Babcock International

Babcock International Employee Reviews

It was a good time in my career.Great environment and colleagues. Now mainly in Defence and Naval bases, security and a detailed background check will be required.
Pros
All good
Cons
Some travelling at times
Colleagues are great fun majority of the time lots of individual groups but all in all glad to see the back of it made out you’ll never become anything glad I’ve moved on and proved them wrong
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor training
Engaged in exciting and challenging projects, great opportunity to work within multi disciplinary teams,whilst learning and reflecting as an individual. If you are willing to do the work,there are ample learning and development opportunities in house, training courses and IT modules. HR are forward thinking re flexible working and parental responsibilities when you need to deal with personal issues at short notice. Lots of support and laughs from colleagues, it all helps, who needs stress in the workplace!!
Pros
As above, good pay and T&C .
Cons
Working overtime is generally expected, so be organised!
8 February 2021
Thanks for your review. Your feedback is extremely valuable to us to provide the best experience possible for our employees.
My particular role once I'd cleared a back log has totally dried up and I purely go to work to clock in and out. The management don't care.During all the 2020/21 Covid lock downs Babcock have made me drive 80 miles south UK from home to sit and do nothing then return home, totally unnecessary travel and risk during difficult times. Putting myself and many others including family members at unnecessary possible risk.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
No work.
19 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We’re sorry you feel this way. Your role is important to us at Babcock and we highly value what you think. We’re keen to better understand your experience so we can learn from it, so if you would like to tell us more, please email us in confidence at careers@babcockinternational.com. We can then follow up with a personal call if you would like to talk with us in person.
To be honest all job experiences are unique to us all. Whatever job you have. It's what make from your work and what you want to get out of it. For me my experience with Babcock is fine.
19 January 2021
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback.
I would say it was a job where you had responsibility and some training, but people helped you out if you were stuck. The job was on a 24/7 365 rota, so no 2 days were the same, small team to work with so everyone got on.
Pros
Staff car park and regular pay.
Cons
Training was a bit vague.
23 November 2020
My experience working In the Ruislip Depot have been a nightmare. Poor management, no organisation and no structural training, I was victimised, bullied and most of the time ignored when working there. My contract needed on the 4th September 2020 and was underpaid £1000. I’m still waiting for a reply from Payroll. I would strongly suggest DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY!! Management don’t care about the staff and new starters don’t have a chance working there.
Cons
Long Hours
All round good company,, the usual good and bad gaffers who are mostly young and inexperienced. The work force it’s self vary from vastly knowledgable individuals to young lads just out their time
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
Remote sites
23 November 2020
Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.
I have a mental health illness and the company has no understanding of mental health. No duty of care. No compassion or empathy. No proper training. After 18 months I still do not fully know how to do the job
23 November 2020
Dreadful clueless managementTotally unachievable KPI'sNo work life balanceUnappreciatedIncredibly poor salary for the hours expectationExtremely high staff turnover - speaks volumes!
Pros
Leaving this shambolic company
Cons
Nothing at sll
23 November 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We’d like to assure you that our team are listening and take all reviews very seriously. We’re sorry you’re no longer at Babcock, but we wish you every success in your future career.
Excellent co workers, management leaves a lot to be desired, often secretive and non responsive to the workforce, totally unaware of team moral, to the point of causing a lot of stress in the workplace, a frustrating lack of training investment in 2nd line team
23 November 2020
Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your feedback.
The incompetence from management was incompatible. I worked in an engineering workshop and the staff they had running it from London didn’t have a clue. Money is poor, on call system poor. Better off at Asda
Pros
Nil
Cons
Too many to list
Management is not the best and workplace culture could be a lot better than it was in March 2019. Hardest part of the job was doing the Cascade Brief every week as to me management should be undertaking this task. Most enjoyable part of my job was speaking to people at Babcock and finding out what a lot of people really think of Babcock is not good. I have learned a lot in my short time but it isn’t easy when you are being pushed to the limits all the time and with no back up or support. A typical day at work would be doing inductions for new starters, attending a kickstart meeting once a week and taking notes. Sorting out the template for the Cascade Brief. Speaking to people on the phone regarding buffets or hotel, train and car bookings. Vision Express vouchers and Optima health.
Pros
Flexi time
23 November 2020
A great place to work with plenty of opportunities to grow professionally. I was sorry to leave, but as I was leaving the country. I was unable to stay in employment (and keep the SC clearance)
Pros
Great teams and loads of professional growth
Cons
Bird p**p all over the car
23 November 2020
Nice professional workplace, colleagues, very welcoming. Very professional company.Organised.Interesting firm to work for.Would of stayed had it not been a temporary position, I did ask if it was possible but they were in the middle of a move to a new Location.If ever needed please do not hesitate to give me a call for a Receptionist role.
Pros
Good atmosphere
Cons
None noted or seen.
23 November 2020
Bound by the military logistics red tape. Everyone feels like there is a threat of redundancy, despite managers salary rises. Putting efforts into saving £13 taking 3 months to choose that saving. Consistently analysing the absolute cheapest spend so bonuses can be paid to site managers for that saving. Worst company I’ve had the experience working for. An awful lot of self back patting and grooming their egos. Actually the shop floor is depressed. No mental health awareness, HSE lip service. Cobham was way better.
Pros
Shift work
Cons
Not job secure
Babcock is a large company that implements great projects, I was proud to work there, although I was an employee hired from an employment agency, as in the case of BT
Managers often treat you like a child, manipulate and intimidate you into thinking underpaying you is fair. Your company benefits get cut through means completely out of your control. There are many great people who work there, but the managers make working there a place to avoid.
Pros
Nice colleagues
If you like doing fire extinguishers for 70% of your work go for it, 2 employees left within a matter of months from the team. Hopeful tell you a lot.
Pros
Cons
Managment
stressful at times, some projects poorly managed but overall not a bad place to work with a good pension and benefits scheme and full sick pay for 6 months.
Pros
good salary
I only left here to go for a different challenge. If I had the opportunity to go back I would. Its a layed back company with good people to work with and for