BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC

BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Good college job

Easy work. They pay well for part time and there are a lot of opportunities to move up the ladder. The rules however are strict and some section leaders are better then others

Good pay and benefits.

Good starting pay and benefits. Hard work. Plenty of jobs to apply for and get off the assembly line. It can be very strict at times. Clock in clock out and go home.

Excellent growth

Good pay, benefits, growth opportunities. Flexibility in schedules. Raises every year. Cons.Lack of communication/transparency. Hard on body. Night shift.

Great place to work if your only worry is benefits.

No clear career progression path, Strong corporate politics, competency level of manager doesn't always parallel with given team, lack of diversity at 2% for entire org etc.

Not as good as it seems from the outside

Employees could be treated a lot better. This company makes to much money not to care about the people that are making them the money more. To much stuff to list and I've been in multiple positions there.

Productive. Job security. Fun and safety at its best

One of the best company y to o work with good opportunity to advance, friendly environment, team work leads and better pay with beautiful work conditions. I had the best of onboard training ever and would recommend BMW to anyone always.

Fun place to work

You get paid well and you have wonderful people to work with. They are a remarkably diverse company, and they have respect for their employees. I miss working here

Pros

Pay, breaks

Cons

Can't use the restroom unless in an emergency

Long hours, selfish management

While the pay here is great, the environment is toxic and management is very selfish. It’s not about what you know there, it’s about who you know. 10 hour shifts are exhausting and it takes a toll on your body after a while.

It was a good company to work for fast paced many different sides and jobs to do. It's a very big place.if you like cars and or working on them then it's a dream job.

Great pay but that’s it…

Working here you will get paid reasonably but moving up is very few opportunities. The wear and tear on the body is definitely not worth it in my opinion.

It’s what you make it

If you want to advance the opportunity is there, come to work everyday and do quality work and you’ll stand out. The ones that say otherwise I promise you play the point system and have no ambition. It is repetitive work but they are ergonomic about thins and offer physical therapy if anything doesn’t feel right. Benefits are amazing.

Pros

Lease program

Cons

On your feet a lot

Challenging schedule and work environment

the pay looks attractive, but depending on where you get placed in logistics you will feel the physical exhaustion of 10 hour shifts and strict safety expectations. everyone breaks process to meet production speed and you really have to watch your step to avoid getting hurt.

Decent Enough

Decent job, pay is alright. Work is mostly physical with almost no light duty what so ever. Work isn't very hard to pick up on if you have a working brain.

Company only cares about itself

No work life home life balance, repetitive motion injuries. Promotions are based mostly on skin color. After 20 years and 6 surgeries I was let go and am permanently disabled now and I missed so much of my kids growing up.

Nothing great to say

No life working here and you are just a number they don’t care about you or your well-being they want you to dedicate your life and get hurt and keep working

Beware physically challenging, too many cons

I just started working here 2 months ago. The benefits are good. I currently work with MAU (which is what they use to hire people at first then later on you can get hired eventually at BMW). I make 18.50/hour, but supposedly they're raising it to 19.50 soon. You get all the benefit goodies: dental, medical, eye. But when with MAU you get the typical benefits you probably pay now with regular employers. Versus BMW when hired on it's a huge difference. Instead of like a $250 copay for a family you'll maybe be paying $75 instead. You also get small discounts at some places, but it's usually only 10%.Schedule of days can be like this.You work 4 days in a row one week.The next week you work split days like Monday Tuesday then off Wed Thursday then back on Fri Saturday.The next week after that you work 4 days in a row but then you have your 5 day weekend (Friday to Tuesday)Then it starts all over again.Anyway, over to the cons. It's physically demanding. I'm extremely tired by the time I come home. We work 10 hours a day, with 40 min lunch, 2 10 minute breaks. As a line assembly my schedule is from 7am to 5:40pm. (Mandatory overtime can range from 30 mins to 2 hours, depending on company needs) But it's terrible cause the plant is so big it takes about 2-5 mins to get anywhere from your line to the bathroom. Most of the time you have to speed walk or run to do what you need to do before you start working. It takes me 10 mins walking fast to get to the cafeteria and by the time I come back with food I maybe only have 10 mins to eat. The line starts exactly when breaks are -

Pros

Medical, dental, eye, 5 day weekends, pay decent

Cons

Super short break, speed walking required to make it on time, management doesn't listen, you're on your own you need to fend for yourself

Stable Pay. Overtime if wanted. No Room For Growth if you’re not buddy buddy with management. They know who they want for new positions and advancements. If you’re not one of their buddies it’s not happening.

Good pay

Good pay for the work, just no time for family or the ability to take time off to do things with them, you are literally just a number to them, if you get injured or start developing an injury they drag their feet and do everything possible to avoid sending you to a real doctor

Extremely challenging

Mentally and physically challenging, as well as long hours 10 hrs and 40 min days. If you like a ever changing environment and challenges, then you have a future at BMW

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Short breaks, long days, not

Decent money if you don't value time at home.

Management is beyond awful, conditions are worsening daily, overworking is common. The only bright side to this place really, is that they shutdown twice a year for 2 weeks, but most of the time you get paid for 30% of the break.

Pros

2 weeks off in December and July.

Cons

No sick days, See the plant more than you will probably see your family, No free food, Overpriced food, Strenuous work, Long hours, Bad management, Injury-prone

Terrible work environment

Not a good place. Favoritism, hard work that destroys your body, absolutely no work life balance. Just sleep and work is all you'll have time for....

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BMW Manufacturing Co., LLC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement