Bakkavor

Bakkavor Employee Reviews

United Kingdom668 reviews

Productive and friendly

Featured review

Bakkavor selected this as a representative review
Work at Bakkavor Spalding was my pleasure,I learned a lot with the management, very supportive, helpful and friendly, I just left Bakkavor to fallow my husband work abroad.I do miss work at Bakkavor

Pros

Good paying

24 August 2021
Hi, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review about working at our Spalding site. We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time at Bakkavor and appreciate your feedback.

Work is varied. A lot of different equipment to work on. Don’t always get the time to do the correct fix and can be a fair amount of fire fighting. If engineers have ideas around improvements and projects there’s a lot of encouragement and backing from management to see it through

Pros

4 on 4 off shifts

Cons

4 on 4 off shifts

Fast paced, good social environment.

Can't complain. I personally enjoy the work and the people I work with and the company have treated me far better than past employers. The pay is reasonable as well. I have seen a few people move up the chain so I imagine there is always chance for progression or change. It is fast paced which can be overwhelming if you've never worked in a factory environment before (which I hadn't), but once you settle in the and get to know people it can be enjoyable.

Pros

Time and a half overtime, decent holiday package.

Cons

No glaringly obvious ones really.

Dismal place to work, pulling your own nails from your fingers would be a more enjoyable experience

Absolute abismal place to work. Management only care about production with no care for the employees. Agency workers are treated even worse being screamed at by team leaders who seem to think they are entitled to talk to another human being as if they were literally rubbish that's been thrown out into the street. Honestly not worth the hassle absolutely the worst company I've ever had the displeasure working for. There idea off health and safety is here sign this sheet and you're trained on equipment and expected to be responsible for it with no formal training, just done for the sake off covering the own behinds. In the time I worked there (2 years) the amount off long term employees (10+ years with company) didn't want to work there anymore and handed in there notice. Anyway I've said my peace the most horrid company I've ever worked for never would recommend to anyone would rather sell my body on the street than ever work for a dispicable company such as Bakkavor

Factory work

It is not a hard job packing salad products. Hours and shifts are ok.Biggest problem is poor culture and bad management. There are some really good managers but most are unapproachable, arrogant bullies. You don't want to work in deli 3!

Pros

Good work life balance Easy job overtime

Cons

Poor culture & Management

Good working culture and opportunities to progress.

Bakkavor Meals, Wigan is an amazing place to work and as long as you are willing to work hard the opportunities are endless and progression within the company is always available. The Bakkavor values aid in the creation of a good working environment and culture which starts from the top to the shop floor and every member of the team is approachable and each are passionate about what they do and go above and beyond to ensure the business continues to be successful.

Pros

Good work culture. Opportunities to progress. Good company benefits and discounts.

Cons

None.

Awful. Management are aloof, uninterested in staff and have a stinking attitude.

The most awful place I've ever worked at. How I stayed there for almost 6 years is beyond belief! You are treated no better than a Dog and talked down to all the time. Quality is low down on the list whilst product out the door is deeemed more important. Anyone thinking of getting a job there would be advised to seriously reconsider!

Pros

Clocking off shift

Cons

End of working week

12 January 2022
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.We're sorry to hear you have had a negative experience. We want working at Bakkavor to be a positive experience for everyone. We would really appreciate it if you were happy to share further details about your time at Bakkavor with us. Please email careers@bakkavor.com if you are happy to do so.

Fun place to work

Long hours but passing by quickly. For first job in uk its absolutely fine. Payrates are increasing every year in order for the company to stay competitive.

Pros

2 breaks. Fast paced good shifts

12 January 2022
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review. We really appreciate your feedback.

Ok

All good if you get on with people plenty off overtime if you want it if not that’s no problem some days they care about Helth and safety other days they don’t depends if they are busy or not

Pros

4 on 4 off

12 January 2022
Hi there. Thank you for leaving us a review about your experience working for Bakkavor. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Can be very busy

Met some good people very friendly Got on with a lot of European people, grade 3 and grade 4 n charge need to learn how to speak to people don't like how they treat agency workers they are human.

Pros

Day shift

Cons

Silly break times

12 January 2022
Hi there, thank you for your honest review. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Friendly people and easy work.

Met alot of nice people and good management and good pay not great. Great place to work as long as you are ok at finishing at 3am. Take it easy and always ask someone if you are not sure when doing anything because a small mistake could have huge impact on the rest of the day production especially in batching area. Overall nice place good canteen to eat when on break, unfortunately no late night cafateria but there are vending machine that provide free coffee/tea.

4 January 2022
Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave an honest review. We appreciate the feedback.

It is ok to work there

The work shift hours are to short due I only get 9.41 per and my hours are 8.30am till 2.30pm I need at minimum of 8 hours per day 5 days a week I have for more hours and they said no as the hours I have got is the only hours they have left

Pros

You only get one break

Cons

Hours to short

4 January 2022
Hi, thank you very much for taking the time to leave an honest review. We're sorry to hear we have not offered you the hours you would like. If you want to share further details so we can look into this for you, we would be happy to help. Please email careers@bakkavor.com.

Factory Operative - Boston

The whole procedure from interview, induction & starting the job was smooth & straightforward.Working on the line is fast paced but management, team leaders & fellow line operatives are all friendly & helpful.Company very flexible in that I was able to pick my own shifts & hours to suit my lifestyle.Good package of benefits.Cannot fault this company & would recommend anybody to join.

Pros

Good rate of pay, free parking, excellent benefits

4 January 2022
Hi there. Thank you for leaving us a review about your experience working for Bakkavor. We're delighted to see that you recommend us as a great place to work! Your feedback is really appreciated.

Love working at Bakkavor, very fast paced and a challenge at times but definitely worth it. The pay is good, management is good and it has great benefits.

Pros

Staff shop, flexible shifts

30 November 2021
Hi, thank you very much for leaving us a review about your experience working for Bakkavor. We're delighted to hear that you enjoy working at our Bo'ness site and appreciate your feedback.

Very stressful place

Worked in bu1 and yard.. yard mangerment don't know what they are doing, no control of staff (always leaving due to mangerment) no respect, no help or proper training

Pros

Paid every week

Cons

Long hours, mangerment, dirty

30 November 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave us an honest review. We're sorry to hear about your poor experience and would like to find out more, so we can make your time at Bakkavor more positive. If you are happy to share further details to help us improve, we would really appreciate it. Would you please email careers@bakkavor.com? Thank you again for your feedback.

really bad workplace

managers don't care about you they never help, if you have idea to improve job they don't listening and if you want make changes they just tried to find reason to dismised you because you learn too quick and you are treat to them... i am not recommend this factory in sutton bridge

9 November 2021
Thank you so much for providing us with an honest review. We are really sorry to hear you had a negative experience, but we appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve. If you can share further details, it would be really helpful. Please email careers@bakkavor.com. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Worst warehouse job ever

Started off ok on 12 hour shifts of 4 on ,4 off. Management helpful to begin with, but soon start complaining about you not reaching picking target of 3800 items per shift. This is in a chilled warehouse. I get the impression that the management would rather have foreign labour than English. Some of the Eastern Europeans here are really rude and insulting, but only in their own language. It feels like working in a foreign country.Wouldn't recommend it.

Pros

Free bacon sarnies

Cons

Long hours working in chilled environment

9 November 2021
Hi there, we're sorry to hear you had a bad experience at Bakkavor. We are committed to being a diverse, inclusive and supportive place to work for everyone. If you want to share details on your experience to help us make improvements, we would really appreciate it. Please email careers@bakkavor.com.

Decent place to work

It’s a decent place to work the staff were relatively kind and helpful, the work is very simple and the staff shop is very good. However there’s 2 points I wish to point out 1) the pay is ok…the tax code you get put on however eats away heavily on the wages you actually receive.2)you will be put on a pay equalisation which means you’ll only receive the hours on your contract sometimes.

9 November 2021
Hi there, thank you for taking the time to leave an honest review. It's great to hear you got on well with your team, and we hope the following points help address your concerns. HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) generate employee tax codes. As with all new starters working for any employer across the UK, people can often temporarily be put on an emergency tax code when starting a new job if the employer doesn't receive a P45 or HMRC New Starter Checklist from them. Regarding our pay equalisation contracts, the majority of our Newark colleagues operate on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, so we balance the hours for them to receive a similar amount of income each week. Some weeks they will work four days, and other weeks, they will only work three days, depending on how the 4 on 4 off pattern falls. i.e. some weeks they will work more hours but get paid for less while other weeks they work fewer hours but get paid more. Please do get in touch if you would like us to expand further on either of these points: careers@bakkavor.com. Thanks again for leaving us a review. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Poor management

Worked for bakkavor for a few years, made some good friends for life. Job was mundane, if you was lucky enough to land a cushy job the manager would do everything to take you off it to put their favourite member of staff on it, no matter how good at it you are. There are horrible managers, ignorant managers, sly managers, you name it you have it. They don’t care about the staff, they just care about production running. There are only 2 decent managers there, the rest are shocking…. No communication what so ever across the board… be careful who you speak to in there because once you tell one person you think you can trust something personal the whole factory knows about it within minutes. Rumours are started if they see you talking and being friendly with someone, it is surreal!! You are pressured into doing overtime even if you have kids, if you can’t do it you’re threatened with your job or your grade, if you’re caught talking on line you’re shouted at, it literally is like being in school! line leaders are under too much pressure…would never return…… they mess your wages up and then ignore you when you ask them about it, even payroll doesn’t have a clue what day it is! Everyone is pushed to the limit and you never get any gratitude.

Pros

Job security, good facilities

Cons

Pretty much all of it

30 November 2021
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're sorry to hear about your experience at Bakkavor. If you are happy to share further details about your experience to help us make improvements, we would really appreciate it. Would you please email careers@bakkavor.com?

Stressful workplace

I'm did three of them. Pizza was worst then cucina sano and finally Spalding site, delli salads. Managers and section leaders not very friendly, if you not friend then you have a problems straight away. Advertisement for work positions are incorrect, when I applied for hygiene operative, I'm have to be doo absolutely different job. If you asking for training or promotion, they're do not pay attention to that, as I'm said need lick the ..... if you want to get something. Absolutely no work culture, if people don't know how to do work, line leaders just start shouting on them. This was my experience with Bakkavor.

Pros

Free coffee Christmas time.

25 October 2021
Thank you for providing us with an honest review. We are really sorry to hear you had a negative experience. We appreciate your feedback as it helps us address our issues and make improvements. If you can share further details, it would be helpful. Please email careers@bakkavor.com.

It is a good place to work for. They listen to what you say, you get rewarded for any good ideas and the SeF do really good things to make your working day better. Holidays are very good the amount you get. Great place to work in Boston.

Pros

Shift work 7 days or nights out of 14. Regular overtime

Cons

Long hours but time goes quickly

7 October 2021
Hi there. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about your experience working for Bakkavor. Your feedback is really appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bakkavor. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Bakkavor with

• Bakkavor
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?