B&M

B&M Employee Reviews

Found 3,887 reviews matching the search
All in all a great place/company to work for, could bump up salaries on managers as they do far to much for what they get paid! Hourly staff get plenty of overtime and sometimes colleagues can get paid more than their line manager ?!
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Long hours not enough pay for salary
I joined B&M in March 2019 as a Customer Service Supervisor, I was promoted to Customer Service Manager after 1 and half years with the company. There’s opportunities for progression if you want it and support is given to you by the management team to get you there. I have worked in other retail settings before but found B&M one of the best in regards to career progression. The current store I work in has a strong management team and everyone helps out eachother. Everyone gets a long with each other and there’s a real atmosphere of being a team. It is very fast paced and customer focused. Probably the best company I have worked for
Pros
10% discount, fast career progression
Cons
Sometimes long days
at b&m you have the potential to give excellent customer service, with the added bonus of, having a laugh with your mates. Your store can almost become like your extended family, even the managers feel like they are your family.
Pros
feels like family, can be very understanding for emergency days off, your store does praise you for a job well done
Cons
Minimum wage
The work is good easy to do. The staff are friendly and helpful to all new members of staff and customers. The management are always supported and guidance to help your day.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
I’ve been working at B&M for over 3 years now, where I started off as a ticketer and was gradually promoted to the customer service manager. I thoroughly enjoy working here and always feel supported by my manager and colleagues. It is a great company for job progression and being part of a good team.
I have been working at the whitfield store for approximately 3 years. Colleagues are all friendly. We could do with some air conditioning in the summer, as the shop is way to hot. The hours are all shared out evenly.
Pros
Extra hours if needed
Cons
Working on sundays
I have worked for B&M for 4 years, during my time i have been offered specialised training programs, and i have also been promoted which was one of the reasons i joined the company. Internal progression is one of my favourite parts about B&M. My are manager and my peers offer all the support i can ask for, its a real sense of family!
Pros
Job security
Cons
Distribution
I have worked in the Dover store for 6 years ,people are really friendly , I meet my now wife you is pretty amazing , the managers are really approachable and are accommodating , the team always look out for each other ,
Pros
Friendly
Cons
Very hot in the summer
B&M is such a fun and lovely place to work, interacting with so many different customers and answering their queries and helping them find stuff in the store & checking the stock out the back for them incase we haven’t got what they want in
everyone on the team I work with is always happy to help, there never is a problem when asking a silly question. Hardest part of the job is having to work Excel.
Pros
The Team
After 20 years at a previous employer I was nervous about the transition. I need not have been it was every welcoming and training was brilliant. Like anything we need to have the right attitude to get the best out of people
Pros
Welcoming forward thinking
Cons
Non
I've been with the company about 5 months. In this time I achieved a promotion despite being new to the company the interviewing manager saw past this with the attitude being if you're good enough it doesn't matter how long you've worked for the business. This was a breath of fresh air from previous retailers I've worked for. They are helpful and progressive with constant offers to better myself with personal development courses on offer.With any job you have to learn to manage different people but on the whole i find my peers helpful and engaging. Alot is expected from you, however, that expectation comes with freedom to do your job in the manner you deem to be most suitable for you.
Pros
Opportunities to progress, job security
B&M is a good place to work, fair hours, good teamwork, however very low rate of pay.Joining the company was very easy as no formal interview was done.
Pros
Progression available
Cons
Low rate of pay
I have worked for B&M for just over five years now starting as a Christmas temp and progressed to Supervisor and then onto Customer Service Manager. I currently work within the H&S Team and my day to day role now involves carrying out risk assessments, audits, training, accident investigations and supporting stores with a range of issues or general support if required. I have always found B&M to have a good positive culture from working in store and visiting stores around the country. I have always found the management teams to be supportive and willing to listen.
Pros
Good carreer oportunities and staff discount.
Cons
None for me.
I don’t hate it & I don’t love it it’s just ok. My co workers are nice so it helps. Not a big fan of the floor manager but the rest of the management team are nice which is good
Pros
10% discount, nice co workers
Cons
Ugly uniform
The team you work with are excellent! Management and head office are awful! Pay is shocking and always wrong. Wouldn’t recommend unless you’re desperate. Customers are awful too attracts the scummy people which makes work hard due to shop lifting ect.
Pros
Cheap items
Cons
Long hours. Over worked.
I am a customer services manager in a B&M store and the work is fast paced, very active, lots of teamwork essential, varied routine, at times pressurised, good satisfaction gained if department run successfully, lots of paperwork involved and lots of interaction with customers and customer service staff.Having a good team around me makes my job there pleasurable.
Pros
First dibs on cheap products, 10% discount, a manager who listens & interracts
Cons
Salary could be more competitive, a limited progress structure
Having worked for one of the big multiples before joining B&M, I found it liberating from the start, the culture is refreshing and your given a freedom to trade and make your own business decisions, there’s also a great support frame work ranging from the Area Manager and other Store Managers, the pace is fast and there’s always something to do. Progression is there for those that want it, with a number of step up programs in place.
Pros
Progression, 10% discount, support network
I enjoy working here. Great team to be working with. A faster pace now that I have to do 2 hours work in one hour. I'm near retiring age too. Customer service is excellent. Management team very understanding.
Pros
Discounts daily. + extra discount certain times & certain stock.
Cons
Pay could better.
I worked in this company for 2 years, my first year was great until I moved to another store. Wish I never moved. Management are rude and awful, treat you like children. You're on minium wage and expected to do everything at once! Managers say they want the best for you, but will talk nasty about you behind your back. If you care about your mental health, I wouldn't advise this job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, bad management
Working at b&m has been fast paced as it was a new store opening but there was enough staff members to help and they had a team which goes around opening new stores for b&m so was good help for us. Management is overall good. Friendly staff that are always happy to help. I have worked in retail for almost 10years now and I have to say I do enjoy working here out of alot of my previous jobs.
Pros
10% off and sometimes extra
Cons
Can be over crowded and busy on weekends
  1. Employee reviews