Barchester Healthcare
View all Barchester Healthcare reviews

Barchester Healthcare

Barchester Healthcare Employee Review

Turbulent and stressful

Clique, stressful, bullying is frequent. High staff turnover and for very good reason. Management is shocking. Constantly understaffed and expected too much of.

Pros

Pays more than signing on

Cons

Leaves you traumatised

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

10 October 2022
We never want anyone to feel negatively about their career with Barchester and take feedback of this type extremely seriously so please give us more detail by emailing us, in confidence, at onlinefeedback@barchester.com. Thank you.

Faced paced, unrealistic expectations

The workload is horrendous for a chef, the menu is extensive with various different choices, they are mostly short staffed, staff retention is extremely poor.The management expects wonders when the time and resources are short. You feel stressed and exhausted as the workload is never ending.Summers are the worst to work in their kitchen. Temperature soars to about 50 c in peak summer, there is Bain Marie releasing lots of steam and heat, powerful gas burners, no ac in the kitchen, it is extremely difficult to work in such an overheated kitchen.The shifts can be lengthy with lots of running around, multi-tasking. Management is difficult to please. You feel over worked and undervalued.

Pros

Good pay rates and benefits

Cons

long working hours, work over load, work pressure

14 October 2022
We never want anyone to feel negatively about their career with Barchester and invite you to share more detail about your experience by emailing us, in confidence, at onlinefeedback@barchester.com. Thank you.
Same role

Great place to work,love it

Iam a Peri ,Chef for the company,at senior level .I have over 48 years experience I enjoy working for Barchester 'if you are positive and love your Job it's a lovely Job,even with all my experience I never stop learning ,what a wonderful company to work for,BEST

14 June 2022
It’s a pleasure to read such positive comments. Thank you for taking the time to share them here – and we hope you continue to find life with us enjoyable and rewarding.

No support, long hours

Use to be an amazing home to work in then the management changed now there is no support from management, they have no understanding of how some departments work and seem intimidated by certain members of staff who get away with doing whatever they want.The lack of staff was ridiculous and you were just expected to work every day to cover shifts so if you like stress, no work life balance and poor management apply for a job.

Pros

Residents and some excellent staff

Cons

No management support, long hours and staff shortages

15 June 2022
We’re very sorry to hear you feel this way about your time with us at Barchester. We invite you to share your views in more detail by emailing us, in confidence, at onlinefeedback@barchester.com. Thank you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barchester Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement