bp

bp Employee Reviews

Good atmosphere and all staff get along. Can get very busy at times especially during peak hours. Management are all nice and help you with any problems. Lots of overtime available. Only con is you can’t leave site on your breaks.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Enjoyed it for the most part but no support over Christmas period from management.Long shifts so if you like a job with no social life this would be the one for you.
Cons
Extremely rewarding place to work, a company that values every individual and rewards appropriately. Due to the scale of the business there are plenty of opportunities to learn new things and move into different roles. Inclusive environment that prides itself on a safety culture.
Pros
Lunch allowance, bonus, fuel card
BP is a professional organisation that trusts its staff to respond to agreed principles and work ethic. It is a company that allows employees to grow with company evolution.
Pros
Development on an exhilarating scale
Cons
Dont come onboard if you don't like challenges
Been here a year now from a caring role to customer service assistant, I would never go into any other job now I work here. It’s fun, friendly and the management are fantastic people.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
A strong culture which, starts at the top of the organisation with actions to create an inclusive workplace. A genuine drive to do better when it comes to the environment - active listening, collaboration, and leaders walking the talk.
Good place to work loved every min of it and would recommend the place over any other main manger was bit of an bum other then that everyone was great I had to leave with my mental health
Pros
Making friends free hot drinks
Cons
Manger
A job for life, great people, great benefits, great salary.I would totally and highly recommend BP as an employer, I thoroughly enjoyed my time at BP.
Pros
Benefits\Culture\Salary
I have worked for BP from 1978 as a petrol pump attendant. To license operater, and then after a break shift manager.The company has lots of problems in it daily operations and needs top class people if that's you then have fun and a great life.I owe a lot to BP.
Pros
A future
Cons
Having to step up to the plate.
My role was very demanding but also rewarding. Strong customer service and Admin role. Good team. Busy role with a large amount of Administration and Customer service.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
I enjoyed working at BP. Money was very good and the time off was excellent. Had a really good standard of living. Was dangerous but financial incentives were great.
Pros
Well paid. Lots of holidays
Cons
Long hours. Shift work. Work Xmas and New year etc
I have worked for bp for many years and I can only say what a joy it is to work for a company that listen! Management team at bp has changed over the years and now its stable and one that cares about the whole team. Very fun place to work and I can only say that I have witnessed management deal promptly with issues that arise quickly to avoid any escalation and further issues within the team.
Pros
50% staff lunch
Cons
Open on Christmas day
Accurately processing, matching and posting of intercompany transactions. Deal with group of Intercompany vendor accounts ensure financial results are produced to deadlines.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
BP claim to pride themselves as a company that cares for its people, when actually their stores are full of toxic management who shun any outsider/new person and give next to no support to those who need it. They bullied staff members into believing that their approach to social distancing was adequate when it wasn't, and if anyone said that they didn't feel comfortable with working in a busy store with no room for social distancing they were dismissed immediately as a 'wimp'. If you have any form of depression or anxiety then don't feel like you can go to their managers or HR department as according to them depression isn't a disability and they will not even have a conversation with you to see how they can help, they will just say to you that the company spends lots of money on a free membership for the Calm app for you to use.
Pros
Free coffee on shift
Cons
Terrible work hours, bullying in stores, discriminatory approach to mental illnesses.
The job is stressful fast-paced constantly having to multitask can't get jobs to finish before starting another one not many team players if you're not a manager's favourite be prepared to get sworn at shouted at humiliated in front of staff and customers get stuck on tills for 7 and 1/2 hours unless your favourite then you get to do jobs no communication be prepared to work every weekend both days if you're not a favourite you can ask not to work a certain day but I'll make sure that you do not interested you have any health issues is supposed to serve customers do jobs cleaning the toilet make coffee and you get a nice thanks at the end of it if you got any sense I'm somewhere else to work
Pros
Can't think of any
Cons
Rude management need training in manners
I recommend working for company bp they pay Good money look after staff and has good package for staffs. I have worked over 7 years for bp and the only.reason I.left because I move to out
Pros
Time flies
Cons
nothing
Got a lot of superstar staff and their work goes unnoticed with their effort input and consideration other staff members. Managers occasionally undervalue staff opinion on a matters. And could be more open to all staff reviews on the topics rather than just at owe.
Pros
A family like.friendly environment. Routine on shift.
Cons
Communication.consideration. criticism with no construction
I worked as night shift for 3 years and 6 months (11pm to 7am) with some days mixed in. during the night shift you are with one other member of staff and are given a lot of autonomy with no managers being there at night. The hardest part of the job is in the morning sometimes (5 - 7am) when customers come in for a coffee even though there are like 5 - 7 people already waiting for there coffee to be made. while i'm making these the queue is leading out the store. But this was my first job and I think this was a great place to work.
Pros
Free car washes, if you work nights you get your pick of the food waste to eat for lunch.
Cons
Stupid customers.
Taken on as duty manager, promoted to deputy manager the day my 3 months training finished (they sacked the DM the same day). Store manager left after a few months and I was left to run a very busy store, and set up a new one (recruiting all staff and overseeing training), with little or no support....and on deputy managers salary. Days were long and hard, but enjoyable.
Pros
Colleagues, I had a brilliant team
Cons
Senior management, lack of support, poor pay for what was expected
Great place to work been Was employed with site for 15 years through tome tupe over to different contractors great learning opportunities , good squad to work fo and along side -
Pros
Learning
Cons
Contract ending
good work experience in bp example handling cash and you learn many thing in bp or any other petrol station and especially customer service to talk freindly with peoples great experience and joyful job.
Pros
nil
Cons
good hours as part time
  1. Employee reviews