Baker Hughes Incorporated

United Kingdom207 reviews

Found 207 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,609 reviews

Insights into Baker Hughes Incorporated

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energising work tasks

Okay

Few spacecadet managers. Was good when I first started but the oil downturn led to a mergerof work sites for two different product lines which was a disaster.

Busy yet relaxed - A bit too relaxed

Overall a good place to work. Everyone does their best to help one another but a lot of areas require improvement. Even when ideas/solutions to issues are put forward, don't hold your breath on any change to come swiftly.

Offshore wages haven't gone up in years.

Worked here on and off in total for 15 years. They are quick to make redundancies in oilfield down turns. The offshore wages haven't gone up since 2008. Since then then they have had the excuse of global financial downturn 2008-2010 oil field down turn 2014-16 and COVID. The offshore rates were actually cut in 2017 but never put back up to same level as previously even though inflation is running nearly double digit. This is a place to work if your an old oilfield hand and have no other choice as your far on in your career. Not recommended for younger people who would find better prospects outside the oil industry. Pension is pants too.

Pros

Time off in-between offshore trips

Cons

Bad work life balance, on call all the time at home. You can never relax.

Best company I've worked for.

Worked a Lab Technician on downhole logging tools. Progressed to a Field Technician/Engineer working globally. Great bunch of guys to work with, if it wasn't for my ambitious career aspirations I would've still been there. But hey ho, that's life.

Good place to start, but you need to grow away

It' s a good place to work for at the beginning, the managers are very serious and respectful.it is very good if you want to move into project management but if like me you are as developer you might have some problem.

Pros

Strong job culter, great benefits

Cons

low salary, low understanding of IT systems

demanding, but rewarding

those willing to put the work in can expect good treatment with improving career prospects -- approachable management structure means few them/us barriers

I was very happy to work in that company I hope if I got chance again I love to work there again Its good company I like go back because money is good job is good people is very helpful

Pros

No free lunch

Cons

Overtime available

Baker Montrose Brent

Best place I have ever worked. Could not have asked for a better employer tbh worked there for 3 years but I had to leave of my own accord unfortunately have to move away from Montrose. Missing all my work mates and miss the job 100%

Pros

4 days on 4 off was perfect for myself

Cons

Don’t have a bad word to say about baker

Poorly ran work shop, employees not for change and new ideas are not welcomed

Firstly, I’m at a loss as to how they make money at that plant, the way they operate day to day and also manage their workforce to maximise it?!?!? Only one lead hand, who doesn’t work on the tools(first time iv experienced that in 17yrs), they have a back shift but with NO supervision - not a very productive shop after 6pm….No tool box in the am to include the days work, HSE points and a chance for ANYONE to speak openly without feeling challenged or put down by others. No shift hand over from days to backs - again, first time for me!No one really taking charge of day to day ops and making sure EVERYONE has work covered and should they require more, see the lead hand and start again. They are making it far harder than it needs to be, the general atmosphere/mood/spirit/drive is very low and it isn’t a quick fix BUT, there are several things that could be done to make it easier for everyone. Things will fall into place and the workforce would buy into it and maybe start to come up with their own plans/ideas but there has to be a release a funds to implement some changes or it will sadly never change!

Pros

Couple of guys were decent but clock out time was the biggest pro

Cons

Poor attitudes on shop floor, severe lack of man management, very tight knit work force, some guys who don’t want change, severe lack of organisation, severe lack of tooling

Avoid

This company treats contractors like lower class, denying them the rights to training and therefore a better chance of success within the company. Laying people off during the pandemic while they were sick with Covid 19. The poor management will watch you like a hawk and time you for you toilet break.

Cons

Poor management

great place to work

worked there for 23 years would go back if asked,good team atmosphere safe culture. chances to work overseas.Good chance of progressing if you stick in and enjoy the work

Great company, wrong role

Excellent place but sadly for me the role wasn't right for me. Great team to work with and even better management. Really nice place. Only downside would be too many processes that make a simple task take way too long, could be improved.

Pros

Very good company with excellent benefits

Cons

Too many boring processes that could be improved

very productive places with different aspect

Very good company and colleagues are very keen and helpful in all aspects of the roles could be work in warehouse or could be down at docs uploaded fluids there are shifts patterns with the job

Pros

free pizzas

Cons

overtime avaliable

Excellent company

Very well balanced working schedule and great teamwork getting projects completed. It was a pleasure working at Baker Hughes and would work with them again in the future.

Benefits

Cons

Work load

good stepping stone for young engineers

Good company as a start of a career, not so much for experienced engineers. Depending in which department you lend, you will either learn something useful, or it will be completely waste of time working there.

Pros

flexible starting time

Cons

niche product, few or none transferable skills

Interesting, enjoyable, busy.

Initially the job was great and well supported, But, with the ravages of the last recession most of the experience was made redundant including our supervisor and line manager. No support from management after this. From 2017 - 2020 we had 3 supervisors placed to support us and they had all left for obvious reasons. No training other than what we learned ourselves on the job or by asking for the several years I was there. I enjoyed my job despite all the negatives and I developed very good relationships with account managers on site and customers. If I was asked to do a job, it was done. No, second time of asking. The role involved working in the office and in the yard with equal amounts of time and this suited me.

Pros

Excellent benefits, good salary and some great social events

Cons

Stressful, workload excessive, no support from management

Stressful

Having worked for 19 years there things were good to start with progressing onto different machines learning different thingS and getting small wage rises every other year , but things changed when certain people in management took over. MT KT MB GH then it turned to ship Please avoid working for this company at all costs, better flipping burgers than working for this crowd.

Pros

Cons

Stressful deadlines

Hard and difficult place to work

I’m glad I’m out to be honest very stressful place to work where backstabbing amongst colleagues is tacitly encouraged with no guidance or encouragement from management above me

Pros

Cons

Stress and never received guidance or praise

Siloed business

Mixed emotions - Senior leaders very detached from day to day operations, seemed as if they were looking to prove effectiveness to shareholders rather than focus internally

Challenging and fun

Customer focused business with technology led solutions to the market. Well balanced team with vast experience across all functions. target driven business with clear strategy.

benefits

Cons

training programme

Opportunities to grow

Opportunities to develop and grow are available. Good work culture and great people to work with in my 24 years at the company. Good work / life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Baker Hughes Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Baker Hughes Incorporated with

• Baker Hughes Incorporated
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?