bp

• Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager

On your feet all day

one min your on the tills, next stocking the shop, then serving coffee and food...on your feet all day is all i say, hardly a chance to breath, and god help if other colleague's dont pull their weight

Nice enough place to work

Worked in a bp/m&s garage for four years. Excellent training and good team atmosphere in both stores I worked in. Pay is alright but could be better.

Great Workplace

Great team members, diverse work role, fun to make coffees and the support for beginning was great. BP really looked after their employees. Good training online and gave a lot of experience. Great work atmosphere and people were fun.

Pros

Discount lunch, free coffee

Cons

Could be stressful at peak hours

Working at bp for my first job was great. You get till experience, barista experience and shop floor experience.

Working at bp was great, you get to know the regulars and the staff there are amazing plus free hot drinks on shift was a big bonus. They offer great pay and many other great benefits! I would highly recommend working here.

Pros

Free hot drinks, 50% off items for lunch (Max Spend of £6), 25% Shopping on M&S items in bp branch, Full sick pay, Paid annual leave, Job security

Cons

Not many opportunities to do small amount of overtime hours.

Good

Satisfying with good opportunity for progression fast paced so need to be focused. Good team and organised management. Very health and safety focused making sure everyone is safe.

Nights

Not too bad a good filler job. Nothing too difficult nights can be stressful but if you listen in training you should know the right thing to do when no manager is about.

No staff. Low pay so doesn't attract

Good company to work for. It can be challenging at time when there is no staff but over all it's a good company. Need them to invest in a better pay for staff in order to be competitive

Really bad management

The advert always says ‘flexible shifts’. It’s not. It just means there are shifts between 5:30am - 10pm and you will need to be available for all of them 7 days a week. YOU must be flexible. No one ever happy bout their shifts. Almost feels deliberate by managers. No support if you have personal or work problems. If you’re off sick you get threatened with discipline action if you’re off again. Staff are nice but lots of botching behind peoples backs. 2 faced. No progression at all. Managers favourites get extra shifts and the shifts they want. Pay is ok for retail - real living wage. 50% off your lunch up to £6 - which at M&S doesn’t buy a lot. If you have other options, don’t go here.

Good place

Had an overall excellent time with Bp. if you are willing to put the work in then there are plenty of opportunities for progression. Overall had a great time with a great group of individuals and Supervisors and management supportive.

Pros

Free coffee, 50% lunch

Decent place to work

If you want a part time job it’s decent but if you are wanting to work full time I wouldn’t recommend. Good student job to keep you going throughout your studies but wouldnt stay longer than that

Pros

Okay discount

Cons

Shift work

One of the worst jobs in retail

I had the misfortune of working here and I hated every minute of it. Management are incompetent and not capable of running a shop. Have clear favourites, leave whenever they want during the day so you are left essentially by yourself running the store, give you rubbish shifts if you’re not ‘in’ with them and treat you like dirt.In the age of mental health, it is horrible that this company hires people who mock others and are in a position of management. If you value your sanity, doNot work at any BP garage.

Productive and fun place to work in. Very big on safety

When I worked there as a customer service advisor I had a manager looking after me before I started my night shift and one in the morning before I left.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Always wanted me to swoop shift

Inconsistent

This probably depends on the type of manager you get but in the 1 year and 8 months I've been at BP we've gone through 4-5 different managers.Each manager comes in and focuses on what I believe to be the wrong areas, I work nights and whilst people think we sit around at night this couldn't be further from the truth. We refill the shop with stock, clean the store and bake ready for the following days trade.The pay isn't amazing but you do get slightly enhanced pay for working nights. The benefits aren't bad but also not great.Managers need to focus on more important issues, staff lateness... including managers! When I've just completed a night shift I'd like to leave on time or if I have to stay I'd like to be paid without having to chase it up.Overall it's not a bad job, it's retail. Serving customers and ensuring the store is stocked are your main priorities. If you aren't a people person then this isn't really the job for you. We get some great regulars that make it all worth while.

Pros

Staff discount

Cons

Poor management

Fun work place can be stressful

It was a nice place to work, you need to be a team player and need to be able to be fast on your feet. Your get to meet regular people who pass through on a daily basis and the team are all friendly. It's shift work so you need to be flexible and be able to work weekends to.

Nice staff but lousy hours

Promised weekends off after 6 months. Then it was changed to everyone must work weekends (unless favoured by management it seems). Turns out I got the job because person before me left after being promised weekends off for over a year that never happened. Staff is as good. High turn over of mangers. Equally high turnover of staff. Covid forced me to leave

Pros

Money off food for lunch.

Cons

High manager turn over. Always promise free weekends but never happens

Boring and no progression

Working here I found myself taken advantage of being put in for 6 days straight.My rota was horrible ranging from 5 late afternoons to one night to one mid in one week.Always got sent to other stores without being asked got put in for nights without being asked.Favouritism is huge in this place if your not pally with the manger you won't get noticed.Your not paid enough to do other people's job for them.Sleeping pattern and Favouritism made me ill from this place also no social life .

So busy all the time but great place to work with alot of range.i always made sure I was doing the best job but would be taken away to serve on tills. Constant training on health and safety

Pros

Paid break

Cons

Company doesn't care about the people

The company is a joke. They don't care about the person as long as they're getting the most out of them. Quite often I had to work 16 hour shifts just to ensure the shift was covered all because I was a manager.They have no decent screening process of hires so you could end up having a line manager that is a thief or worse. At the end of my time there I left during the redundancy process, I got no thank you from anyone high up and instead my area manager tried to get me to work longer

Cons

They will throw you under the bus if you don't suck upto management

BP used to be a good employer but now they are just a corporate machine with no respect for staff. It is a shame they no longer are the company I originally joined.

Pros

Educated colleagues to work with

Cons

Management don't really care about staff

Bad management, no respect for staff had their favourites, no follow up if serious complaints Bp although good, pay and training good, shame the stores did not practice what the company wants!

Poor Management

Store manager was awful. So many staff were putting in formal complaints and grievances and HR didn't care. No work-life balance and a complete and utter disregard for what was agreed upon at interview stage. Will promise anything to get you in the door.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at bp. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement