BAE Systems

United Kingdom694 reviews

Found 694 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,246 reviews
schemeflexitimedefenceflexipensionprogressionaircraftshare

Sometimes Interesting / Sometimes to bureaucratic

Been at BAE for a number of years, I enjoy the people and the job. Sometimes it does feel like your pushing water uphill though!They pay good lip service to ways of working and being inclusive etc, but it doesnt often feel that way.

Good place

Good place to work ,Good workforce,interesting job and work environment. The management at the time wasn't the best,work hours were good,plenty of parking

Insights into BAE Systems

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose

General good

Good place to work with a plethora of decent benefits. Certainly faired me well, had the opportunity for a few promotions over the last few years. Provided you work hard, you will get on in the company.

Pros

Share scheme, market based salary, benefits, job pride

Cons

Can be high stress

Great for start of career

You will learn alot on the job about munitions design and it can be interesting to work in the defence industry. Great team to work with and opportunities to explore the different areas of the company.

Excellent

Really good place to work. Excellent environment. Lovely decor. Nice people. Always mixing. Good rea. Nice canteen. Great parking. Very tall. Also small

Needs Improvement

Workplace culture is okay - a lot of ex service which is understandable, I feel like a lot of the process and the culture are outdated and needs improvement.Management needs improving, the head of my current department, the people below him want to go and further develop their career with further education, but the head doesn't allow it as he is afraid people will leave - even though people will leave to find an employer that will fund education to themThe most enjoyable part of my job is the hybrid working, but this is being phased out of BAE sadly, as its been announced that our department has to be in full-time as a 'working collaborative environment' even though I can talk to a peer over skype and teams etc...I feel like a lot of old people in management that are narrowminded, and have the 'my way or the highway' type of the philosophy.

Pros

Salary, Bonus, Hybrid Working, Share Scheme

Cons

Processes, Management, Culture

Productive and fast learning workplace

Great place to work had the opportunity to develop all skills. Supervisors are east to get on with and also give you guidance. Lots of benefits to the job including shares etc

Good employer

Enjoy working here, interesting work and good pay. Benefits overall are good: share scheme, annual bonus and pay review. The people in my team are supportive.

Fantastic Colleagues - but too many re orgs

The constant re orgs leave the business in chaos. Lots of silos sometimes doing the same thing but following different governance. Sneaky castle building amidst the chaos can leave employees left out at the edge. Lots of overworked staff burning out doing 90% of the work.

Bad experience

Job in accounts was the most brain-numbing experience of my life. Nowhere near enough work to do, constantly clock watching. No team engagement. Worst job I've ever had despite my wanting to work there since I left school.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Very little work, no team atmosphere

Unproductive and poorly managed company

Lack of HR department causing delays when you need to speak to HR on the same day or week. Lack of leadership and direction. Company is focused on cutting corners/costs rather than expand revenues streams and new business areas. Basic employee interfaces provide poor services (i.e IT department providing poor quality and faulty equipment) Lack of IT software available - No MS Teams, slack or chat services.

Pros

Flexi-time (manager dependant)

Cons

Poorly operated IT and HR Departments

Exciting workplace

Finance function is welcoming, systems can be difficult to manage. The work is hybrid but the function try to have events to get employees into office for face to face interaction.

Great place

Enjoyed every minute there was a great place to work never had any problems and if you are struggling at all they do what they can to help you rather than ignoring you

Good but can be improved

BAE have a good internal mobility team but managers dont use them enough. Managers need to look inside and grow their own before diving outside to hire all the time as it takes a long time to learn the internal processes and how things work. It stifles talent and then people leave.

Not a great time

It was an okay job but nepotism was rife and I wasn't comfortable working for a defence company who do business with countries you'd least expect them to..

Stressful and unorganised

What is the best part of working at the company?They pretend to be a caring people company but they are certainly notWhat is the most stressful part about working at the company?The company is full of bullies.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Dreadful. It is a company that is full of loud mouthed bulliesWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?Stressful. I worried everyday. You are allowed to have your bosses opinion only!

Supportive workplace

Great place to work. Pay is excellent and management is really supportive. They were very empathetic when I was having mental health struggles. Great opportunities for development

Hmm

Working here is a bit of a chore. I really enjoy my job however i am blocked from advancement by rascist policies.Too little staff means a stressful working life and management don't seem to care.Corners are cut and safety is an afterthought. Sadly do not recommend.

Pros

You get to do everyone elses work when they don't do it

Great Place to work

I have worked at BAES for over 2 years now and i can honestly say it is a brilliant place. You do not feel like a number and the progression is good.

Good place on the whole

Good working environment with an emphasis on health and safety, the pay could be improved but is a secure job once you are in there. I worked there for 18 years.

Great life balance

Work from home so great work life balance. Great on site offices and a very relaxed atmosphere. Have to travel occasionally to site for collaborating meetings.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAE Systems. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare BAE Systems with

• BAE Systems
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?