b-spokes

b-spokes Employee Reviews

United Kingdom34 reviews

gooddaycompanygreatworkbspokesjobvan

run

job pays well but isnt worth killing yourself over and the work load is stupidly high making it more stressfull than it should have been and they expect so much for so many parcels

Managers have no clue.

Hidden charges with driving score and £500 fines for small scratches to van. Managers dont care bout your life aslong as theyre parcels are out the depot.

Pros

Cons

Long hours waiting unpaid

Insights into b-spokes

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

Can't be trusted.

They'll take money from your wages for no reason, ask you to deliver a ridiculous amount of parcels, nothing is their fault it's always the driver to blame. Poor pay.

Amazing Place to Work

I have worked for b-spokes for over 2 years now and I can honestly say a working week has never gone by quicker! it's such a great environment to work in, everyone is friendly and welcoming, right from my first day to today, the owner sometimes calls you, just to see how you are. how refreshing is that! working during the pandemic had challenges for everyone, but at b-spokes nothing was too much trouble, all of the staff were understanding and helpful. I can say without a shadow of a doubt, this is one of the best places I have worked in my entire career.

Good people, Good company

b-spokes has been the best company I have worked for. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with some really great people that make the days pass by quickly. I have been given opportunities to grow with in the company and better myself as well. I am happy and grateful to be working with b-spokes.

Fast paced enjoyable work for go getters

b-spokes like any multidrop courier company is a fast paced dynamic work place. What sets them apart from the rest is your much more than just a courier to them, the guiding principles that the company is built on is clearly visible in the day to day running all the way from the top to the bottom of the organisation. Senior management take the time to get to know you as an individual and even the managing director knows your name. The support to learn and grow in your role is also there and if you're a 'dooer' you will go far and the earning potential is staggering!

Slave labour

Terrible work environment, incompetent individuals are promoted within the company without advertising the position. There is no communication of desired tasks from management but rather chatter among employees. The only concern is the bottom line and are happy to insist people work endlessly with no incentive or appreciation for the workers… highly recommended you find somewhere else to work.

Pros

Honestly can’t think of one

Cons

Working for them

Throws customers parcels about in warehouse

Mangers throwing parcels around in warehouse in the morning so you don't get out delivering until midday sometimesMuck people about at weekends so they can get out drinking

Family owned...family atmosphere!

The family atmosphere and professional set-up, makes for a great environment to work in. From interview to induction, the approach has been attentive and pressure free....so far so good!

Pros

Great atmosphere

Cons

Would advise to stay well clear of this company

Absolute shambles fuel charge is double going rate happy enough to let you go with out any explanation at all and refuse to pay what your due. Try and make out that everything was you

Cons

Wages are okay, if you have no life!

Just another number here, they will sack you on the spot.Managers don’t care.6 days a week, mandatory. NO overtime rate either.They mess up wages constant.

Pros

Toilets stink and don’t get cleaned

Cons

They had a kettle

Very poor beware !

SHAMBOLIC COMPANYjust a overall bad run company ! If you enjoy time with your family DONT do this job they will have you working everyday then when you finally start to run out steam as you have run yourself into the ground trying to get all the deliveries to the doors in time they will start treating you like dirt because your bodys tired from running up and down to flats 150+ times a day.

Pros

van

Cons

long hours bad enviroment poor communications everything really !

No respect for drivers

After 6 months working for b-spokes I must say they have 0 respect for their drivers. Nothing but hidden charges, lack of basic communication, managers who couldn't care less about issues that pop up, very little in the way of training, constantly changing the runs and routes, Not being paid correctly, I could keep going but there isn't enough space.

Pros

Casual working environment

Cons

No respect for drivers

If u have no life this is the job for you!

65p a parcel for routes that hermes don't want so are bad routes, expected to work everyday gaffas pressure u to work everyday, if u rent a van u can't even so much as scratch it or you'll get charged a fortune, very minimal training just thrown in at the deep end and expected to float, they fine u 70 quid a week for speeding or braking harsh if u don't hit their target of driving standards, unless u get a good route you'll struggle to even make minimum wage figures after expenses and the hours u put in, don't be fooled by how good they sell it to you.

Pros

Cheap van hire

Cons

Long hours, bad pay, terrible rules and fines

Too be expected to do more than your contact

I got given a job and as started in there email to me my work was great but because I was not going out for and extra 8hours per day on top of my contract they made the excuse of not what we are looking for.... Newcastle depo management and regional manager if they don’t like you they’ll get rid of you

Pros

Good laugh with other drivers and staff

Cons

Depo management

Get OUT what you put IN

With flexibility being paramount in my life. B-spokes as a company has been extremely accommodating to my situations and continue to be, more so than many of the competition.This is a straightforward job - collect your parcels and deliver your parcels. Realistic potential earnings are anything between £300 to £800 a week dependant on how driven you are as an individual and how much time you have.I've been with the company since December 2019 and have to say once you settle into best practices and gain local knowledge of your route this is a cushy career. Come with the correct attitude and you'll succeed.

Pros

High paced yet fun...

Cons

Comms between staff and management could be improved.

Open, honest and inclusive workplace

I've been with the company since March 2020 and I've enjoyed my work alot, its hard work sometimes but what you put in you will get out in pay. I've earned more in the last 12 months than I ever had as a regional manager previously. The first few weeks are always the hardest but once you settle the its alot easier to find your own way. The team are a great bunch to work for and the other drivers are always good folk who help each other out and look out for one another. Been the best working days I've ever had so far, highly recommend.

Pros

Good people, good earnings

Up and rising company. Great to work for.

B-spokes is a great business to work for they are growing rapidly. With a competitive rate of pay also cheap van hire or you can use your own. They is a friendly supportive atmosphere about the whole company. You get to plan your own route and hours. Everyday is different.

Pros

Cheap van hire. Get to be own boss.

Cons

Can be long days.

Difficult but rewarding

Some days are hard some are easy, paid per parcel and get given a van. On-site training provided and easy enough to do. If you are willing to work and contribute to the team you’ll be rewarded. Lazy people don’t get anywhere.

Pros

Company van and good co-workers

Cons

Self-employed / unsecured hours or salary

Great work environment

I’ve been with the company since it started in Newcastle, I love the job as it is very flexible with my family life,the management are very approachable and always helpful,having worked at DHL for 10 years this job was a breath of fresh air for me. If your prepared to put in the work then you will reap the benefits. If your stuck in a dead end job then this is for you.

Pros

Very sociable and flexible workplace

productive , future job

Overall, b-spoke is a great place to work , nowhere is perfect but b-spokes trying. This is one of few larger family business who care about employers. The stuff is very friendly and the atmosphere is relaxing. I feel valued at b- spokes

Pros

flexible

Cons

is not a hard job

Ask a question about working or interviewing at b-spokes. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement