Avonline Networks

• Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Empowering

I've been with Avonline for just under 2 years now and I'm really enjoying it. There's a great culture that promotes showing initiative, ownership of your own work, and really drives the development of it's staff. From the time i've been here we've gone from 80 employees to 500+, and we're looking at that doubling over the next year. What that has meant is that there are lots of opportunities for promotions and learning new things, which is great; but it's also meant that the company is facing a lot of growing pains in at the moment where supporting functions such as HR/SHEQ/IT haven't grown at the same pace as the rest of the business. That said, we have a smart leadership team who are seeing these challenges and are doing their best to address them proactively. The future is bright.

Pros

Excellent culture

Cons

growing pains from continued expansion

People focused company

Flexible and people focused company with great opportunities to learn and grow. I feel there is a real ‘can do’ attitude within my immediate and wider team – all working together towards a common goal to continuously improve and support each other no matter what role or level people are at. Avonline was highly recommended to me as a great place to work before I joined and it has not failed to deliver this expectation to date!

Pros

Collaborative

Cons

Great place to work, develop and achieve

I have worked for Avonline for sometime now, they are a great company to work for, offering a great base to flourish and encourage you to step out of your comfort zone without fear off failure, you are trusted to make the decisions needed to drive the business forward but also to learn as you progress/flourish within you role under a relaxed, feel good environment.I would highly recommend Avonline to anyone who wants to gain a career and not just a job. The rewards on offer from pay, discount schemes and staff services are really good too.

I have been here almost 2 years now and i haven't worked any where like this place.The work place is well managed and Everyone is so friendly and the work is never the same so always something different. you get a good opportunity to progress within the work place which is always a good thing

Pros

Friendly

Great company to work for

I have worked here for a relatively short period of time but I really enjoy it. Coming from a large corporate it is refreshing to work in an environment where decisions can be made quickly and your ideas / opinions are actioned.

Dynamic, rewarding, well supported

Working for Avonline is a pleasure. Progress is; encouraged, recognised and rewarded. A fast-paced environment with support readily available in all aspects.Supporting field agents through the day ensuring we meet our clients KPI's and customer demands are fulfilled.A great company to work for with superb management that understands the day to day business and providing all the necessary tools for you to be the best you can.

Pros

Great office atmosphere.

Cons

Rewarding for people with the right work ethic

Avonline are a fair employer that treat their employees with respect but do expect a certain level of commitment and hard work from their employees. They reward those willing to go above and beyond

A great opportunity

Every day will be different. All colleagues and staff members are very friendly and when you work here there is a emphasis of working. With the right attitude & hard work there is room for great opportunities and possibilities.

Pros

Team enviroment

Good place to work, providing you want to actually work.

Lots of work available as they have long term Contracts. If you work hard and aren't shy of a days work you will do just fine with Avonline, but it is hard work in all weathers.You can earn extra money without having to do overtime by getting all your jobs in first time.Supplied with a Company van, fuel and a phone. Lots of training offered.Don't join Avonline if you want to sit in a van all day doing nothing other than moaning though....

Pros

Company Van, Paid Holidays, Good work environment and treated well.

Cons

Can be long hours

Opportunity Awaits!

Avonline is growing from strength to strength. A fantastic team of talented people, who go out of their way to make Avonline great. Management care and want you to succeed and grow within the company.Excellent benefits and rewards for those who want it. Every day is different, although a fast paced environment the work is done and we have fun along the way

Pros

excellent rewards and benefite

Avoid!

Poor starting salary that seems okay with OTE 30,000 but you never get your productivity. So you are doing your job for your basic salary. Disc Cutting customers driveways with limited experience, pulling cables underground. Getting told to do the job correctly and then also getting told to not spend to long on jobs. This is okay for some of the easier jobs but sometimes you have to Disc cut long driveways to be able to Bury the cables... I which this takes time. Also never getting the correct equipment for the job so you are opening Chambers without barriers, roller bar or most importantly no GDUs that work anyhow.

Pros

Shared a work van

Cons

A lot

Great place to work good staff not pressured into doin more work optional overtime with good rates of pay overall good company to work for management is spot on

Pros

All good

Cons

No cons

What a mess!

The left arm doesn't know what the right arm is doing! Over-worked, long hours and a poor management. No one is happy with what you do even if you go above and beyond, people taking the mick and getting away with it while others who actually seem to care get pushed aside.Fighting with management just to get your wages corrected and lied to about the salary, asking for tools required for the job and months down the line still not receiving them but as soon as you snap a tool on the job they are quick to 'Recharge' you for damages.Absolute joke of a company ran by clowns, would not recommend to anyone.

Pros

Getting fleeces jackets just in time for summer.

Cons

Long hours, underpaid and VERY poor management

Good work environment

Ive worked on the Gigaclear contract now for about 2 years. I started as a trainee and they've put me through all the courses I needed and I'm now at the point where I'm training other people.Uniform provided. Van provided. People are decent, no arguments or hassle at work, I just go in, do my bits for the day and come home. Easy!The pay has been increased at least 3 times in the past 2 years and I get extra holiday as well. Can't fault the place.

Pros

Free training

Cons

None!

Loved it

I used to work here doing the TV installs side of things, they don't do much of it now.Always was a laugh, people great to get along with, still friends with lots of people from there now.Couple of people there that caused problems but on the whole managers were spot on, and training was always good.

Pros

Training, social life

Cons

A few people

lovely people and not too much pressure

I worked here a while ago on a short term contract (9 mths) to cover some leave. I always found everyone really nice, the office is relaxed and theyre not on your case all the time as long as you get your work done.They were understanding when i had some problems at home and needed to take 2 weeks off at very short notice and it was never held against meall the girls in the office are lovely and id definitley work here again

Pros

relaxed environment, nice people, understanding

Cons

on a industrial estate so can be noisy

Genuinely a great place to work

Seen other reviews on here basically slating the place and i really cant understand why. I was made to feel welcome from the day I started and managers have always been spot on with me.it can be hard graft, but that's the job, I think theres too many people applying and doing the job that don't understand you cant just sit and do nothing all day!I got loads of extra training done all paid for by the company and they even paid me to go and do it, how can you argue with that. I get to meet new people every day I'm out and about, and as long as I do my routes everything is fine, and if there are problems managers will always listen.I'd definitely reccomend it here, and i've worked in a few other companies in this sector and believe me some people dont know how good they have it!

Pros

Company van, decent pay, overtime, great training

Cons

Hours can be long sometimes

Great if you put in the effort

I like the company, i think most of the people who complain about it just don't like having to actually work. So as long as you're not expecting to sit in a van all day doing nothing you'd be sound.Managers have always been willing to listen to what I've got to say, I've been put on paid training for loads of stuff worth a fair bit. Good chances to earn overtime or productivity bonus (again as long as you arent lazy).Most of these onese that moan go elsewhere then try and come back in 6 weeks when they realise how good they had it!!

Pros

Good training, good managers, nice new vans

Cons

Pay could be a bit better

Shambles

Management are knowledgable but fail in man management areas. Salary is poor.Hours are ricidulous.Told to find another job if you don’t 100% agree to everything. Lied to about pay rises.Not accommodating for any needs you have.Training is non existent, expected to know the job inside out within a couple of weeks.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, Lies from management, Poor training

Not worth the money

Working 10 plus hours a day for minimum wage. Driving over 100 miles a day. You get no thanks for anything you do. Force you to work weekends when it is not written in your contract. If your not in the managers pocket you will not get anywhere

Shambles of a company

Absolute joke of a company, managers genuinely have no clue, they try to work against their own contract, you will never receive a normal payslip, and they won’t pay your bonus but will tell you they have already paid it and were over taxed on it😂company is going down the drain with everyone leaving

Pros

Guaranteed employment during lockdown

Cons

Hours, management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Avonline Networks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0Job security/advancement