Barclays

Barclays Employee Reviews

Found 2,381 reviews matching the search
Great place to work, management were very helpful and wanted you to succeed and progress within the company. It was unfortunate that the contract was not extended, or I would of stayed and hopefully progress with support and willingness from management and team leaders.
Diverse group of people and worked with some great colleagues over the years. Open door policy with management and encouragement to develop yourself and the tools to do that. Great benefits and rewards and flexibility in working patterns if needed.
Pros
Use of kitchen area for breaks to make a coffee and eat with Sky news to view, Also a restaurant and outdoor area on the roof to relax
Cons
No cons in all parts of Barclays I worked for
If you put the effort in, you are held in fair regard. Sadly the pay for the job in my band was not great when you offset the cost of travel into London. The people care and look out for each other and remain professional all the time.
Pros
Caring community
Cons
Low pay and expensive travel in some cases
From a technical, engineering & voice compliance perspective this was my ideal role because the Voice systems, networks. compliance processes & technical landscape were constantly evolving. This demanded the best of me.
Pros
Keeping abreast of evolving industry.
Cons
None come to mind.
I did 10 years at Barclays and Fin Crime/AML is probably the worst job I've ever had. 'They' (management) bang on about integrity and don't show it themselves, favouring their kids mates for jobs and bonusses. If you face doesn't fit in 'The Gang' you'll be marked. Your face wont fit if you don't brown nose, if you show initiative, if you disagree with the consensus of opinion or if you dare to break away from the crowd. Be prepared to be told you're wrong - A LOT, then when you are proved right, still being told you're wrong, and prepare for when 'The Gang' dont like you, they'll make you so stressed and depressed you'll have a breakdown and they wont care enough to even send a text - such a shame because other areas of the Bank are enjoyable.
Pros
absolutely no idea how to respond to this.
Cons
monkeys ruling the asylum
All managers were clicky and very two faced. No empathy from any of them. Spent all their time laughing, giggling and talking about employees. Office atmosphere wasnt very nice.
Pros
Cons
Car parking, shifts
Barclays has a strong collaborative company culture, and the management is generally approachable: they look after their staff, but most administrative jobs are truly boring and with low or no chance of professional development. The technology is out of date and the response of the IT help desk often inadequate.
Pros
Good company culture, nice work enviroment, good employee benefits
Cons
Not great opportunities for career development, terrible IT helpdesk
There is always work to do, your expected to arrive to work 30-60mins before you start getting paid and can't leave until the branch is closed up anything upto 60mins after you stop being paid.The work is up to you if you want to improve, if you don't want to learn you dont have to there is no pressure. Progression depends on if you get along with your manager not what you know. Paid very little with the expectation of doing alot of unpaid hours.
Pros
Cons
Alot of unpaid hours, alot of work dependent upon how the team works
Good whilst there are opportunities to progress. Good training ground for personal development and gaining wide experience but a large organisation which goes through many reorganisations
Thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. I think they're fantastic and had circumstances been different, I would have made a career working for them
Sellout no one will protect you after 5 years one small mistake and you will lose job.They say its this and that but they never do anything for anyone
Pros
Colleagues
Cons
Sellout mamagers
Great place to work with people that had the knowledge and experience to deliver the required results. The site made the job pleasurable. As new technology evolved professional training was available to keep upto date with it.
Pros
Working environment was exceptional
Cons
IT is a necessary evil in a financial company.
Barclays was a good experience and help[ed me kick start y career. I enjoyed the weeks experience doing many things and slowly working to do see the benefits and drawbacks of working in a bank
would totally recommend Barclay's, great company to work for and benefits and friendly people great training package and flexible working patterns their, to help you and feel comfortable
I was with Barclays for a year and while the job was not for me the care and consideration the company had for my wellbeing was amazing. All of the people I worked with are lovely and really supportive. The main issue for myself was the hours, the days were quite long and could feel draining towards the end of the work week.
Pros
Caring employer, lovely colleagues
Cons
Long hours, some not so nice customers
When I began the job training it was an onsite office job but was in fact a permanent working from home job task.Training was also often unruly and therefore difficult to grasp.
Pros
good perks
Cons
training insufficient for task
Thoroughly enjoyed working here and only left because of branch closure.Hard, fast work, but great atmosphere and staff worked as a solid team.Good management, brilliant training, wonderful customers.Great work life balance, great staff and brilliant manager.One of best places I've ever worked at. Really felt valued as a colleague and person. Always encouraged and always appreciated by colleagues and management.
Pros
Great team, relaxing luch room, free tea/coffee, parking.
Cons
None.
Barclays Bank in general is a good company to work for however back then they set unrealistic targets for staff and the salary was just as good as a sales advisors salary.
Cons
Unrealistic Targets.
Working at Barclays was the best experience I had.A very relaxed place to work, they see you as a person, not as a numberThe work is very complex..
Pros
Great office, relaxed place fruit, coffee and tea available
Cons
They work through agencies and most of time is contract of short periods
Good place to work, good experience for people to help with your career great learning experience, great team activities, fun environment, and helpful
Pros
Relaxing
Cons
Poor pay, poor prospects, poor management. There was a crying couch in the women's toilets. That should give you some idea of how the place was ran. New mangers on a monthly and sometimes weekly basis. Each one knowing less than the last. If you want a boring job with cringey team members and awkward meetings then take a job a Barclays. It's "The Office" , except you have to live it for 40 hours + a week. Oh and yes, you are watched and timed when you go to the toilet....
Pros
Payday? I guess...
Cons
Meat market, Lots of backstabbers trying to sleep their way to the top. Standard office work.
  1. Employee reviews