Barker Ross Group

Barker Ross Group Employee Reviews

Insights into Barker Ross Group

What people like
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

No commitment

Not one call from them to check how things are goingVery poor communication from them No checks to see if all is OK with you or employerNeed to know anything you have to contact them

Cons

Good hours

Difficult agency to work for

We have only weeks work and found this is hard company to get your money for work you have done, not collaborating or helpful. I woul avoid this company, to get job asking for 1000s questions when you need get money back then nobody is interested.

Pros

N a

Cons

Not helpful to work for

Awesome company

An amazing company to work for with a supporting management team in place too. They go out of their way to support and develop staff and nothing is too much trouble.They work tirelessly to ensure that client needs are met and will always go the extra mile too.I would recommend this wonderful company to anybody.

Pros

A fantastic supporting management team

Cons

there arent any.

Good work place

Barker Ross is amazing! They take care of you & help you get a job really quick. I would definitely recommend Barker Ross. They are very friendly, helpful and caring. They were very quick in helping me find a good workplace. I would really recommend them to anyone who’s looking for a job.

Excellent place to work

Excellent place to work, wouldn’t work at any other agency.Hard working teams who offer excellent customer service. The management team is excellent.

Pros

Great people

Poor attitude to English drivers

Totally useless but not the worst agency hardly any jobs other than on Bedford based client.Could never get answers on the phone or get them to ring back.

Pros

Payment on time

Cons

Useless management and support

Terrible

Terrible place to work, unpleasant management, far from willing to help, only minding own business and ignoring phone calls from employees in need, zero help at the time of pandemic either.

I enjoyed working at Barker Ross since I have been working there for a long time. Everyone was very nice and they helped me to find hours that suited me and my children. I vividly recommend this job since you will be able to schedule it how you want to.

what to know

Not enough training was provided before starting the job. However my work colleagues were very helpful and they helped me settle in and showed me how to get up to speed

commited work culture

professional in approach fast-paced work of packing good administration good friendly reception in the admin office and on-site staff cooperative and helping

Pros

good place to work

Cons

less overtime

Wouldn’t recommend

Pro it’s an independent job They were uninformative, The interview process felt very rushed, Lack of communication between themselves, Misplaced documents after interview, And overall made to feel replaceable.

Fantastic

O worked for barker ross both has catering assistant and support work and have bo complainants. Wages were paid in time, office staff are there for you when you need. Definitely recomended

Great driver with 22 years experience

I'm interested in the job and would like to be apart of your team ..Been working at a housing association making roads pipe line for gas ,water and electric loading lorries etching.

made redundant

Filling in lots of paperwork Greeting customers Helpful staff made me realise how different some people treat others which was a real eye opener to me.

Support Staff Nottingham

The positive aspects of working for Barkerross is the staff are very approachable and professional and it offers flexible working hours. The staff at Barkerross have a greater understanding of the agency staff's needs and circumstances and they will accommodate accordingly. The staff engage positively with all of their staff from different nationalities and ethnic minorities. I have met some lovely, amazing staff at the agency, and I have worked at some amazing places. I have throughly enjoyed being a member of the agency and has been a worthwhile experience, and I enjoy my job and making a difference to clients lives. The manager is always available to listen to staff to highlight any concerns. I would highly recommend Barkerross as a recruitment agency to work for.

Pros

Flexible working hours.

Cons

I don't have any to report.

Food production

Prepare ingredients for the food were going to make. Be hygienic and wash our hands and wear appropriate clothing. Make sure we all know what were doing. Add labels to the food. Make sure everything is neat to be ready to be sent to the shop.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

7 to 8 hours per night

Friendly atmosphere

With this team I got very good time,good expierence.Meet lots of nice and friendly people,very helpfull.Good and full training provide.Flexible shift and good paid.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

long hours shift

Poor company, does not treat others fairly

This company does not reply to emails,does not call, and treats people in an unfair manner. I do not have anything else to say other than, it is a company interested in making a pound or two.

Avoid at all cost.

The main issue was with the employment itself rather than Barker Ross. The manager is extremely unprofessional and the ring leader of bullying. Unwilling to train the staff and would rather gossip behind your back instead of help. Best decision made was leaving! Wouldn't work through agency again due to lack of communication once they was made aware of the situation.

Pros

Going home

Official response from Barker Ross Group

12 February 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our client – we do take these complaints seriously. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with us direct on this matter.

Pretty basic warehouse work

Some warehouses better than others, difficulties with communication with agency workers, pretty good pay, not flexible hours, good for a short period of time

good

Very tiring but fun pacey at times i have learned a lot since i worked for barker ross group management was good the hardest part of the job was when other wasnt doing their work quickly i have enjoyed it everytime

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barker Ross Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement

Compare Barker Ross Group with

• Barker Ross Group
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?