BMW Group
Happiness score is 57 out of 100

BMW Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom309 reviews

Found 309 reviews matching the searchSee all 3,383 reviews

Good pay for uncertain, temporary work

Most new starters are taken on as temps, and in assembly. You will learn a number of different roles in your section and be expected to cover them as required. You will perform the same activity every 66 seconds - and they will normally be full seconds - for an eight hour shift with one 15 minute and one 30 minute break. Temps are made permanent after 3-5 years but cannot progress until directly employed and in the meantime are the first to be dimissed or have shifts cancelled if there are issues - ie, Brexit, pandemic, etc..

Pros

Good money for unskilled work

Cons

Rotating shifts, physically very hard, no job security

Fun , great

Great to place to work , fast paced , high energy . Lots of benefits and good experience around . Can be challenging at times meeting sales figures . Top place

Cons

Management not professional but staff members friendly

The mangers weren’t friendly and really rude. Was disappointed with that but other member of staff were really friendly and made you feel welcomed. Just a shame that the manager let the place down

Pros

Friendly team members

Cons

Management are rude

Fun workplace

I was working for Partridge BMW in Southampton 2 years , C&D . was my best experience and most beautiful job , you're nice and clean , meet new people everyday to sharing your experience and for me , driving is a pleasure

Poor management

Terrible managers, and far too many of them. Unhittable targets, constant changing of the goal posts to achieve bonus.Management forever shunning off problems or passing the book. Major lack of communication between departments.

Pros

Good product training

Cons

Management, wages

Its Fun working

One feel proud that, he created or assembled is running on the road. Beautiful environment of work . One learn more and more skills. Having full health and safety. Working in different areas with different PPI. Good opportunities for apprenticeships .

Pros

Not very expensive lunch

Cons

Short hours waiting for long

Productive and comfortable working environment

The working day started before the start time, and frequently only finished after; however, there were seldom any complaints. The focus was getting the job done, with the involvement of all departments, and whereby the majority of decisions needed to be made within a productive time frame.With a professional and well balanced work team, each and every challenge needed to be addressed with a degree of perfection, a careful and thorough theoretical process, and the subsequent practical working model of the applicable project to hand. The most difficult or challenging part of the job was the re creation of new and unique ideas, whilst the most difficult part of the job was ensuring that each and every minor detail had been addressed and tested. Fast forward to the somewhat more modern day world, and advanced technological improvements associated with such, these roles continue to be of paramount importance; and particularly whereby both the "front and back of house" roles need to function side by side.

Pros

Company vehicles

Cons

Mandatory extra curriculum activities

Love working for bmw

Amazing place to work great mangers and great service everyone’s their to help each other. People not only love the brand but they love the culture that comes with it

Pros

Discounts

Cons

Better pay would be great

Excellent Employer

BMW Group with Rolls Royce Motor Cars are a very employee focused company and are one of the best companies I have worked for in over 50 years in the industry.

Pros

Friendly, supportive, professional

Cons

Can have fixed ideas but are willing to listen

Very Productive and great people to work alongside

Great bunch of people from all nations,very friendly bunch of male and females,teamwork gets 10 out of 10,line managers are very helpful too.great ti see the finished product driving past our line

Pros

7 & 1/2 shifts 5 day week, plus numerous bonuses

Cons

Weekly rotating shifts not good for the sleep pattern

Terrible place to work

The site is run by DHL inside track who have no idea how to treat permanent staff. They constantly dislodge members of staff who have been loyal to BMW for many years in favour of agency staff. All the permanent staff are miserable due to this which makes it an unpleasant place to work. The management are terrible and very rarely communicate with permanent staff, but are seen regularly chatting with agency staff. On a whole management need to start looking after there permanent contracted staff and treating them like human beings and not something they have just stepped in on the pavement.

Pros

Cons

The bonus scheme which i was told ran at 12% but has never been that since i started .

Taken for granted

Great people but totally Taken for granted and treated like dirt by BMW who have us on 0 hour contract so no work no pay totally taken advantage of!!!

Pros

Money

Cons

0 hour contract no work no pay

Hard but good wage

Its a good place to earn money but thats it but i dont know i never stayed that long to find out but it takes about 8yrs to get that privilege (BMW CONTRACT)

Pros

Money

Cons

Hard repetitive work

Good...while it lasts...

I worked at BMW Thorne as a Driver for 9 months.I'll admit, I really liked it. As a car lover, spending every day driving brand new BMWs was my dream, from basic 1-Series all the way up to the i8, I loved it.Shifts were one week earlys, the next lates, and repeat, which was fair on everyone, which I didnt mind. The lates were great after 5pm, as all the Mechanics and Bodyshop guys went home, so it was quiet.Wage was basic minimum, which was OK, but it cost me £200 a month in petrol to get there and back, which wasnt great. I guess thats the price of running a Focus ST.As for the workers...some are great, others not so much. The yard lads were sound, but some of the bodyshop and paint guys sure had an ego, and the mechanics just look down on you as if you're their servant.As usual with these places, the worst of all is the management. They just use agency staff for fun. Sack you when they want for no good reason, and lie to you about it.I had a great 2 week off at Xmas and was looking forward to going back to work, only to be called on the day before going back that somehow work has slowed and they had to let some agency workers go.I was sad about it, but accepted it, and was told to drop my entry pass at reception and not enter the building...which I ignored.I went back and entered the building as I wanted to say bye to my friends, only to find out they only got rid of ME, and everyone else was still there.Great job, but just run by liars who dont care about their staff. You are just a pawn in their game. You mean nothing to them.You have been warned.

Pros

The cars, and some great people.

Cons

Management, wage, and some of the people.

Management poor

Don’t listen to or care about employees as it’s all about making money for the company not progression for employees. A lot of back stabbing and ear wigging. Want you fresh out of college so they can manipulate you

Pros

Laptop and car benefit and health plans

Very mundane

The processes became really physically demanding, and I found the shifts that we were expected to do was a real unbalance to work home life ratio, a struggle..

Pros

Good wages

Cons

Shift rotation

Terrible place to work

Long hours, rotating shitt pattern, managers who have no clue about what they are doing. All In all the very very last place you EVER want to work.When they bring in a new manager for the area that has no experience, no common sense and no idea what to do, this is bmw at its finest. No longer do they promote the "grunts" through the ranks, instead, they bring in young adults, fresh from university with a chip on their shoulder and no experience in the job. They make decisions based on their education, and not through experience, thereby making staff miserable, and, with higher managers taking the newbies side, it's pointless.

Pros

Cons

Long hours and idiots who do not understand man management

Brilliant place to work

No stress nothing at all just learning something new everyday and a big support from management the team are great and have respect for one and other

Very comprehensive and regimented.

Thoroughly enjoyed my job at BMW Financial Services in Hook, Hampshire.My only negative outcome is the unfair promotion for those who are “friends with managers” and office politics is rife!

Pros

Company cars every 5-8 months & pension.

Cons

Pay isn’t that great.

Quality workshop environment

Of course your around quality cars, the workshop was the best ive encountered, the training courses your sent on are second to none and enjoyable, certainly no expense spared on the training aspect, made good friends there good bunch of guys, and your invited to all company get togethers, overall a good place to work, i left only because of a career change and was travelling 35 miles a day..

Pros

Good bunch when i was there

Cons

Some procedural tweeks needed

Ok at times

Initial 2 year contract with the security of full time bmw contract after 2 year trial period. Didn’t materialise, all of us were lied to. Structure and support for certain shifts non-existent.

Pros

Knowledgeable work colleagues

Cons

Ignored by senior management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMW Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BMW Group