B and M

B and M Employee Reviews

I have worked with b&m and I really liked it so am willing to work in b&m again the staff was good and they would work in a team and help u to so am willing to work in b&m again so an going to put my cv into them.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Any hours
The culture in stores is the managements to create and is usually fast paced and funThe issue with the company is the unrealistic expectations of the senior leadership teams and the complete lack of a culture of listening to change opportunities , it’s all it has to be done this way, no excuses at this timeThe HR teams that work at group level do nothing to create a culture of growth and development and seem to be just fire fighting
Pros
Right store can be fun
Cons
Poor pay and poor senior leadership
Great place to work although fast paced you gain lots of friends and knowledge of the retail business. Lots of in store training for people and help is on hand if you need extra support
Pros
Management bonus
Cons
No extra pay for managers who work longer hours when needed
Since joining B and M 9 years ago I have been talented spotted and encouraged and supported in my learning and development within the B and M frame work .Because of this support I am now a very capable deputy manager and love being a part of my team at Southport . I love my workplace and look forward to seeing our fantastic customers at Southport
Pros
Fast paced friendly never dull
Cons
Salary could be better
Every day is different, hard work but enjoyable.Fast pace but you feel like your decisions make differences to the business and results. Pay not as great as main supermarket retailers but you can achieve a great work life balance that you can't achieve elsewhere and that is priceless. Great opportunities for progression also and a team that backs you 100%
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Pay could be better
Love working at b and m I have worked in retail all my life but haven’t enjoyed until I started working for b and m. The management and staff are great and it’s a real good atmosphere I actually look forward to going into work now.
Pros
Great teamwork
Cons
Not enough pay
Working at b and m have given me so much more confidence in myself. The staff are friendly and so are the management who are always willing to help and give advice when needed. I have grown as a person since working there and really enjoy interacting with the customers on a daily basis.
Pros
Available Overtime
Cons
Pay could better
I joined the b and m staff in march 2020 this was two days before the lockdown . This made the team work together more than they ever have , immediately joining the team I felt included and part of the team. The staff and management were extremely helpful with the training and introducing me to retail. I'm proud of my work and what I do for the company every time I'm at work. i enjoy working closely with my colleagues who I've grown close with. The company is fast paced and there's always something to do and something new to learn. Everyone is extremely helpful and nothing is too much trouble. I enjoy working here every single shift!
Pros
Flexible working hours and at least 1 paid lunch break
Cons
Can be very fast paced and trying to rember everything to do can be difficult
Good place to work, staffcolleagues all friendly and all get on...hard paced and productive but still have a laugh. Management are understanding, caring; listen to your needs and try all they can to work around everyones requirements and taken into consideration.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad pay
I started as a temporary job in march 2020 the beginning of the pandemic, when I was only 17. I offered to the management team that I would like to progress and he did his best to make that happen. Once I turned 18 I was promoted at customer service supervisor in charge of the till. I didn't have an easy and smooth start in the role however the management team didn't give up and gave all the support I needed. All the staff and friendly have hardly have a bad word to say about anyone. The pay isn't great 30p extra above minimum wage. However the 10% discount always comes in handy and the double discount weekends throughout the year.
Pros
Fast pass, paid break if doing 6 hrs. Supportive. Constantly learning. Plenty of overtime
Cons
Some long shifts, the pay isn't the best
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at B and M?
B and M is a good place to work.The staff members are fantastic, friendly and helpful towards each other and customers. Some customers can be rude,but that happens everywhere,it’s life.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Work load in time given
I was the only person to turn up to interview and was offered the position there and then as now I know they were desperate to employ.Bad Management making full promises and misleading you with information about the job.Very old security equipment expected to work with.Rude staffLong shifts and no time to see family.No sick pay.Expected to work in different stores as they would not pay for other security but was told different at interview.Etc Etc Etc
Cons
Good work life balance. Management at more store is excellent they all help in anyway they can. Interesting job. Roles on tills shopfloor and warehouse.
Pros
Hours are good. Staff all help each other.
Cons
Pay
Employees aren’t cared about so long as they are making money. I know it’s a business but a happy worker is a good worker. Promotion is given to friend not people who deserve it
Management are really accommodating. All the other staff are really nice too. Different shifts available for all staff. Fast paced but also rewarding.
Pros
Shifts
I love working for b and m , we have a great team with great management, we have fun but get the job done! Great working with the public and having a secure job in these unsure times.
Pros
Friendly and helpful staff
Cons
Late nights
I recently started with the company and have had a lot to learn in a short space of time, however, the team helping train me would never let me feel like I was drowning and are still supportive to this day. The day to day is fast paced and plans may often change so adaptability is a must. However it’s incredibly rewarding to see the effort you put in returned to you in the form of being part of a hard working team which simply just clicks. The management of my area are second to none and offers anyone who shows they want it the chance to prove themselves and progress, a true transformation from the rumours I had heard before starting.
Pros
Uniform provided, bonus scheme for upper management, hard working culture
B and m is all about in bound and oud bound where the the load is shifted from containers to warehouse and there other different works that available in b and m
First management good then went downhill,manager told head office I quit and got rude,i was asked by the manager what would happen it thay dident have the hours,my response was I would have to get other work ,managers response was bye then ,when I spoke to head office,thay said we beleave ,the manager rather than me,
at my time at b and m I have had a roller-coaster of a time as some days are a lot worse than others but overall for a job and learning about how the working world is and fully maturing yourself for your life ahead i would recommend.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
some of the workers
I began work here as a temp colleague and within 3 years have worked my way up to deputy manager. The environment is fun, fast paced and offers plenty of chances to progress and improve. The management team constantly offers help and coaching to those that are interested and overall my experience here has developed many key skills. I would recommend this company to anyone that wants a role they can constantly develop in.
Pros
Colleauge coaching and chances to progress
  1. Employee reviews