Barchester Healthcare
Happiness score is 49 out of 100
View all Barchester Healthcare reviews

Barchester Healthcare

Barchester Healthcare Employee Review

Supportive if you work hard

Very good employers if you work hard and show initiative , recognise good employees and reward them with advancement in the company. Give bonuses for attaining targets, I love working at my job, it’s very satisfying and I have built good relationships with my residents and other staff, it can be challenging but that’s a plus because it’s never boring!!

Pros

Fun environment

Cons

Staffing can be an issue

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

10 October 2022
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback here. We hope you continue to find life with us enjoyable and rewarding.

Long hours - good pay

Generally working for Ejh was a great role however management placed undue pressure on staff even when understaffed. I'm glad there was a shakeup of recently but at the core of it all the management behind the scenes still persist with demands. Carers are amazing and are worth their weight in gold. I would go back. Hours are immense and working on days off with constant calls doesn't allow for a good work life balance. And working every weekend made life difficult.

Pros

Free lunch good pay

Cons

Poor Management style

7 November 2022
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to learn more about what happened so please give us more detail by emailing us, in confidence, at onlinefeedback@barchester.com. Thank you.

Low staff morale

Poor management style, culture of bullying appears to be deeply embedded within the organisation. Lack of empathy, support and care for staff. Morale is subsequently at rock bottom.Unrealistic expectations of staff given the chronic shortage of Nurses and carers.Lovely residents and care and support staff.

Pros

Reasonable salary

Cons

Long hours, chronically understaffed

12 August 2022
We never want anyone to feel negatively about their career with Barchester and take feedback of this type extremely seriously so please give us more detail by emailing us, in confidence, at onlinefeedback@barchester.com. Thank you.

Exhausting experience

At first it felt organised and well lead, as I got to know the work load is over the top. Constant pressure from the manager to finish the care plans in the time frame provided. Mandatory meetings that you must attend even on your days off. Good pay with a lot of responsibility.

29 June 2022
We’re very sorry to hear you feel this way about life at Barchester, we pride ourselves on ensuring our staff feel supported at all times. We invite you to share more detail about your experience by emailing us, in confidence, at onlinefeedback@barchester.com. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barchester Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Barchester Healthcare with

• Barchester Healthcare
  • Supportive if you work hard
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?