Balmer Lawn Hotel

Balmer Lawn Hotel Employee Reviews in Brockenhurst

Really fun place to work great team vibes. If your looking for for a casual front of house job it's a good choice. I'd say a handful of things in the hotel are backwards or dated in their approach which makes it very frustrating to work here at times. That being said Over all the management team wants the best for the venue and the guests you can't fault them for that. If your serious about cocktails or wine avoid accepting A job here as its just not that kind of venue. If your a wizz kid waiter you'll do great. Be aware the kitchen is not open to guests so the chefs tend to be rude and hard to work with, think Gordon Ramsay but not funny.
Pros
Great team spirit and banter, nice management team
Cons
Long hours, low tips
Nice team.forget getting a mortgage on this salary quite relaxed as not many customers. Job is fine if you still live at home and no Bill's to pay.otherwise look elsewhere
i enjoyed the days there a lot of chenges have been made since i was here and i just would like to learn more in a new place. i was happy to work here.
Pros
good food
Cons
low payed
I would normally start either at 7am to work in the breakfast room and relay it for lunch or mid-afternoon to work til finish on the bar or for cream teas. I had had experience working in such an environment (i.e on a bar and waitressing) but a calmer atmosphere meant that I learnt a lot more about complicated drinks like cocktails. The people I worked with were kind and supportive but the management staff were abrupt and only really seemed to give out orders. I would say that was the hardest part, having to do absolutely everything and hoping they approve of it. As previously stated the best part of the job was the people I was working, especially on the bar.
Pros
Reasonable hours
Cons
Minimum wage
I worked all areas of the hotel including reception, bar and restaurant so am trained in most aspects of the hotel, i loved working all areas was never repetative or boring no day was the same. My colleges we're great and very helpful. I learned alot from working here in all areas of the hotel.
In house laundry, cleaning hotel linen, kitchen wear, general run of a hotel laundry.
Pros
Happy Team
Cons
Hot working conditions.