Barchester Healthcare
View all Barchester Healthcare reviews

Barchester Healthcare

Barchester Healthcare Employee Review

Lovely place and company

Lovely place and very supportive management. Barchester offered me the opportunity to progress in my career and provided various training to feel comfortable with my role. Lovely and friendly team at all levels. The manager was always supportive and available to have a chat if I had any stressful days. Unfortunately I had to leave but I transferred to a new Barchester care home. I will recommend Barchester to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Official response from Barchester Healthcare

10 October 2022
It’s a pleasure to read such positive comments. Thank you for taking the time to share them here – and we hope you continue to find life with us enjoyable and rewarding.

Same role

I have worked at Kingfisher lodge for 1 year but due to family commitments I am moving back to Wales otherwise I would not leave this job. The home manager and deputy are very supportive in very way with open door policy. The resident within the home all come first in everything we do. The team work is amazing the careers put every effort in to support the residents and nothing is too much trouble. I will miss working there
Same role

Great team, fantastic career progression

I have worked for barchester for just over 3 years and in that time i have gone from senior carer to care practitioner then onto unit manager. I have been supported in my career progression from the carers all the way to the divisional director. I have a wonderful team who spend each day's making a difference in people's lives. Yes there are some hard days, but that is normal in this profession and nothing worth doing is ever easy. I would fully encourage anyone to come and work with us and see how amazing it is to be here.

Pros

The residents, families, the amazing team.

Official response from Barchester Healthcare

5 June 2019
Same location

Overall a good company to work for

I enjoyed my time at barcheater but the pay didn’t reflect my work I worked night shift with a lot of responsibilities but the pay was minimum wage and I feel it should be higher base on the hours alone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barchester Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement