Balhousie Care Group

Balhousie Care Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom110 reviews

residentlovelystaffcareseniorshiftsupportlong

Fast paced

Overall an okay company to work for, the day can be fast paced and challenging. Not a lot of job advancement opportunities. Good support from management.

Hard work, stressful most of the time

It is very hard work, always short staff and problems with management. Usually I am doing the job of two people except when I have normal hard working colleagues. Residents are usually nice and that is a good point, also very flexible so ideal for everyone as part time job.

Insights into Balhousie Care Group

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Forward thinking company

Joined company 2 months ago and and have never looked back . Everyone is so supportive of each other. Not one person more important than the next . All work together to achieve a common goal.. great opportunity for career advancement . Totally recommend working for this company

great place to work and fits around my family

i am loving my job withing Balhousie care. everyone i have met in head office were welcoming, my home is has a great team who are friendly and were welcoming. i have had great support and training from my manager and trainer. it works around my children and i feel they are very accommodating to my home commitments. the balance between family and work i feel is even since i started working here

Aver

Long hours, not good pay, breaks not long enough not possible to work shorter sift not flexible working hours Person with children is not able to get a job in this. Company

Cons

The most enjoyable part of the day

Excellent progression opportunitiesMaking a difference to our residents is at the heart of everything we do. Seeing our residents get the most out of life by our staff delivering person centred care is very rewarding.

Pros

Job satisfaction

Cons

Salary

Huge improvements, fun and active workplace, excellent team,

new manager And senior team. Improvements To building and staffing, fun environment and good working ethic. Close relationship with relatives and residents. Good family feel and community Involvement, would recommend giving north inch a chance.

Pros

good atmosphere and experienced staff

Cons

Long hours. Take own meals

Absolutely love it!

I have worked for the company for nearly 10 years now. The job itself is fast paced, enjoyable, and no two days are ever the same. Its the most rewarding job I have ever had and the company themselves have played a massive part in that alongside my colleagues and residents.

Great place to work, would recommend highly.

Great place to work, flexible so is good for work life balance. Management are very supportive. Training is always offered and if you would like to progress you are fully supported.

Created depression

The most disgusting place to work, get bullied by management and do not care a single bit about you nor the residents, I remember one of the kitchens was getting done up, so every resident was locked in the rooms for days and if you ever spoke up you’d get disciplinary. Constantly understaffed due to ppl leaving, you can pick up every extra shift going and you’d never ever even get a thank you. Trust my words ppl you’ll regret it

Long hours, Low pay, poor care standards

Low staffing to dangerous levels, high expectations, terrible pay. Hassled on your days off to come in. Often no break over 12 hours but only paid for 11. Managers never stay.The lovely residents deserve better for what they pay.

No Commitement

I worked here for 18 months. Got promised that I would be put into my SVQ3 but this never happened. Kept getting excuse after excuse. It wasn’t a nice place to work. Long hours no official breaks. I worked nights and only reason I stayed was for the residents.

Pros

Residents

Fine

Fun and good work life balance. Good service to work for. Plent time off to spend time with family and always extra shifts you can pick up. I would recommend

Rewarding Workplace

Very hardworking, enthusiastic, supportive and dedicated team. There are also opportunities for progression and enhancing your learning if you choose to. A very rewarding environment to be part of.

management don’t care for you

management care more about the money than the well-being of their workers and residents, always short staffed and often get asked to come in due to lack of carers

Rewarding workplace

I was recently employed by Balhousie Care Group and have been fully supported by both management and staff from all fields. Staff are friendly and open to new ideas, as well as supportive to all team members and residents. Quality of care is excellent and I would highly recommend working for BCG.

Pros

Supportive team, positive work environment, rewarding job

Avoid avoid avoid

Terrible place to work at Rumbling Bridge! No support from management, just barks orders at staff. No training or support from management. Violent residents who can and will assault staff! Place is filthy , cleaners are not always there, laundry is a nightmare residents always running out of clean clothes! No resident chef food is a disgrace I feed my dog better! No room for promotion as you are very undervalued!!

Pros

Finishing time!

Cons

Starting time, bad management, no training, bad pay

Excellent first job in care industry

Management hadn't made the staff members aware of my first shift however not being prepared, they supported me through it very well! Would recommend

Pros

Lovely staff Nice environment Good pay

Cons

Management can be a little difficult

Fun work place with great work colleagues.

I have worked for balhousie just over 1 year now, have had an amazing experience within staff and management always supported fully and enjoy my work role within the home. Would fully recommend working for balhousie, always have fun filled activites including residents and staff.

Pros

Excellent activities for residents that staff also join in on, Great support system throughout the team and management, Great online and team building training

Hard going

Great team and lovely clients,its a very hard quick paced job and very much hands on, watching some of the patients slowly decline is a very hard part of the job.

Cons

Fast pace environment. Must be able to work on your own and also well in a team.

The glens has improved greatly over this past few months as the new manager has settled in. More and more training is being offered all the time. Shifts are 12 hours but busy and never short of things to do. At least 4 weeks of rota out at a time. Rate of Pay above minimum wage. Good amount of holidays

Pros

Refer a friend scheme and reward app

Cons

12hour shifts but can do 6 hour shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Balhousie Care Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement