B&M Retail

United Kingdom564 reviews

Found 564 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,576 reviews
progressioncolleaguediscountprogressstorewagetillminimum

Fast paced friendly environment

Great place to work, fast paced which I love, challenging.. everyday is different.. the pay is not great, they need to review that, other wise they will lose great working staff

Awful

I would recommend no one with any ambition of life skills to ever even think about applying. They drain the life and soul out of the most happy go lucky human being

Insights into B&M Retail

Based on 2,493 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Fast Paced Good work life Balance

Great atmosphere to work in very fast paced place to work which make my shifts fly past while always learning new things everyday living the dream everyday

Pros

training is great great company to move up the ladder

Cons

pay

Not great

I joined the business as a Deputy Store Manager in January 2022, leaving a well-paid Store Manager role to join a business that appeared to have stronger career prospects (and closer to home) The training was absolutely lacklustre. No structure or anything. Whilst the Area Manager was great and supportive, the same could not be said for the Store Manager - more interested on the phone to other managers having a gossip! The store team was in general absolutely fantastic, very supportive and passionate. Salaries in the business do definitely need to be reviewed - the gap between a department manager and deputy manager is minimal - considering the size and operation of the store.

Cons

Money and hours could be improved

Money for colleagues and management should be reflective of the consistent level of work expected and in line with other similar retailers. Store has a massive family atmosphere which makes every single day worth while. Really happy they’ve spent time investing in the people they have to help further their careers.

Great Place to Work

Great place to work with good opportunities to progress. Management salaries shrinking as minimum wages increase and less hours to get job done but fair company to work for.

Busy and fast pace

Since coming to b&m ihave progressed from a partime g/a to a full time deputy manager. B&M are always talent spotting so is a great company if you want to progress further. The work is fast paced so your always on your toes. Overall it is a good company to work for i would recommend it to anyone

Fast paced but friendly workplace

b&m is a very enjoyable place to work with a great team and management to work with, although the seasonal periods can be very busy and demanding. B&M as a company is a great way to progress in roles and you have great support from within your store and those surronding you.

Pros

Good team, fast paced, friendly

Cons

Pay

Fun work place

Good work place, great for development and progressing your career. New roles and stores always coming up so plenty of opportunity. Fun, friendly atmosphere.

Pros

10% discount

Cons

Have to work bank holidays

Very Challenging and fast paced, with new changes and improvements constantly around the corner and a great team.

I have worked for the company for 1 month and have had great training and communications.There is a great team to work with and everyone has made me feel very welcome! Looking forward to a long career with this company.

Pros

Colleague discount, quick advancements/progression

Cons

Minimum wage for most colleagues, short on staff.

Positive place to work

I gave my CV in in 2-days I had an interview are then started 2 Days Later and I've worked for a company for 5 years in a fun place to work and I enjoy working here everyone is so friendly

Amazing opportunities for growth

I’ve learnt a lot over the years and have been able to get creative as well as teach people what I’ve learnt. B&m have many job roles which you can go between to see where you are best suited. There’s always someone on hand if you need help.

I have worked for the company for 5 years. I started as checkout operator and progressed to deputy manager. I must say I love My job. Yes it can be stressful but then isn't every job. No 2 days are ever the same. We have new stock coming in all the time with the changing seasons. All the colleagues are great. I have been in the Saltash branch for 8 months now and i love it here. Its a proper family atmosphere everyone looks after everyone. If your having a bad day there is always someone there to make you smile. It's a great store to work in. The progression within B & M is excellent and is actively encouraged. Talent is recognised and regarded.

Pros

Discount card

Fun and friendly place to work in.

I've been with the company for 7 years andhave started from the shop floor and workedmy way to become a deputy manager,hopefully store manager soon. Throughout theyears I have really enjoyed working at B&M asit has allowed me to develop all my skills inretail, resulting in me becoming a deputy. Notonly this, the people I have worked with in anumber of different stores have always beennice and kind, and are always there to help.

Pros

10% discount + Festive Discounts

Fast paced, challenging workplace

A fast paced environment where everyday is different. We have fantastic colleagues and management teams who are supportive and driven. A great place to work.

Great Work Ethics

I started on the shop floor working replenishment just over two years ago and have worked my way up the ladder to Deputy Manager. I have worked with people who are fun and full of knowledge and supported me on my journey. Great company to work for if you put the effort in.

Pros

Career Advancement

Cons

over 7 days

Simple and Easy work environment

I joined B&M Leytonstone 4 months ago. It's an easy and simple store operation. Very friendly staff. Management is very easy to approach. I would recommend lot of people B&M

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

Simple store operation

Fast paced company

I have worked for the company for almost 9 years and have worked my way up through the company , it’s a fast paced company to work for . I enjoy my job here and work with a great team of people but the pay could be better

Fast paced but rewarding

This company is a very fast paced/moving. The work can be hard but you always see a great outcome which makes it rewarding.There is a wide variety of job roles available and progression is possible as, as a company they promote from withinThere is lots of overtime if wanted except for a short period after Christmas but this is the same in all retail stores Overall B&M offer a great work home life balance

Fun and fast paced

Great team to work with, a fast paced store with a busy workload but always enjoyable. Varied shifts over the week and great management team who are always supportive and proactive.

Pros

10% discount

Cons

Can be long hours

I haven't been with the company long but I have thoroughly enjoyed working here, my colleagues are always laughing whilst working hard, they know what they are doing which helps, the customers are great and if you want to advance then there are easy steps to do so.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at B&M Retail. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement