Axcis Education

Axcis Education Employee Reviews

Staff listen to your needs and go out of their way to provide the right job to suit you. I would highly recommend them. I was made to feel welcome at my school and the staff and children are lovely.
Pros
Free lunch once a week
Cons
Job is a bit far and not enough hours.
I highly recommend Axcis. They need to improve wages in 2021...overall i am very satisfied with Axcis. Professional consultants; helpful and flexible. I enjoy working with them.
at first i did not know much about the type of work i was going to do. the first day of on-site interview and written test helped me a lot. the interview was so easy and the interviewer was so amicable and lovely person.
Pros
choosing what i want to work
Cons
delays
I have been really impressed with Axcis as an agency. They are very supportive and friendly, they pay well and they have given me some really great opportunities, working hard to find me roles that allowed me to gain experience in the specific areas that I am interested in. I would definitely recommend Axcis to others.
Pros
Well paid, friendly and supportive staff, gained experience in areas I was interested in.
Cons
a third party deals with payroll and they charge a small admin fee.
I have had a rather mixed time with Axcis, great first year but not so great second year with them! I would have prefer more communication on what was happening during Covid. Work is very come and go. For my lifestyle, when I was not placed in a placement for a full academic year, or work that was week to week, was not enough security for my life style.
Pros
Flexibility, able to put you unavailability clearly+ advance
Cons
No pay for sick days / cancellations
I have enjoyed working with Axcis, and good job opportunities do arise.Training given is good and assists for future placements. However I feel that the the consultants need a much more clear knowledge about the schools they supply. Be more supportive of the candidate's capabilities,circumstances ie travel time, personal status etc.,feedback of placements attended by candidates etc. I feel that any feedback from clients about candidates should be taken into consideration by the consultants for future candidate placement. All positive feedback needs to be recorded and included in future employability referencing for the supply staff instead of just and non informative.If there is feedback that is negative the candidate should know, should be reviewed and talked about between the consultant and the candidate with aim resolve, and improve future prospects for both parties.
Pros
A broad variety of placements around London and greater London and other counties in England.
Cons
Wages are low for cost of living especially in and around London and greater london.
17 July 2020
Thank you for your positive review and constructive feedback. In the fast moving world of supply work, detailed feedback can sometimes be difficult to obtain but we agree that it's useful for all parties for personal and professional development and will endeavour to provide more in-depth feedback in future where possible.
Working at Axcis has been an amazing experience so far. Within a few weeks, I've been able to support so many different schools and as a graduate looking to train in SEN, this has been invaluable. The only downside to the job is salary that you maintain. Dependent on the Umbrella Company you work with and the jobs you accept your salary will increase/ decrease. I would recommend being able to drive although this is not essential.
17 July 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback - We do our best to pay and charge the most competitive rates possible while maintaining a high standard for all, which of course does have it's own challenges with restricted budgets etc! We are thrilled that you have still had a good experience of working with us despite this factor.
They are really nice people and down for the course I’ve not had any problems as such I got on ok with the agents and so I would rate them highly. So good luck
17 July 2020
Thank you so much for your positive feedback, it is much appreciated.
I’ve been registered with this company since last year June and had no work. I went to the interview it was looking great, said I would start on the following Monday, and here I am? Still with nothing. There was lack of communication to getting my file sorted. Nobody seemed like they had a clue on what they was doing. Back and forth. I kept getting promised work and I was a fool to believe it. With being a TA is something I want to do this company is a joke, strung me along and kept me waiting. If it’s on there terms it’s fine, but when you want answers you won’t get any. I’ve completely waisted my time and my references. This has been a long and stressful process. I would NOT recommended this company at all.
Pros
Zero
25 February 2020
Thank you for your feedback, it is useful for us to inform future staff training and development. As an agency, we cannot usually guarantee a work placement - so this should not have been promised to you, your expectations should have been managed appropriately. We do our utmost to match candidates with suitable jobs but there will sometimes be those we are unable to help and we are sorry that this happened in your case. We wish you all the best in your future career.
The managers are disrespectful, arrogant, not helpful, layers. They promise you a job in one area but then they send you everywhere in London (so think about travel costs). Sometimes you go to work and they say to you they don't need you. If you have any problem they not help you, just treat you like a number. Orrible company.
25 February 2020
Thank you for your comment. All feedback is valuable and useful for our future training plans - we do our utmost to look after our candidates and clients alike. Candidates always have the option to say no if they feel that a job is too far to travel and schools do have the option to cancel placements, just as candidates do and this does sometimes happen at short notice. We are sorry to hear that your experience of working for Axcis has not been a positive one and we take on board your comments.
Very easy going but professional, nice staff, communication is really good. Staff contact you with updates and remind you if timesheets need to be submitted, which is really handy as i have sometimes forgotten. Really worth giving them a try.
25 February 2020
Thanks very much for your lovely comment. We do our best to look after all candidates and clients and are pleased that you've had a positive experience working for us. Don't forget that we offer a generous referral scheme if you know anyone else seeking work!
I have enjoyed working for Axcis Education and have been placed in many schools and residential settings as a support worker or a TA . My agent is very friendly and helpful in finding me jobs.
25 February 2020
Thank you for this positive feedback, we appreciate it. Don't forget that we offer a generous referral scheme if you know anyone else looking for work!
I would rather have been placed in a SEN based school rather than wirral met college,most of the staff there were a completely unfriendly and obnoxious.if Axcis ever offer you a job at wirral met dont take it.
17 July 2020
We are sorry to hear that you had a poor experience while on placement for us. Not every setting suits every contractor and this is one of the benefits of supply work, you are able to end a booking at short notice and try something else it it's not working for you so please do keep an eye on our other vacancies or speak with your consultant about what else might be available. Thanks.
Always available by phone, good communication skills, & keep me well informed about my appraisals, growth and areas I can improve. They also support me with further training to assist me at work. Eg first aid
27 November 2019
Thanks for your lovely review - don't forget that we also offer a referral scheme if you have any friends or family seeking SEND work!
Axcis is not a bad company atall, but they need to increase their salary. They sometimes cancelled the job they have given you but they never pay for your transportation .
12 November 2019
Thanks for your review - we do our best to look after all candidates as well as we can. Sometimes clients can cancel jobs and there isn't a great deal we can do about it but we will always do our best to find you something else. Rates of pay are very much dependent on school budgets and how much they can pay us to send in cover staff - as we know, public services are very stretched at the moment but we are hoping that will change soon!
I am never out of work and they are so caring and friendly. Glad to be part of that team. I would advise anyone looking for a Teaching or Teaching Assistant job to work for Axcis.
12 November 2019
Thanks so much for your positive comments - we do our best! Don't forget that we offer up to £250 in shopping vouchers for referring friends or family members to us!
The process of getting my file cleared to be able to start working has been really irritating, with the office telling me different things each time, making constant mistakes with my referees and not reading my emails. Also, they behave in a very rude and unhelpful way. There are more trustworthy and respectful agencies out there.
Cons
Dealing with the office staff, umbrella companies
24 September 2019
Apologies that you have had issues with getting cleared for work. Sometimes this part of the process can be the most irksome and time consuming. Axcis would very much like the opportunity to resolve this and work with you positively moving forward. If you forward your details to info@axcis.co.uk then we can escalate the issue to management level and see what we can do to help.
Well organized will all staff, working good with School and policies, listening needs and priorities from students and Learning Support Workers, doing good all.
24 September 2019
Thanks very much for your kind review, all feedback is extremely useful in helping us to make sure that Axcis offers the best service possible to both candidates and clients.
This company were brilliant to work for. They were able to work around me and also managed to find me some brilliant schools to assist in. If there were any problems they were able to sort them out for me or point me in the right direction if they weren't able to help.
Pros
Friendly, good pay, offered excellent benefits.
Cons
None.
25 June 2019
Thanks so much for your lovely feedback - don't forget that we run a really competitive refer-a-friend scheme, too - if you recommend any friends to work for us, you'll both get shopping vouchers once they have done 20 days work! Feel free to ask your consultant for more info.
have worked here for years now and my favourite thing about this company is how colleagues help each other and work together as a team. they genuinely care about each other and about the purpose of the work - which is ultimately to provide excellent support to those who need it.
Love working for this agency, work/life balance available, supportive and approachable management team who set realistic and achievable targets and always want to progress their committed and hardworking consultants.
Pros
Reduced hours in the school holidays, supportive SMT
  1. Employee reviews