b-spokes

b-spokes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews

Insights into b-spokes

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Inclusive work environment

run

job pays well but isnt worth killing yourself over and the work load is stupidly high making it more stressfull than it should have been and they expect so much for so many parcels

Never work for this company

You get a telephone interview with them and they sell it to you fantastic that you’re going to make ££££’s but in reality you make them ££££’s you you get the £’s big difference.Well to start off they say that they give you a minimum of 2 days training (ha) I received half a day and on the next day threw straight into the deep end, zero guidance on how to fully use their app ie how to optimise and set your eta’s, just load van a get out there..Yeah you get a brand spanking new van or a couple of years old which you hire for £50 a week unless……you go 1mph over the limit or you had to break harsh then bam they hit you with a £70 fine……Going back to their app once you figure out how to set the eta’s etc you have to keep the times in the green otherwise you lose points! Oh yeah I forgot to mention that you have to keep the delivery times in the green cause they go off a score sheet and you must stay above 75 points others they hit you with another £70 fine.They say it’s self employment but really it’s not because if you have to take a day off say for instance that your child falls ill so you ring and tell them you can’t come in ohh they go ballistic with you stating you need to give them more notice and it’s just not good enough and they clearly state that it’s in your contract that you will work 6 days a week and 1 Sunday in 4 and they haven’t got time to organise another driver.When you go in the next day you’ve got double rounds to do as the day before didn’t get done so now you’re out until near on 9pm and you’ve been working since 8am. So you don’t want a family life and -

Pros

New van

Cons

Everything about this company

Wages are okay, if you have no life!

Just another number here, they will sack you on the spot.Managers don’t care.6 days a week, mandatory. NO overtime rate either.They mess up wages constant.

Pros

Toilets stink and don’t get cleaned

Cons

They had a kettle

Very poor beware !

SHAMBOLIC COMPANYjust a overall bad run company ! If you enjoy time with your family DONT do this job they will have you working everyday then when you finally start to run out steam as you have run yourself into the ground trying to get all the deliveries to the doors in time they will start treating you like dirt because your bodys tired from running up and down to flats 150+ times a day.

Pros

van

Cons

long hours bad enviroment poor communications everything really !

No respect for drivers

After 6 months working for b-spokes I must say they have 0 respect for their drivers. Nothing but hidden charges, lack of basic communication, managers who couldn't care less about issues that pop up, very little in the way of training, constantly changing the runs and routes, Not being paid correctly, I could keep going but there isn't enough space.

Pros

Casual working environment

Cons

No respect for drivers

If u have no life this is the job for you!

65p a parcel for routes that hermes don't want so are bad routes, expected to work everyday gaffas pressure u to work everyday, if u rent a van u can't even so much as scratch it or you'll get charged a fortune, very minimal training just thrown in at the deep end and expected to float, they fine u 70 quid a week for speeding or braking harsh if u don't hit their target of driving standards, unless u get a good route you'll struggle to even make minimum wage figures after expenses and the hours u put in, don't be fooled by how good they sell it to you.

Pros

Cheap van hire

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, terrible rules and fines

Too be expected to do more than your contact

I got given a job and as started in there email to me my work was great but because I was not going out for and extra 8hours per day on top of my contract they made the excuse of not what we are looking for.... Newcastle depo management and regional manager if they don’t like you they’ll get rid of you

Pros

Good laugh with other drivers and staff

Cons

Depo management

Get OUT what you put IN

With flexibility being paramount in my life. B-spokes as a company has been extremely accommodating to my situations and continue to be, more so than many of the competition.This is a straightforward job - collect your parcels and deliver your parcels. Realistic potential earnings are anything between £300 to £800 a week dependant on how driven you are as an individual and how much time you have.I've been with the company since December 2019 and have to say once you settle into best practices and gain local knowledge of your route this is a cushy career. Come with the correct attitude and you'll succeed.

Pros

High paced yet fun...

Cons

Comms between staff and management could be improved.

Open, honest and inclusive workplace

I've been with the company since March 2020 and I've enjoyed my work alot, its hard work sometimes but what you put in you will get out in pay. I've earned more in the last 12 months than I ever had as a regional manager previously. The first few weeks are always the hardest but once you settle the its alot easier to find your own way. The team are a great bunch to work for and the other drivers are always good folk who help each other out and look out for one another. Been the best working days I've ever had so far, highly recommend.

Pros

Good people, good earnings

Up and rising company. Great to work for.

B-spokes is a great business to work for they are growing rapidly. With a competitive rate of pay also cheap van hire or you can use your own. They is a friendly supportive atmosphere about the whole company. You get to plan your own route and hours. Everyday is different.

Pros

Cheap van hire. Get to be own boss.

Cons

Can be long days.

Difficult but rewarding

Some days are hard some are easy, paid per parcel and get given a van. On-site training provided and easy enough to do. If you are willing to work and contribute to the team you’ll be rewarded. Lazy people don’t get anywhere.

Pros

Company van and good co-workers

Cons

Self-employed / unsecured hours or salary

Great work environment

I’ve been with the company since it started in Newcastle, I love the job as it is very flexible with my family life,the management are very approachable and always helpful,having worked at DHL for 10 years this job was a breath of fresh air for me. If your prepared to put in the work then you will reap the benefits. If your stuck in a dead end job then this is for you.

Pros

Very sociable and flexible workplace

productive , future job

Overall, b-spoke is a great place to work , nowhere is perfect but b-spokes trying. This is one of few larger family business who care about employers. The stuff is very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. I feel valued at b- spokes

Pros

flexible

Cons

is not a hard job

Family owned...family atmosphere!

The family atmosphere and professional set-up, makes for a great environment to work in. From interview to induction, the approach has been attentive and pressure free....so far so good!

Pros

Great atmosphere

Fast Paced/. Enjoyable

Been with b-spokes a few years now, great place to work and rewarded well for your efforts. 50 Quid a week for van hire to which you get to take home. Management always on hand to help if needed and great bunch of couriers along side you. Worked for other delivery company’s in the past and this is by far the best. Paid per parcel so always have the chance to make more money if needed.Don’t let the negative reviews put you off applying, make your own mind up, I’m so glad I did.

Pros

Great environment- cheap van hire

Cons

Rainy days - part and parcel of the job

Hard work pays!!

I have worked for b-spokes for several years now. As you are paid per parcel you have the potential to make very good money. The more effort you put in the more you can make. The van hire works out at around £50 per week which is the cheapest I have seen. The managers are genuine and are very helpful.

Pros

The more you put in the more you get back.

Cons

Can be physical

Very progressive and modern vibe

A very professional, progressive company who genuinely care that everyone who wants to work hard is treated and paid well. You are made to feel like part of the team/family straight away

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Fast paced, potential to earn good money if you put in the effort

Supourtive managment while I have been there will help if you ask, good money a family run buisness that does what says on the tin.Struggle first few weeks but once you get in the mind set and learn everything and best way of doing things that suits you there great potential to earn great money.

Pros

Supportive managment, plan your own day, cheap van hire

Cons

6 day weeks and sometimes long hours

Great to be part of a company growing and bucking the trend of these COVID times

b-spokes may be a delivery company, but as well as delivering thousands of parcels, it’s on it’s own journey of growth to deliver a bigger and better company. With that growth comes growing pains, these are natural as we move from being a small company to a more structured sme. I feel positive about the changes we’re making that help to make b-spokes a great place to work.Our growth and plans are aligned to our guiding principles - * Always go the extra mile *Provide the best delivery service each and every day *Treat each other with respect.

Great place to work!

Really happy coming to work daily which is a great feeling! Flexible hours which suits my lifestyle!Managers are supportive and the training was really good!And this is the best money I have earnt!

Pros

Good money and positive atmosphere

Be careful with what they make you sign

During the interview you feel a "cool" atmosphere where you get a description of tasks, payment, van rental, payed training etc. When they send you the contract to sign as a self employed, the fee as a concrete number is mentioned nowhere, the van rental seems higher and it says that you get paid for your training only if you stay for at least until x date. The terms is absolutely back from the middle age era and if you're desperate enough to sign it say bye bye to fair payment, good health and self esteem. Management and operation system chaotic.

Pros

I don't see any pros in human exploitation

Cons

Long hours, chaotic management, confusing contract, poor payment, disappear after they treat you like nothing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at b-spokes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare b-spokes with

• b-spokes
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?