Axis Group Integrated Services Limited logo
Axis Group Integrated Services Limited

Axis Group Integrated Services Limited Employee Reviews for Security Supervisor

Work-life balance

Like most security companys but doing a couple things differnt from the 2 major players in the UK market.

Most security companies are very similar. Couple things I like about Axis is they provided dry cleaning on our site. I worked for major security companies before and this usually is not provided, I get the impression Axis is very focused on officers uniform and their presentation and proud of the fact. They sometimes have a standby officer, this is an additional officer paid out of Axis pocket. the stand by officer comes on-site in case anyone blows out or is late to shift if they are no longer needed they get moved to another site if they are required. This is amazing for the sites as it removes the concern of running 1 man down if someone blows out. but for the stand by officers, it is a blow when they get sent home if they are not required anywhere with only 4 hours pay for the day. Other than these 2 points they operate like any other security company.

A mess of a company to work for.

The client sets the wage so I can't complain there.A dis-organised poorly run company especially in the midlands. Multiple pay issues, don't seem to know what they are doing. The management team only fix things and paperwork two hours before any site audit. They even Hoodwink the auditor with cleverly constructed answers to ensure they pass despite the assignment instructions being out of date, or not reflecting any updates. I don't rate them and the effects on my mental health from this company have effectively ruined my working life.If your forced to TUPE consider going elsewhere because never have I had so many problems and so much stress as I got for working at Axis.

Pros

First aid course was well run so training department is good

Cons

Poor management, constant pay issues, Auditing is manipulated to ensure success

One of the best companies to work with

Friendly, approachable management. Equal opportunity employer paid holidays. company benefits, employee schemes and discounts. no issues with pay. positive energy at work.

Pros

healthy work environment, friendly managers, good pay rates.

Cons

none.

Great company to work for

I have worked for a couple of security companies and I can honestly say that Axis is far the best, not just a number with this company, managers are approachable, and friendly and they want you to be at your best and they will help you to succeed to your full potential and beyond, can not praise this company enough. Would now never work for any other security company.

Excellent company.

Axis group are one of the best company’s I have worked for, they have an excellent work ethos and encouragement of staff to achieve the best of there abilities.

Your not human

Dont bother. You break your back for them but they dont care about you. Even if you won them 2 major national contracts. Users! Your only a number! They dont care if your family members are terminally ill they will replace you straight and then put you on floater so then you resign rather them sacking you.

Nice company

Good company to work for . Great staff. And managers Been there since takeover of first security and all has been fine . Should have more manager intervention though

20 March 2019
Thank you for your review. Great that you have been here for so long. Many thanks for your contribution

You will know right away that you are a peasant and you're here to SERVE your masters

Disrespectful to the individual, every manager is worse then the previous one. Don't know where they find such incompetent people. When you rise any concerns about work conditions or personnel you will be bullied in return. They employ a lot of people without basic computer skills or any idea of customer service and poor personal presentation. What can you expect, if they paying a minimum leaving wage? And if you don't like it - nobody stops you: get out. Doesn't matter how long are you working for the company or on site that they took over, you are a PEASANT, and the managers will make sure you know that. It's a common practice to blame and punish the whole team if one person screws something up. Even if the concerns were raised in the past that the person is not right for the job! Management never accepts blame for anything. They expect you and your team to deliver highest quality of service but want to pay you with peanuts in return.

Pros

Birthday card every year with PRINTED CEO's signature - makes you feel special. But, no pros really

Cons

Minimum wage, rude and incompetent management

20 March 2019
We are sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience with us. I trust you raised these issues through the necessary channels, we wish you the best in your future endeavours.

Could be a lot better company

Axis could be a lot better company then they are. Big issue is they only handled out zero hour contracts when I was working there. They have got some good sites and most sites pay over the minimum wage. The management were decent people and were good in sorting most issues out. Uniform could be a lot better quality. Other issue is that holiday pay were averaged out over a set period. Reasons I left : got a job with contracted hours and better shift pattern.

Pros

Decent pay rates, friendly mangement

Cons

Zero hour contracts and averaged out holiday pay.

20 March 2019
Thank you for your review. We no longer issue zero hour contracts .

Great team work, challenge able at time but this cmp is a privilege to work with.

To be honest after 7 plus years, this cmp gave me the opportunity to challenge myself on many levels... you gain based on what you put to the table, great sites and the opportunity to work along side of peoples from all walk of life, from Manchester (which i miss a lot) to now London, there is no identical day, this Cmp are really keen to listen and found a way forward to help. training are available through the axis website... from first aid to CCTV to managements courses it all there... just pick your future and Axis will back you up .

Pros

diversity of sites - great managers....free spirit flow.

Cons

patience is a virtue.

Jobs at Axis Group Integrated Services Limited

Security Supervisor positions
See more jobs

Responsiblity

Acting as a point of contact for alarms, any incidents or unusual occurrences and providing safety, Liaising with contractors and management, Assisting in all emergency incidents, Reception duties, Supporting team and management

Pros

short hours

Cons

short term contract

Unusually Good

Payed on time, never any hassle with management and a willingness to listening to staff-much better than many employers. usual security SOP's well balanced working enviroment.

Pros

good pay

Cons

far sites

One of the better security firms

Axis security utilise the "zero hours" contract for most of their staff. However, unlike other companies, they still treat their staff properly rather than taking advantage. Axis pay rates are amongst the highest in the industry for security guards. I was sad to be TUPE'd away from Axis but the position I currently work in is more secure and had a set amount of hours per week. The downside with Axis is that even the best and brightest, the most capable and eager of guards are not given the training and opportunities to progress their careers. Additionally, on the sites where there are set hours, they are usually 60hr weeks and work/life balance suffers as a result.

Pros

Well managed, friendly supervisors and managers.

Cons

Excessive hours and poor career opportunities.

Highly reccommended

I have been with Axis over a year now and in the security industry overall for 6 years with various well known competitors. I can honestly say Axis is the best company I have been with by far. You get exactly what is in the job description. The rates of pay are good especially within central London sites. All in all there are lots of opportunities of work as they have many many sites. I would also say they are very focused on training and giving you the chance of promotion. Lastly I would say that they are very good when it comes to getting paid. I have never had any issues when it comes to pay day.

Pros

Decent basic pay rate and double pay on bank holidays

Cons

Communication with managment/control room

Enjoyable place to work.

Great place to work get to meet people from all over the world from different cultures and backgrounds. Can be long hours but worth it.

london

unfair policy outside employer of the year inside they implement different policies with the same situations. employers can be treated unfairly that is accepted by the higher managers as long as the client is happy

Stressful

Very fast paced work, sometimes more demanding on some days than others. You had to rely on the management to back you up, but 20% of the time we didnt get the backing

exiciting workplace

my role was as a supervisor with the control of the gatehouse and thee other guards. control off traffic staff and visitors

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Axis Group Integrated Services Limited. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9Job security/advancement