Bark & Birch

Bark & Birch Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews

Every Day is Different

It depends on your job, but you might be very busy one day, somewhat relaxing the other. Communication skills amongst employees is vital, but the communication amongst employees is very relaxed and informal if you manage to keep up contact as well. Skills can be learned and a lot of management will help you and support you if you require it. Processes are still being streamlined every so often with the valuable input of the team, and being listened to is valued highly, as every employee has valuable input.

Pros

Helpful environment, Good Startup possibilities, Global

Cons

Inpredictable hours sometimes, some processes not yet streamlined (getting there).

Never work here

Honestly the worst place ever to work. Too many hours, terrible bosses and very low salary. They fired people during their well deserved holidays with no reasons.

Insights into Bark & Birch

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

The worst place to work in the world

I have worked they for 4 months nothing but red flags the worst company to work for Dogs are kept in cages more then 4 hours feel sorry for the dogs 🐕 the other dogs are Board out off they head just running around in a Dirty muddy field and as a staff never get paid on time have to Fight for my money feel sorry for the dogs and the staff

Pros

Lovely dogs to work with

Cons

Low paid job

If you don’t want to be paid on time crack on.

Boast about being valued at $130m but can’t pay because they don’t have any money despite all our pension money not appearing in our pots. Many very serious employment law concerns.

Everyone is very helpful, good onboarding, continious training and development

Everyone is very helpful, good onboarding, continious training and development.Wide variety of dogs and problems to work with, bi-weekly gatherings with team.

Pros

Everyone is very helpful Good onboarding, Continious training and development

Cons

Long hours Driving distances

Growing, always busy and great support

Loads of positive improvements from the head office, for a fast growing start up they are definitely trying very hard to make life easy for me and I presume other trainers. Definitely not perfect but management listens and implements new things to push the business forward. If you want to work tor a company that has everything in order this might not be the place for you but if you want to be part of something fast growing, exiting with career opportunities join!

Pros

Loads of positive improvements from the head office. Wide variety of dogs. Career opportunities.

Cons

As mentioned above things are not perfect, sometimes things are late. Long hours. Sometimes things are late.

Very pleased I joined this company, have already seen 8 more staff join in the past few weeks and I love our mission.Very collaborative environment and accepting of everyone.

Competitive and fun workplace - home based and wide variety of dogs

Very pleased with my decision to work at Bark & Birch. Home based allowing me to spend more time with my kids while training a wide variety of dogs from basic obedience to rehabilitation and helping owners. They also run several bonus schemes which creates a fun bot competitive environment.

Pros

Loads

Cons

Driving

Challenging and competitive work environment

Great place to learn about the business and grow within the company. Opportunities to advance as expansion continues into new territories with great rewards.

Pros

Great pay

Cons

Great place to work the days fly by.

A great place to work. The team all work hard together and there is always some available to help you out when you need it.Everyone is passionate about doing their best by the dogs and the days really do fly by.

Pros

The dogs.

Awful company

Bark and birch are the worst company I have ever worked for , the day care displays a nice garden with toys for the dogs in reality it is an empty muddy field in Essex . The dogs are kept in the vans they are picked up in for at least 8 hours a day .my wages were with held from me for weeks after I left until I threatened management with animal welfare I was then paid . There was multiple cases of vans not being insured and on two occasions two staff almost lost their licenses because of this . The vans have broken down and are not fit for road . Multiple dog fights and animals being injured. Do not work for this company.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Amazing company

Bark & Birch is a great place to work. It is fast paced and exciting, with no two days the same. You feel part of a team that all have the same goals in mind. The management are supportive and do their best to help you progress.

Pros

Career path

Quick & Simple!

My interview process was completed in just under a week and I got feedback from each person at each stage and was kept informed the whole time. A year later, I still work for Bark & Birch and couldn't imagine working anywhere else. They have a great work ethic and the team are always on hand to assist.

Pros

Remote working

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bark & Birch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Bark & Birch reviews by location

Learn about Bark & Birch in popular locations

• Bark & Birch
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?