Baker Hughes Incorporated

Baker Hughes Incorporated Employee Reviews

Excellent place but sadly for me the role wasn't right for me. Great team to work with and even better management. Really nice place. Only downside would be too many processes that make a simple task take way too long, could be improved.
Pros
Very good company with excellent benefits
Cons
Too many boring processes that could be improved
Very good company and colleagues are very keen and helpful in all aspects of the roles could be work in warehouse or could be down at docs uploaded fluids there are shifts patterns with the job
Pros
free pizzas
Cons
overtime avaliable
Very well balanced working schedule and great teamwork getting projects completed. It was a pleasure working at Baker Hughes and would work with them again in the future.
Benefits
Cons
Work load
Good company as a start of a career, not so much for experienced engineers. Depending in which department you lend, you will either learn something useful, or it will be completely waste of time working there.
Pros
flexible starting time
Cons
niche product, few or none transferable skills
Initially the job was great and well supported, But, with the ravages of the last recession most of the experience was made redundant including our supervisor and line manager. No support from management after this. From 2017 - 2020 we had 3 supervisors placed to support us and they had all left for obvious reasons. No training other than what we learned ourselves on the job or by asking for the several years I was there. I enjoyed my job despite all the negatives and I developed very good relationships with account managers on site and customers. If I was asked to do a job, it was done. No, second time of asking. The role involved working in the office and in the yard with equal amounts of time and this suited me.
Pros
Excellent benefits, good salary and some great social events
Cons
Stressful, workload excessive, no support from management
Having worked for 19 years there things were good to start with progressing onto different machines learning different thingS and getting small wage rises every other year , but things changed when certain people in management took over. MT KT MB GH then it turned to ship Please avoid working for this company at all costs, better flipping burgers than working for this crowd.
Pros
Cons
Stressful deadlines
I’m glad I’m out to be honest very stressful place to work where backstabbing amongst colleagues is tacitly encouraged with no guidance or encouragement from management above me
Pros
Cons
Stress and never received guidance or praise
Mixed emotions - Senior leaders very detached from day to day operations, seemed as if they were looking to prove effectiveness to shareholders rather than focus internally
Customer focused business with technology led solutions to the market. Well balanced team with vast experience across all functions. target driven business with clear strategy.
benefits
Cons
training programme
Opportunities to develop and grow are available. Good work culture and great people to work with in my 24 years at the company. Good work / life balance.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Baker Hughes Incorporated?
Baker Hughes are a complex multinational company that recently have become independent from GE their previous partner. As such the processes, management and presentation have recently been updated and changed with a much needed improvement. I have learned many process delivery improvements delivering a recent major design, fabrication and delivery project.
I enjoyed my time in Baker Hughes. I moved position many times and always had good support during the transition. I loved working with the teams and management. There is a great workplace culture and opportunities to improve your skill set.
Baker Hughes is a good company to work for from a flexible working/supportive point of view. When I had issues and needed to take time off or wanted to work from home they were always flexible. The team are good and there is a very supportive culture around the office. The negatives are that career progression is not supported very well, you are encoraged to apply for other roles and move around and they do hire internally, however there is little in the way of development for the next role and I ended up getting a bit stuck in a role I didn't enjoy
I started with the company with practically little experience in programming, during my time at the company I learned self inspection techniques, scheduling, mazatrol programming and I became very good at choosing the correct tooling for the job in question and the sequence of which the job had to be machined. I'd like to finish by saying, if it wasn't for a certain manager I would still be working for the company today.
Baker Hughes is a good company to work for it, they help you to progress in a career. For example Baker Hughes will put you through and pay for career courses such as forklift.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
N/a
Very good company to work for. Good management but the sallary could be better especially when you are working in Montrose. I hope that will be better on the future.
I have noticed that companies with Multi-Cultured background have good ways on treating their staff. I was there for 2 years and had a great time working for the company.
The management team at Zenith are not strong enough to drive the business and wont make decisions. We need new people on board so we can integrate and change the culture.
competitive work environment, good work life balance, pay level is poor compared to the market, US move required for a fast career track record, thank you
Working in Holland for Baker Hughes was a great experience with excellent working relations in work place. Office staff were all friendly and comunicated well. Working as a Lead Resource Management Specialist was a great.
Not very good and no life. People are idiots. Very competitive . Not the best money. No advancement. Pay not the best. Clicky place to be in to make friends