you had such a frustrating experience, but I really appreciate you bringing this issue to my attention. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are disappointed when we don’t meet expectations. Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Very supportive work place

Having struggled with work/life balance previously this job has given me that. The management are the most supportive group I’ve ever worked under and find that they are extremely approachable. Working within a small team I find it great knowing that we are making our service users life’s better while providing a very high standard of care and enhancing their quality of life. I couldn’t recommend working for this company enough. They are fantastic.

Pros

Enrolment on further education courses, Fantastic time off, Very good hourly rate, ravel hour for every shift.

7 April 2022
Thank you very much for your kind words. It is important to us that we do as much as we can for our staff and service users and I am pleased to hear such a complimentary review.

Great Company

I have worked for Avenue for a year now. It is such a rewarding job and and I have loved every minute of it. Management are very helpful, supportive and approachable. The training I have received has been brilliant. The other carers are all great and it is a helpful, friendly team. Great company to work for.

Pros

Good rate of pay, Flexibility, Training

7 April 2022
Thank you for your positive comments. It is important to us that we do the best we can for our staff and service users and we look forward to the future.

Great team and supportive management

I’ve worked at Avenue now for the past 14 months and I can safely say I’m settled. The hours work well with my wife and two young children and the management are very approachable if I have any concerns.I enjoy working with the service users and we have friendly team, it’s nice to come to work and have a laugh and make a difference in people’s lives.

7 April 2022
Thank you for your positive comments. It is important to us that we do the best we can for our staff and service users and we look forward to growing the company with such positivity.

Great job with great company

Good company to work for been with them for eight years management strong set shift patterns with option to work extra and always flexible. SVQ obtained through Avenue. Fun place to work.

Pros

Good rate of pay and 1 hour extra per shift

Cons

Hard work but most enjoyable making a difference to service users

great to work for

I have been working with company for about a year now and I have enjoyed every minute of it. the carers are great to work with, management are very helpful and respond to any issues or queries you may have within a reasonable time. wages are great. I cannot fault this company at all. they will work around you if have other responsibilities.

Pros

you can gain your SVQ level 2 through the company

28 July 2021
Thank you for the excellent review rating and kind words. The nature of the role can be quite demanding and rushed at times and many of our staff would gladly stay extra time with service users (especially during COVID when something as simple as company is so important) and we wish you all the very best in your new role, thanks again.

Shocking joke of a company

Worked with this shocking company until recently. No respect for their carers constant rota changes even when already out on shift. Not enough time for client's no travel time whatsoever. Wages were shockingly bad esp for the amount of time you were out and being out for 7 hours at a time but only getting paid for 4. Some shifts had ridiculous long gaps and others had no time in between whatsoever. Constant phone calls and emails on your day's off hounding to cover shifts. Would not recommend this company to work for at all.

Avoid

Awful company to work for. Unsupported by senior management team from director level down wards. The expect far to much of their staff. Service manage/ operation manager is rude and abrupt to all staff. I’m very surprised they have staff willing to work from the.

Pros

Cons

All of the above

2 April 2021

Avoid like the plague

Avoid like the plague. Management are quick to throw you under the bus but never thank you for working 7 days a week. They even let another member of staff assault me. And BOTH of us got penalised for it. They'll work you to the bone. I have worked for many care companies around the UK.anf THIS company are the ones to shatter my mental and physical health.

Pros

Cons

Nearly everything

Avoid like the plague

Great job , dire management, continuous bombardment of calls, up to 30 Rita’s a week , cannot keep staff , utter rubbish company to work for , diabolical Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid Avoid

11 March 2021

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avenue Care Services. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Avenue Care Services with

Learn about Avenue Care Services in popular locations

• Avenue Care Services
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?