Bank of America

Bank of America Employee Reviews

I have learned a lot at Bank of America where there are multiple opportunities provided. Personally, it has been a great learning experience for me and has helped me grow further.
Very nice to work there as one big happy family full of fun working with different nationality and customers from around the world at the time I would of introduce anyone to there
Pros
Indeed
Cons
No long hours
Productive and stimulating workplace with great facilities. As an external consultant the work in leadership and communication coaching is both challenging and rewarding
Pros
Great people
Willing to work people. Collaboration. Professionalism
BAML is a fantastic place to work and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to do so. Looks amazing to have such a prestigious company on your cv. Great company with great benefits. Employs people from all different backgrounds.
Pros
Pay for accountancy exams
Cons
I worked within Command Centre Operations in Stansfield House. The role involved working shifts / some weekends and bank holidays. The job could be quite tedious, and very little employee empowerment existed. This was mainly due to poor onsite senior management. Favouritism existed on a scale that I’ve never seen before. No training budget existed for non-favoured employees. In the end, I was happy to leave.
Pros
No out of hours calls once work completed
Cons
Poor senior management
Collaborative team members and a general good place to work. One feels valued and not just a number! There is a huge emphasis on ensuring the workplace is a good environment and mental health, diversity and respect for each person is taken seriously. One gets a real sense senior management are not only interested in keeping shareholders happy but also all staff. I would work here again in a shot.
I worked at BAML for nearly 7 years initially when everything moved down from London it was pretty good. Lots of work lots of new challenges and some great opportunities. Unfortunately as it grew it stagnated and became slow and dreary. For a multi billion dollar company they are so stuck in their ways. They waste hours every day across every department using outdated policies and procedures and making every task take considerably longer than is needed. The atmosphere is awful as well People are expected to spend their lives their but in return do not get rewarded fairly at the end of the year. A considerable number employees will not see a pay rise or bonus for years on end. There is a huge number of staff there who are legacy MBNA and the only reason they stay there is because their redundancy packages would be so good. The upper management structure is awful. They have the same Directors for year on end. They tend to be very much " at their level" most of them have no hope of getting any higher and promotion chances for those underneath them are terrible, People spend years and years trying to get promoted and its mostly entirely at directors discretion. I witnessed people who would get promoted at the drop of a hat because they were in the office for 12 - 13 hours a day but when you looked at their actual output it was very little and people that were there 6 or 7 hours a day were actually working significantly harder. The senior managers very much have their favourites and unless you are in that category you will be largely ignored. One team when I was there went - more...
Good place to work. Opportunities to progress. Salary is fair. Manager depends but hard work is appreciated. Good place to put on CV. Huge organisation
Would expect better procedures and internal mobility from a multimillion dollar international bank. Good benefits but the work environment is very americanized
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bank of America?
Excellent place to work. Very well paid and great management. Good training provided. Support given if needed, even for personal issues. Excellent benefits, including pension and cycle to work scheme.
i loved my time working here i liked the way the business operated and it make me feel like i was valued and the structure of the business was good also the training i thing was amazing this really helped me express my skills alot better and more effective way.
Great company, but in need of a different challenge and need to learn something new. Been here for 6 years now, and I feel I am not paid fairly for what I do
Working as a temporary worker in the post room and loading bay, but I didn't have a great experience, as the managers were disorganised and unhelpful. I wouldn't work there again.
Ambiente che porta a crescere grazie alle rotazioni di ruoli soprattutto per i piu' giovani
I started as a Security Officer at the Bank of America data site in Camberley and within 12 months obtained the role of Site Manager. A typical day consisted of managing a team of 25+ staff and ensuring they had received the relevant training and instructions to carry out their roles. I interacted with the Bank of America staff on site as well as Senior Members of staff within the Bank of America Security department which I found to be very rewarding. The most difficult part of my role was trying to anticipate the Customers requirements but found that the communication lines between myself and the Customer helped in this area
A great place to work with plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Good management structure who look to support your development. Great facilities and office environment.
I have a great time in my tenure as a contract worker at Bank of America. The people in the team I worked with were very professional but were also great fun to work with. I learned that despite the fact that they were facing redundancy due to the team being phased out, they soldiered on regardless with their day to day attitude which was very inspiring. They were also very helpful and no questions were too much trouble to take the time to answer. The hardest part was that we all had to say our goodbyes, which we did in style on the last day, having a good meal to celebrate our time together.
Good Place to Work - Good People and good work-life balance. Had no issue with the management. Good Culture Most Enjoyable part of the job was the people i worked with.
Long days in a fast paced changing environment. Ability to progress in the organisation if commitment is shown and pro-actively approach potential problems.
Good experience and competitive environment. You can get exposure to new technologies. Dressing business casual environment. It is fun to work in that corporate environment.
  1. Employee reviews