Axe Valley Home Care Ltd logo
Axe Valley Home Care Ltd

Axe Valley Home Care Ltd Employee Reviews

Nice friendly staff always happy to help

I enjoyed my time at AXE Valley, the time has past quickly and I can't believe it has been 5.5 years that I have worked for AXE Valley. The office staff have always been supportive and friendly... but I feel it's time for a change.

Pros

Local work with not too much travel between clients

Cons

Gaps in my rota that I'm not paid for extending my working day

Very poor management

I can say it was the most stressful place I have ever worked. There is no life balance and you should do what suits company. Long hours and short time to recover between shifts.

Official response from Axe Valley Home Care Ltd

5 April 2021
Thank you for taking the time to comment. The current management team has been in place post AVHC operating in Dorchester. We are always very happy to chat about how we facilitate flexible working, clustering of clients to reduce travel time and hours available from part-time to full-time shift pay. Thanks again!

Great pay

Great pay fair management. Nice people to work with. Overall good people to work for. Help sort any problem out right away no messing about. Working for AVHC is a good choice.

Pros

Pay

Cons

I wouldn’t recommend working for this company, they do not treat their staff very well.

The company doesn’t look after their staff very well, I worked on a part time basis, but would regularly get phone calls asking me to do extra shifts, and when I couldn’t I was made to feel guilty, there was no consideration for people with children when it came to Christmas etc... I would often report problems, yet nothing was done to rectify them.

Supportive and flexible

I worked as a community care worker and they always did everything possible to accommodate me. Very flexible and very rewarding job. Would love to return one day.

Pros

Rewarding job and helpful team

Cons

good

I did enjoy working for axe valley very well treated, and very unddrstanding. would always help where they could..................................................................

Pros

good pay good managment

Cons

low millage pay

Excellent care provision and great company to work for

Axe Valley Home Care provide a great tailor-made service for their clients and being part of this is very rewarding. The most enjoyable part of the job is supporting the elderly and enabling them to stay in their own homes. I'd recommend a career in health and social care for anyone with a caring nature and Axe Valley is a great company to work for.

Pros

Rewarding and varied time at work

Cons

Great company to work for

I have worked for a few different home care agencies and this one is the best by far. The shifts are organised well so that you get to visit the same people - this really helps you to build a good relationship with the people you support. The most enjoyable part of the job is the good feeling you get from knowing you have helped someone in your own local community.

Pros

It's great to care for people in their own home, as opposed to a carehome.

Cons

Care work has early starts!

Productive and interesting work

Meeting a lots of friendly and helpful people. Working with different environments. Possibility lern new things and education. Getting new skills .

Jobs at Axe Valley Home Care Ltd

See more jobs

Rewarding and stimulating environment

Axe Valley Home Care is an exciting and rewarding company to work for, where everyday is different. The whole team of both office staff and community care workers all work together to support the elderly who wish to remain living in their own homes. If you want a challenging and stimulating work environment where you will be improving the lives of so many people, please apply to join our friendly team.

Pros

Rewarding career opportunities

Cons

Shift work

every day work

I enjoy my job, I like the challenge, I keep my head down and make sure I make all my deadlines, the hardest part of the job is not being able to cover shifts when carers are on holiday etc.

Pros

all deadlines met

Cons

not enough staff

Not very good

they are always short of staff they overload shifts low quality of service to short visits too long gaps in between very bad office work

Pros

non

Productive workplace.

Friendly atmosphere. The high level of care. Good training.

Pros

Very helpful, compassionate company.

Cons

frequent changes in roster.
  • Axe Valley Home Care Ltd