bp

bp Employee Reviews

Don't think all staff should have same salary , safety is priority, wages on time,lots of support from management, high standards, trying making all of us happy from working with BP
Manager was utterly useless and after working only 1 shift I was left with 1 other member of staff to work the entire shift and both of us where new starters
Pros
Free food and hot drinks
Cons
Useless management
Zero hours. No contracts. 8-50 hours given when wanted. Money taken from wages if customers have not paid for fuel. Cash in hand for friends that come from London to do shifts and paid a lot more. No bank holidays or overtime pay. No benefits. That is because it has been franchised out to private contractors.
Great place to work and get a long ,and work for a better future for yourself and you're family in a secure environment you can climb up the ladder in b.p and become the best you can be
Pros
Everything and more
Cons
I have been with BP for a year now and my experience has got me looking for a new job.The pay is just over minimum wage which I can deal with but not worth the stress which comes with the job.The main problem i have with working at BP is they never follow through with promises.I have been promised training to further my career since I finished my probation period and they have never followed through with it.It is a good job if you are looking for a stop gap while you try and find something better but it's not a good place to work to see out the rest of your career but that is just my experience.
Pros
15% discount and 50% discount on lunch
Cons
Very high expectations, expected to do jobs others won't do, lack of carrier progression, no home life with family
Thoroughly enjoyed working there. Excellent pay and career progression if you wanted to go that route. Good holiday entitlement and good relaxed casual business attire to be worn. Free car parking on site.
Pros
Pension, good holiday entitlement and gym on site.
Cons
Shift work on rota
BP are an up-and-coming company who are keen to help people with the best possible opportunity to work and to be a part of the team. They are also understanding about child care.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
Shift work
Enjoyed it for the most part but no support over Christmas period from management.Long shifts so if you like a job with no social life this would be the one for you.
Cons
Extremely rewarding place to work, a company that values every individual and rewards appropriately. Due to the scale of the business there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things and move into different roles. Inclusive environment that prides itself on a safety culture.
Pros
Lunch allowance, bonus, fuel card
BP is a professional organisation that trusts its staff to respond to agreed principles and work ethic. It is a company that allows employees to grow with company evolution.
Pros
Development on an exhilarating scale
Cons
Dont come onboard if you don't like challenges
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
Been here a year now from a caring role to customer service assistant, I would never go into any other job now I work here. It’s fun, friendly and the management are fantastic people.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Good atmosphere and all staff get along. Can get very busy at times especially during peak hours. Management are all nice and help you with any problems. Lots of overtime available. Only con is you can’t leave site on your breaks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A strong culture which, starts at the top of the organisation with actions to create an inclusive workplace. A genuine drive to do better when it comes to the environment - active listening, collaboration, and leaders walking the talk.
Good place to work loved every min of it and would recommend the place over any other main manger was bit of an bum other then that everyone was great I had to leave with my mental health
Pros
Making friends free hot drinks
Cons
Manger
A job for life, great people, great benefits, great salary.I would totally and highly recommend BP as an employer, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at BP.
Pros
Benefits\Culture\Salary
I have worked for BP from 1978 as a petrol pump attendant. To license operater, and then after a break shift manager.The company has lots of problems in it daily operations and needs top class people if that's you then have fun and a great life.I owe a lot to BP.
Pros
A future
Cons
Having to step up to the plate.
My role was very demanding but also rewarding. Strong customer service and Admin role. Good team. Busy role with a large amount of Administration and Customer service.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
I enjoyed working at BP. Money was very good and the time off was excellent. Had a really good standard of living. Was dangerous but financial incentives were great.
Pros
Well paid. Lots of holidays
Cons
Long hours. Shift work. Work Xmas and New year etc
I have worked for bp for many years and I can only say what a joy it is to work for a company that listen! Management team at bp has changed over the years and now its stable and one that cares about the whole team. Very fun place to work and I can only say that I have witnessed management deal promptly with issues that arise quickly to avoid any escalation and further issues within the team.
Pros
50% staff lunch
Cons
Open on Christmas day
Accurately processing, matching and posting of intercompany transactions. Deal with group of Intercompany vendor accounts ensure financial results are produced to deadlines.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
BP claim to pride themselves as a company that cares for its people, when actually their stores are full of toxic management who shun any outsider/new person and give next to no support to those who need it. They bullied staff members into believing that their approach to social distancing was adequate when it wasn't, and if anyone said that they didn't feel comfortable with working in a busy store with no room for social distancing they were dismissed immediately as a 'wimp'. If you have any form of depression or anxiety then don't feel like you can go to their managers or HR department as according to them depression isn't a disability and they will not even have a conversation with you to see how they can help, they will just say to you that the company spends lots of money on a free membership for the Calm app for you to use.
Pros
Free coffee on shift
Cons
Terrible work hours, bullying in stores, discriminatory approach to mental illnesses.
  1. Employee reviews