Barfoots

Barfoots Employee Reviews

Progession

Featured review

Barfoots selected this as a representative review
Barfoots were a foot in the door for my career progression. I enjoyed the company but moved so I was unable to travel to the job any longer. I was given good company support and I enjoyed being part of production as a whole.

Pros

four days on and then four days off

Cons

travel became impossible

17 September 2019
Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to have contributed to your career progression. Good luck!

Poor management

Generally that has poor management. What is more key point of the view is squeeze all production workers like lime, many people are frustrating after couple month. I can't recommend this work place.

25 June 2021
We are sorry to hear that you had a disappointing experience during your short tenure here at Barfoots. We recognise the hard work and commitment delivered by all of our employees and would encourage staff to raise any such concerns with their line managers to enable swift and positive resolution.

Unorganised job roles

The company itself is a safe place to work, but some roles within it are extremely unorganised. the departments don't communicate to each other, and don't share skills or knowledge. the role we are brought on to do has been there for over a year and still no one is sure who the manager is for this team. I really would not recommend working here unless for a last resort.

Cons

unorganised management and no communication

25 June 2021
We are saddened to hear of your experience in this newly formed position and would encourage you to raise any concerns with your line manager to help establish clarity on any confusion associated to your current duties and responsibilities. As you will know, this position is still evolving and will be equally shaped by staff input. Therefore, feedback to the management team is very important.

.arguments everyday .managemant dont know what there doing

I worked here as a forklift driver .ReallyReally c**p manager.Just big time Nobody really knows what they're doing .Especially management they must of blagged it

Pros

Cons

One big con

25 June 2021
Thank you for taking the time to highlight your experience working at Barfoots. We are keen to understand feedback from all areas, positive or not. Our Logistics teams work extremely hard and this dynamic, fast paced environment can be very demanding indeed. We wish you well for future employment.

old school

technology is stymied by the power of one, company cant think past cents, very risk averse, but generally very nice people despite some silo protectionism

productive

good place to work, friendly team. long days, better now summers here. four days on three off 12 hour shift, good for me I lived in Pagham just up the road.

25 June 2021
Thank you for your comments. It is good to understand that you are enjoying your role at Barfoots. We recognise the hard work that all of our staff demonstrate across the business and your input is truly valued.

A good place to work if needing work

Bar foots is a good place to work if you are looking your first job, it also gives you the opportunity to learn new, skills that may help you with jobs later down the line they also, will help you with on site training depending if you are a full time staff member.

25 June 2021
Thank you for highlighting Barfoots as a good place to work and learn. We strongly encourage and support staff development which we believe enhances both personal and professional growth. Win win!

Not bad

While I worked here it underwent a management change. Found it difficult knowing who I worked under and who was my direct line manager. Work was varied and not necessarily worthwhile.

25 June 2021
Thank you for taking time to review. As with all businesses, changes in management are inevitable and often result in new ways of working. This can of course, take a short while to implement, as new processes, duties & responsibilities settle in. Best of luck in your future employment.

An opportunity to expand

A progressive company, committed to developing and training staff. As with all FMCG environments it can be challenging and demanding. No day is the same.

31 January 2020
Thank you for your review. Working in such a dynamic environment can indeed be challenging and it is good to understand that efforts to develop staff and encourage internal progression is clearly recognised.

Just a stepping stone

I joined Barfoots with a view to a career there. Quickly became obvious that progression was never really going to happen. Paid below the going rate locally and the engineering manager is a joke of a human being, his man management is a disgrace, Real shame for a promising employer.

Pros

Shift pattern

Cons

the management (specifically one person)

Jobs at Barfoots

See more jobs

Don't work here ever

Barfoots of Botley don't care about their employees or their costomers. The are fake and you would not believe what they do there. Stay away or work at your peril

18 November 2019
It is disappointing to read such a review and very difficult to address appropriately without an exact understanding of details. If you would care to make contact with Barfoots HR department, any such concerns can be dealt with as necessary.

Super

It is very good to work on Barfoots.I really recomand Thei o offer you a good training and good leason.it gives you the chance to go further and provides support for any information

17 October 2019
Thank you for your comments. We are always keen to help support and progress our employees wherever possible and at all levels. It's good to understand that this is recognised.

Absolutle shambles of a company!

Absolute shambles of a company from top to bottom. I was employed to do a job and within a few days was expected to pick the work of a member of staff who was leaving with no training given. Management are a joke and change there mind on how things should be run as often as the wind changes. Was promised a number of things when I took the job and amazingly nothing materialised. All in all I would avoid this company at all costs!!!

26 September 2019
I'm sorry to read your comments and to understand that your experience with Barfoots did not meet your expectations. As a company, we strive to ensure that all employees are thoroughly conversant with the duties and responsibilities associated to their position. Working in a very dynamic industry can sometimes result in additional support being required for related business areas. However, employees would not be expected to maintain any such additional duties on an ongoing basis without consultation and agreement. On behalf of Barfoots, I wish you well in securing a more suitable position.

You can learn a lot but only this

A place where you can learn a lot, but it's hard to get promoted. The criteria are not clear and people who are promoted most thanks to other people's knowledge than through hard work.

Pros

4 by 4 day shift

17 September 2019
Thank you for your comments. Working at Barfoots, all employees have opportunities to progress where applicable and relevant. We are keen to support and develop all staff who are seeking progression and would encourage internal applications whenever appropriate to enable personal development.

Hard

Hard work small money no cotract ,just experience. I can just say to barfoods thanks for experience on diesel truck. I dont eat sweetcorn and sweetpotato

Pros

Cons

Evrythink

17 September 2019
Thank you for your review. Working directly for Barfoots you can expect a structured and progressive environment across all departments, with opportunities to develop and grow within the business. With improved pay rates and progression opportunities, we are always keen to hear from people interested in coming on board.

Produkcja

Kontakt z ludzmi, dobra organizacja pracy Bezprobkemowy urlop

Pros

Duzo godzin pracy

Cons

Zimno na hali

Managing a day

Daily planning meting to review orders against forecast and plan production to meet deliveries. Daily Operations meeting to discuss KPI's H&S etc from previous day and other major issues raised. Regular GMP and facilities management audits. Attend regular NPD, C2L and Benchmarking meetings/reviews It is a two shift team running 4 on 4 off shift system.

Growing business

Growing business employed a lot staff. Good factory to learn and understand all keys regarding to production process and leading/managing people. Stayed focus on problems and implement problem solving shame.

Pros

4 on 3 shift's

Cons

inclusive bank holidays to contract

17 September 2019
Thank you for your comments. Its good to know challenges are dealt with appropriately.

Productive work place

Normal day work looks like on each food company around 11 hours work. Fun worklace with supportive managment. Well growing company with opportunities for personal growth to a certain level

Supply Chain Management

I discovered the supply chain management environment through that professional experience at Barfoots of Botley. I worked in an international team. In fact, I keep an excellent memory about it.

productive and fun workplace

Each day starts with my very monotonous, each day I have to do the same work for cleaning the same places i want to change all that know in this work we learn a lot about cleaning procedures are training on new chemical cleaning products, as well as constantly updating their work safely.Most of my co-workers are from Poland and does not speak English, I'm very hard to improve their English language The most pleasant thing in the end when you know that all your work is carried out

Pros

understanding

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barfoots. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement