bp

bp Employee Reviews for Duty Manager

BP is one of the places where people are recognised for their hard work and encouraged to advance in career. Diversity is the key element in building a strong and distict team which shows high involvement and capacity to work with different types of customers under all circumstances.
BP claim to pride themselves as a company that cares for its people, when actually their stores are full of toxic management who shun any outsider/new person and give next to no support to those who need it. They bullied staff members into believing that their approach to social distancing was adequate when it wasn't, and if anyone said that they didn't feel comfortable with working in a busy store with no room for social distancing they were dismissed immediately as a 'wimp'. If you have any form of depression or anxiety then don't feel like you can go to their managers or HR department as according to them depression isn't a disability and they will not even have a conversation with you to see how they can help, they will just say to you that the company spends lots of money on a free membership for the Calm app for you to use.
Pros
Free coffee on shift
Cons
Terrible work hours, bullying in stores, discriminatory approach to mental illnesses.
my store manager had me dismissed because I stuck up for a csa she was abusing and then managed me out the business setting rules and then sacking me.
Great working environment friendly staff if you have the right management always fair and 50% off on lunch and free hot drinks while on shift .
Every experience is different but my experience was quiet good , I met new people, and made new social friends. we at BP treat each other as family and as one team. BP has helped me move up the ranks from a normal CSA at age 19 to and duty manager and potentially onto Deputy store manager just in my 20's . The environment that BP provides for its team member to up skill them selves is a massive bonus.
Lots of politics poor organisation no structure Full of double standards Very much a face fits type of culture. They exploit you and provided you don’t say anything about what not working or not going as it should then your ok, otherwise you are in for it
I am not going to say much but BP is one of the best company I have ever seen. Management are very good. It is a fun and easy place to work but safety is MUST one to have. Not ever days are same. Most of the time are FUN but there are some days I was not happy because I couldn't finish my tasks and made a mistake. Wish I could work more but had to leave due to my medical problem. But I am willing to reply soon as I recover.
Pour pay for management and CSA ,As a manager u have to manage everything from ,tills ,money,fuel,delivery,stock ,imposible to grow up in the company only if you are Asian or good looking female,All of them thy know each other and they promote their friends or relatives If you are desperate for a job yes is ok but for the future NO RUN Away
Pros
U have a job
Cons
Pour
You can advance your career by going on management programs the managers try there best to accommodate your life style needs given the store is demanding as it’s always very busy you know what is expected of you and as long as all jobs are finished everything will be fine
Pros
Half price lunches 15% discount
Cons
Busy stores
I performed as an acting deputy manager for almost 7 years and I am subsequently well-equipped at dealing with high-pressure situations and high foot traffic, all the while delivering the best service. As well as carrying out normal expected retail duties I spent the years using my managerial skills to improve the business by monitoring cash conversion reports and KPI files to deliver profit to the business. I was responsible to study and find areas of improvement on our KPI's each month and continue to deliver great results. I attended multiple meetings and training courses on a regular basis, sometimes having to travel a very long distance to attend. I am always willing to learn and improve my knowledge and I give 100% to any challenge or opportunity that approaches me. I was also in charge of our stores TimeTeq payroll system. I ensured employee’s wages were correct by daily monitoring clock in's, sickness and absence accordingly. I contributed to recruiting a large amount of staff during my time as a manager, interviewing and completing the recruitment admin process with HR regularly. I have a good understanding towards HR and this is something I would like to develop one day.
Great opportunity to progress to any position in the company. The people that you work with can not only be called your team, but good friends because of the positive atmosphere that you can have at BP.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Company is secure for not having to worry about redundancy but advance ment is hard and benefits poor. If you want to gain basic management it is not a bad company but hours are very unsociable and site managers ca treat lower managers badly with hours.
Pros
Free hot drinks car washes and discounted food.
Cons
unsociable hours
Great place to work, slow on training courses needed to complete probation. Management differs from store to store but generally treat their staff well. Most seemed happy to be with bp.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
Lack of leadership
very nice and friendly staff to work with. and you can have morning shift(06am-14pm). afternoon shift(14pm-22pm), or a night shift(22pm-06am). opened 24/7.
Pros
50% lunch discount
Cons
40 hours a week
BP is a great place to work in terms of management, holiday allowances and flexible shift patterns but pay for a duty Manager is pretty bad. You’re expected to be able to do the same job as a store manager and store deputy manager but pay is only marginally more than being a CSA and if you take into account the extra hours duty’s do without being paid for because it’s a salary position, CSAs end up on more than you.
Pros
Good Management, great environment to work in, 50% off lunch
Cons
Pay
multi cultural work place. I have enjoyed most of my time in the work place: specially dealing with customers. I have learnt lots from this work place: Managing Staff Good customer service Labelling and other admin work ie: Entering supplier invoices, cash management, ordering and dealing with customer complaints
Every day is different in a busy and challenging environment. Company is quite a progressive forward thinking retailer. The fact every day is different makes it interesting. The hardest part is the shift work as chops and changes a lot.
Pros
50% Lunch allowance free car washes
Cons
Unsociable hours
Too much to do for less money with bad management in stores head office staff very helpful and good focus on staff Too much abuse from customers which you need to tolarate.
very busy and fast paced early morning deliveries, overseeing staff management, making sure all jobs are completed to a high standard. Office management placing orders and dealing with enquiries from the public and other Store Managers. making sure all aspects of HSSE are adhered to, cash handling, banking, fuel and cash management.
Pros
50% off lunches and 15% take home discounts. Customers and staff
Cons
Unsociable hours, sometimes long hours, A company that does not appreciate the effort provided by staff.
Good job for single people who don't mind losing that important work to life ratio.Management not good, constantly shifting boundaries.Hours very long constantly working longer than supposed too for no extras or thanks.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Very long hours and terrible shift patterns.
It was overall Great Experience working with BP. BP is Amazing place to work! Management is employee centric, Good Salary benefits and work like balance.