Bakkavor

Bakkavor Employee Reviews

Featured review
Bakkavor selected this as a representative review
Very good atmosphere. Happy to help attitude 😊 lovely place.Good pay .This is for sure family company.Good training avaible if needed also flexibility
Honestly not much can be said about this company that's positive, If you want a job that you will be bored in and have little change to progress then you will enjoy it, I am a British born person and I often had to sit on lines in silence because I was only person that could understand English or at least was willing to speak it.Time off is good only if you have 12 hour shift pattern its 3on 2off, 2on 3off.so you basically get every other weekend off, When I started I was on the evening 8 hour shift and I had 1 weekend off in 5 I think its changed now. The money was okay but not great, workplace culture is about as you would expect from a company who is face based, if face fits you are good.
Pros
Time off on 12hour shifts, Weekly pay.
Cons
Long hours, bad management team, need a second language like polish or russain.
I was working in this industry as a production operator, the HR team was not confident what they do they are very good to point the mistakes of others, no social distancing neither the changing room is kept clean ( GMP) night supervisor of the blue shift is totally an u knowledgable person who rely on those leaders who not performing their duties in accordance to the company policy bad attitudes not speaking proper English, 100% of the workers use their native language CEO please take an initiative in this if u don’t in future u will loose ur very close it is in Devises my humble request change the entire management and some of the section leaders
There is next to no communication what so ever from any of the management and they make the immediate assumption that you know where everything is even on your first day.They assume you are aware of which colour ppe you are supposed to wear for which foods.They don't tell you which line you're going to be on until last minute, there is no on floor training involved what so ever then proceed to complain if something is done incorrectly and provide no small demonstration in order for us to correct and improve.The management themselves spend around 30 minutes and up trying to find out what they are actually doing for the day and then still don't tell their staff then ask why we're standing around doing nothing.The break times are ridiculous as leaving the factory floor and following all health procedures takes around 5 minutes leaving the factory floor and 5 minutes getting back onto the factory floor so you have to rush your meals.
Pros
Cannot think of a single experience that was a pro.
Cons
All cons are listed in the above summary.
. Avoid this place, but if you want to be treated like a dummy with no respect with double standard to people and other people this is the best place to start your depression.
Management is very bad and everyone will treat you like an object - throw you from one line to another, low care to high care. No basic respect to the workers. Stressful and tiring job.
Pros
Money and a lot of time off
Cons
Nearly everything
I did not like my time here 99% no English speaking the only ones that did give you the respect was the polish they were all good . The rest it came a cross that the English can not work there and came across that they don't like the English and we're rude and nasty I would not recommend working here at all if you are English I was told that you can't work here you are English I don't like you lot .
Not the best place to work. Lots of stress every day, people are expected to work more than they can. Ask every day to do some extra that no one is paying you to do. Management doesn't apricate your effort. On average I will say that job as self is not bad but poor management and lack of people make it very hard.
Line incharge are supportive If you know to work well. Literally nearly 2 occasions my eyes are with full of tears due to work nature and aggressive behaviour towards New Joiner agency staff. Morning Session Line incharge Asked my to bring the Pizza base Huge Trolley which I ever seen any female employee brought on the floor ever today and due to fear I was about to leave the workplace with full of tears. I will never recommend this workplace to anyone. Agency staff are treated very badly.
Pros
Free Staff Canteen.
Cons
No respect for Agency.
Avoid this place, but if you want to be treated like a dummy with no respect with double standard to people and other people this is the best place to start your depression. I’ve worked there for 3 years and now I know that was waste of time. There is better place than this factory please avoid !!!!
Pros
Bank holidays pay
Cons
Stress, double standards
It was my first job n igot lots of experience how to handle n the line then with my best performance I got promoted to as line service man then it went all good
The good points are that I did get the chance to get some qualifications in food production , which the company paid for. New starters do not stay for very long due to being unfairly treated. The management have a dignity at work policy, which they don't follow. It's not a good place to work so I will not recommended any body to work there
Pros
£20 / £40 gift cards depending on length of service
Cons
Poor management
Was not appreciated at all line leaders would sometimes shout at you many line leaders could hardly speak English so could not properly explain what they wanted all the managers were interested in was excellent targets.
Cons
I have worked with bakkavor for a few years now, and in that time, I have learned this company do not care about the people, the management are useless, they set targets to set, which you can't do because they don't supply the equipment or the ppe or the staff, they are so desperate for staff, they keep on the useless people so you have to work harder and still on same money.The pay is okay for team TC, Production op is poor, the 4 on 4 off is really good, half the staff are great people, just the management are the issue.Many people have left this site over the last year because the work is too hard or they can't handle management, so if you want to take the gamble, give it ago, Good luck
Its alright place to work at if you cant find a job anywhere else but only temporary. Sometimes You start work at 6am and work till 3.30pm and you only get one 30min brake.
Pros
Payed on time
Cons
Long hrs, minimum wages
Never working at this place I worked there twice and walked out there twice the staff are rude they put you on a machine and they dont give you any training on it then your in a sticky situation there all clueless I wouldn't recommend it the job to anyone
Pros
Okay money
Cons
Long hour and short breaks
no thank you . That place is to fast for this money.never recommend this place. Nobody trying to help you with your personal problems. after pandemia start, speed and orders go up but money stay same. not fair in this hard times.
they don't care about us, the last pay rise was a big joke almost 1 year to get and they give us nothing and still take the paid break you work 12hours they pay 10 and half. We are key workers on this difficult time but the bonus they give you is sometimes a free coffee lol the bonus only for MANAGERS. no opportunities to grow on our area. the best is only my colleugues.
Pros
team
Cons
pay rise, hourly paid
Overall it is a good company to work for.The shift I worked was nights,which was good.The managers were helpful.The information about the company rules and procedures are well taught with regular sessions.
Ever get the chance to work there I strongly advise to take up the opportunity. Management was good work load alot but do able. Made lots of friends too
Pros
Work life was good
Cons
Hard work
I’ve seen a lot of rough reports on here but my experience is different. In my first few days I found my job to hard for me. Heavy lifting and fast paced. I’m 60 and couldn’t keep up. I went to the management and told them expecting to be told I’m unsuitable then. But no I was placed in a much easier job for me to open with. My line supervisor is Lithuanian but a lovely man and helps out with us all and I’m in a good team of men. So I’m happy to work there. We are all different this is my experience of Bakkavor. I’ve just done my 12 week probation.
Pros
Close to home, 4on4 off, good team I work with, discounted shop, brand new built canteen, good HSE around Covid.
Cons
At times I feel the cold a lot.
  1. Employee reviews