Bannatyne

Bannatyne Employee Reviews

Relaxing atmosphere

Variety of shifts,from early mornings or late finish. Cleaning of shower areas,changing rooms, pool side.Gym and reception areas.It was consistent but it was never boring.Friendly,atmosphere

Pros

Fun atmosphere

Cons

Bus timetable was poor for start and finishing times, especially on a Sunday

All take and no give

After working here for quite a few years I’m not sure why I didn’t leave sooner, the only pro is the people I worked with, that was the only thing keeping me there. It always seemed it was the people on the lowest pay who would keep the place running while half of the duty managers are taking 1 hour lunch breaks, constant cigarette breaks and spending 2 hours in the gym during work time. The pay wasn’t worth it. You can cover hours, other staffs sickness and it won’t be appreciated, it’s only the things you don’t do that will be noticed.

By far the wrist company I've ever worked for

Constant issues with pay,Contract not fully honoured,Management have zero respect for people,Covid 19 outbreak coverd up zero care for staff or members,

Pros

Get a free gym membership

Cons

Management, pay issues, you litterly are just a number and will be made well aware of it

Fun and busy

Friendly members, working well under pressure - team enviroment of which managment play a role in - the best thing is building up friendships with the members - I worked in the cafe bar in Tamworth & enjoyed my role.

Great place to work but some new management need to take a look at their people skills

I overall enjoyed working here until changes were made and new people brought in. I made alot of friends but there is always one who puts you down no matter how hard you try.

Pros

Most staff are lovely

Just a number

I worked at kingsford pars spa for about 7 months and my days were 8 hour long with one 30 minute break which is more like 20 min. No massage limits so it’s non stop massage all day unless your a senior therapist, who will take all the facials out of your column and replace with massage. There is no gratitude from management and it’s a really negative environment so people do not last long or they leave because of injuries. There are always towel shortages. Your pressured to sell products but you never get any commission from this as the girls in the shop put them through as there clients and the company commission is almost impossible to get. In short it’s a high stress, in friendly working environment for almost minimum wage after 2 years at college. Avoid

Pros

Training

Cons

Poor pay

Interesting place to work

My work tends to be quite varied so everyday is a little different which means there is always something new to learn or work on. It is quite a fast paced environment but everyone I work with is incredibly supportive and happy to help if I ever do struggle.

Banntyne

Management are not nice and they don’t care about the staff well being. They also take advantage of the workers. The girls are usually over worked. Trying to talk to management is pointless and 90% of the time you don’t get paid right especially for your holidays.

Pros

Non

Cons

Never have a full break, back to back and work unappreciated

Do NOT work here. Management is a joke.

Management is a joke, poorly run unorganised and shown no recognition for staff. Management talk down on other therapists to the other therapists. Management treat you like a CHILD and constantly belittle you. Overworked and told to just deal with it. When you have gaps instead of getting a coffee you are looked down on n then made to do nitty gritty tasks that don’t need doing, just so management can control you. Only 20 mins lunch if that, not allowed to leave until 30 minutes after finishing time even after the spa has been reset, management also try humiliate you infront of other staff in the spa or in the work group chats. NEVER work here.

Over worked no appreciation

The GM at Mansfield is great, however you are just a number/ employee to them to help the managers achieve their bonuses. You get 0 thanks or appreciation for the work you put in. After 3 years service there I didn’t even get a thankyou off my own line manager which upset me so much.

Pros

Free gym

Jobs at Bannatyne

See more jobs

Uneducated management-DO NOT APPLY!

The company is ran by unprofessional and uneducated management, who has no people or any other crucial skills required for the position. You always feel undermined, unvalued, disrespected. General manager seems to be dealing with personality issues and narcissism. HR department is appalling with little care for the people working in the company, rather acting as a lawyer for the GM. Your personal concerns, issues, problems will never be listened. Management is all about showing power end endless ego. The motivation and passion for fitness slowly fades as you are forced to scrub the gym every 2 hours, deep clean after classes and do pool tests all day. You get lucky if you do 2 group classes a week! The rest of the job is pure cleaning, so you should better apply to be a cleaner elsewhere as it might be paid better than a minimal wage! Personal training is not an option either as you only get 10% of the session price. Ridiculous... Also to mention, they like to underpay people if they have an opportunity. No benefits at all working for the company. You are forced to pay for the courses and qualifications they want you to have. You cannot bring partner or family member to the gym either. Bannatyne company cares all about the money. Staff turnover is unbelievable as no-one gets appreciated. No flexibility asking a time off. Management likes to make everything seem difficult . To plan a holidays is a massive headache, because most of the time your request gets declined for no reason. HORRIBLE workplace. Please do not apply and do not waste your time.

Pros

friendly colleagues, fun classes if you have a chance to do them

Cons

uneducated management with no training in their position, minimum wage, no benefits, no flexibility

Since the lockdown in March 2020 the club had been closed.

I’m looking for another club to teach classes at and new clients to train them at a gym or in parks in central London Ideally I would go back to my original club (4 Millbank) but there’s no certainty about the reopening of the Health Club

Wrong people in management, too many favourite

Face has to fit.Have to be under age of 40No support from management Poorly paidForgotton the customer pays wage, service level given is very low, management do not care for quality work.

Pros

Cons

Poorly paid, no support, wrong people in high position. No loyalty.

Ruin your confidence

Steal tips from he staff to pay towards rooms that customers have run off without paying. Horrid environment to work in, blame game and tell everyone about your personal problems when dealing with a death in the family.

Pros

Cons

everything

Terrible

was stressful and the manager was awful He had a horrible sense of humour and told me I had to go because I was quite i had been bad too. The manager was the worst one he made me feel worthless i really didn't like him from the beginning

Under resourced and chaotic

The company was willing to consider me with limited relevant work experience. My direct line manager was very helpful. Generally junior and middle tier staff were friendly and helpful, although doing their best with minimal training, little resources and sporadic supervision and input from branch manager and above.

Cons

Often short gaps between shifts, eg. finish 10pm, start again at 5:30am

Worst place

Massage all day long with only one unpaid 30 minute break. Poorly managed by a very lazy management team who do not care about the welfare of there staff, who are often injured due to the excessive amount of massage. The treatment will end at 25 past and your next client is at 30 past. Very stressful with no support. The pay is almost NMW after training for two years at college is terrible. I would never work for this company again.

Pros

Free membership

Cons

Poor pay

Sales driven

It is a friendly work environment to which I feel secure, however work is so sales driven it is difficult to stay motivated because of the monotonous nature of the job role.

High energy staff, productive work place

Enjoyable place to work. Friendly staff throughout. They will make you feel welcome from the moment you start working there. Positive management that are supportive.

Bannatyne gym

I currently work at Bannatyne I'm very busy unfortunately the virus has took its toll on my industry, i need temp work to keep me sane sitting around is not for me

It was only ever temporary

I feel that working in the cafe/bar is not a career move for anyone and there is no option to progress. The majority of the staff team are lovely to work with and I enjoyed the daily chats with all of the members.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bannatyne. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Bannatyne with

• Bannatyne
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?