Babylon Health

Babylon Health Employee Reviews

Great culture, fast paced environment a little hectic at times but overall a good place to work and plenty opportunities for growth. Down side is that there no real sense of stability there are far too many changes, people coming and going, new people going the team and leaving just as suddenly.
Let’s see…I’ve been with Babylon Health for a little more than a year. The people I work with have been warm and welcoming. The work is straightforward for the most part. Gives me something to look forward to every day.
I have been supported in my role with the company since Day 1! Training was excellent. They put a lot of time and effort into training new hires, and they don’t stop there. Management continues to provide excellent support to every member of staff and is never condescending or belittling when you have a question you need answered. All around, great environment that’s easy to work in.
Never doubted for a second that staff aren’t the number one priority of this company. The teams are innovative, talented and highly creative. Management has always given us the room to do our jobs without too much overhead to deal with. They are the real MVPs of this company.
If you are a passionate Clinical Pharmacist this is not the place for you. Stick to a traditional general practice if you care for patients. The Pharmacy leadership team do not like you raising concerns about the organisation, even though you are suggesting ideas for improvements. They really do not want to listen to any of it and make that absolutely clear. I love my job but I hated working for them and I am relieved to be leaving this place. They are looking for people that they like, similar to a club, with little regard to those that are actually better clinically experienced to help actual patients.
Pros
work from home
Cons
leadership team.
Tech dept in constant disarray, senior management inexperienced and authoritarian in approach. Architecture poor, attempts to move to a better place fraught with failed attempts, product direction changes often.Clinical dept is excellent.
Babylon has been going for about 6 years. What keeps people at the company are the great people they hire and the mission. Thats about it. Structure and simple processes of a company of that size still don't exist. It clings to the mindset of the startup when it needs to accept that its much bigger than that now. Work is incredibly varied and intensity. Though you are usually busy you will go through periods of high intensity and periods where nothing is happening.
We were expected to do jobs outside of the job description which we had no training to do and these are patient documents which are to go on their medical records! We were constantly abused by patients as we worked not only for babylon but also another clinic(this was not mentioned either in the interview) to the point that a few of us have been brought to tears and when raised with management they just ignored us. A bullying culture within the company and a lot of fauvoritism.
A company which cares about its people. There are many perks to working here, friendly people and you learn something new everyday. The most important thing is they respect you and give you opportunity.
Just awful. Everything about the place is a lie. Looks pretty from the outside but once you get in you realise that everything from culture to training and progression is completely untrue. they only care about making money and put patients at risk. you have to be best friends with an officer in order to get anywhere in the business otherwise you're just left on a junk heap like trash. avoid!
Everyone uses their laptops during meetings so no one is fully present Quick expansion but lack of resource and staff in place to meet demand Chaotic Only nice office floor is the ground level where developers are based Blame, lack of team oriented culture Majority of staff are contractors, temps Poor management
Pros
Free breakfast
Cons
Culture; management
Babylon allows you to think outside the box and values their employees. The teams are very divers and unique in their way and their approach to making things work is second to none. Flexibility is a must, and the culture leaves you satisfied. No day is the same at babylon. You are allowed to be you who you are while having fun at work
Pros
Yoga, work from home, work in a pod, quiet room, breakfast, team outings