Bank of America

United Kingdom272 reviews

Found 272 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,226 reviews

Insights into Bank of America

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Clear sense of purpose

Hard work not for the faint hearted

Not the kind of place you would want to try and learn on the job. You’ve either been hired from a good uni or you have a burning desire to work for an investment bank. Everyone else should avoid. Very political.

Opportunities not available for all

Bank of America can be such a great place to work if you have a line of management that understands your function and need. If not, like in my experience, it was a waste of my of talent and skills as opportunities were extremely limited and my work was overlooked and belittled when it suited even though it was a high risk function. Managemetnt could have done better for the whole team.

Fun workplace

Management were great in directing you how to get started and gave great training. A very fun experience all round. Vast majority of colleagues were very friendly.

Still giving 5 stars even with the cons

Great benefits, competitive and with a new focus on wellness, with lots of schemes to help towards the cost of leisure activities outside of work.Lots of 'extra curricular' activities in the work day - lunchtime presentations on everything you can think of from D&I, key social figures, hot topics etc. Also lots of internal clubs (sports, arts etc).Annual appraisal system is a bit of a joke, with promotions decided long before your end of year appraisal, so that your mid year review is more likely to decide your year end review (pay rise? Bonus? Promotion? Nothing?).Expected to work hard in return for the environment and culture.

Pros

Wellness support, benefits, real effort on employee satisfaction

Cons

Senior Leadership very against a flexible work from home office, and very keen to be fully office based, unlike competition, Gender pay gap exists, Gender pay gap Masked in the published results, the "more of our Leadership are male so that's why we have higher average male salaries" line, No visibility into gender pay differences at each band/title - but they seem to exist

stressful place to work

if you are a teenager you will probably enjoy working here. I found it extremely stressful with the emphasis on hard selling. My colleagues were all under the same stress so led for a tense team. All management were interested in was sales figures and if you didn't get the goals there were consequences. i eventually left after becoming ill with stress and depression as were a number of my team

Pros

Cons

long hours, tense atmosphere, constantly stressed

Great people and technology, processes need improvement.

Great culture, diverse, encourages learning and promotes moral values. Something for everyone. Good staff retention and flexible work hours. Would strongly recommend.

Pros

Flexible hours, good people and technology.

Cons

Benefits and bonus not great.

Friendly environment and target driven

Excellent Company to work with. A relaxed and friendly environment with opportunity for career growth. Highly recommendable with good perspectives. Thank you.

Pros

Training standard

Corporate America but better

I enjoyed working at BoA on balance. Good people more than great leadership made the difference for me. Sometimes felt a little disconnected from the business direction by the processes involved

Very fun to work there and to see different people from around the world f

Very nice to work there as one big happy family full of fun working with different nationality and customers from around the world at the time I would of introduce anyone to there

Pros

Indeed

Cons

No long hours

Productive and stimulating workplace

Productive and stimulating workplace with great facilities. As an external consultant the work in leadership and communication coaching is both challenging and rewarding

Pros

Great people

Good firm

Willing to work people. Collaboration. Professionalism

Fantastic

BAML is a fantastic place to work and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to do so. Looks amazing to have such a prestigious company on your cv. Great company with great benefits. Employs people from all different backgrounds.

Pros

Pay for accountancy exams

Happy to leave

I worked within Command Centre Operations in Stansfield House. The role involved working shifts / some weekends and bank holidays. The job could be quite tedious, and very little employee empowerment existed. This was mainly due to poor onsite senior management. Favouritism existed on a scale that I’ve never seen before. No training budget existed for non-favoured employees. In the end, I was happy to leave.

Pros

No out of hours calls once work completed

Cons

Poor senior management

Collaborative team members and a general good place to work. One feels valued and not just a number! There is a huge emphasis on ensuring the workplace is a good environment and mental health, diversity and respect for each person is taken seriously. One gets a real sense senior management are not only interested in keeping shareholders happy but also all staff. I would work here again in a shot.

Well paying and good workplace

I have learned a lot at Bank of America where there are multiple opportunities provided. Personally, it has been a great learning experience for me and has helped me grow further.

Terrible Place to Work - Poor Culture - Poor Pay - Poor Promotion chances

I worked at BAML for nearly 7 years initially when everything moved down from London it was pretty good. Lots of work lots of new challenges and some great opportunities. Unfortunately as it grew it stagnated and became slow and dreary. For a multi billion dollar company they are so stuck in their ways. They waste hours every day across every department using outdated policies and procedures and making every task take considerably longer than is needed. The atmosphere is awful as well People are expected to spend their lives their but in return do not get rewarded fairly at the end of the year. A considerable number employees will not see a pay rise or bonus for years on end. There is a huge number of staff there who are legacy MBNA and the only reason they stay there is because their redundancy packages would be so good. The upper management structure is awful. They have the same Directors for year on end. They tend to be very much " at their level" most of them have no hope of getting any higher and promotion chances for those underneath them are terrible, People spend years and years trying to get promoted and its mostly entirely at directors discretion. I witnessed people who would get promoted at the drop of a hat because they were in the office for 12 - 13 hours a day but when you looked at their actual output it was very little and people that were there 6 or 7 hours a day were actually working significantly harder. The senior managers very much have their favourites and unless you are in that category you will be largely ignored. One team when I was there went -

Good place to work. Opportunities to progress. Salary is fair. Manager depends but hard work is appreciated. Good place to put on CV. Huge organisation

Disappointing

Would expect better procedures and internal mobility from a multimillion dollar international bank. Good benefits but the work environment is very americanized

Excellence place to work

Excellent place to work. Very well paid and great management. Good training provided. Support given if needed, even for personal issues. Excellent benefits, including pension and cycle to work scheme.

fun place to work and business atmosphere

i loved my time working here i liked the way the business operated and it make me feel like i was valued and the structure of the business was good also the training i thing was amazing this really helped me express my skills alot better and more effective way.

Great company

Great company, but in need of a different challenge and need to learn something new. Been here for 6 years now, and I feel I am not paid fairly for what I do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bank of America. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement