Barker Ross Group

Barker Ross Group Employee Reviews

Not one call from them to check how things are goingVery poor communication from them No checks to see if all is OK with you or employerNeed to know anything you have to contact them
Cons
Good hours
Totally useless but not the worst agency hardly any jobs other than on Bedford based client.Could never get answers on the phone or get them to ring back.
Pros
Payment on time
Cons
Useless management and support
Terrible place to work, unpleasant management, far from willing to help, only minding own business and ignoring phone calls from employees in need, zero help at the time of pandemic either.
I enjoyed working at Barker Ross since I have been working there for a long time. Everyone was very nice and they helped me to find hours that suited me and my children. I vividly recommend this job since you will be able to schedule it how you want to.
Not enough training was provided before starting the job. However my work colleagues were very helpful and they helped me settle in and showed me how to get up to speed
professional in approach fast-paced work of packing good administration good friendly reception in the admin office and on-site staff cooperative and helping
Pros
good place to work
Cons
less overtime
Pro it’s an independent job They were uninformative, The interview process felt very rushed, Lack of communication between themselves, Misplaced documents after interview, And overall made to feel replaceable.
O worked for barker ross both has catering assistant and support work and have bo complainants. Wages were paid in time, office staff are there for you when you need. Definitely recomended
I'm interested in the job and would like to be apart of your team ..Been working at a housing association making roads pipe line for gas ,water and electric loading lorries etching.
Filling in lots of paperwork Greeting customers Helpful staff made me realise how different some people treat others which was a real eye opener to me.
The positive aspects of working for Barkerross is the staff are very approachable and professional and it offers flexible working hours. The staff at Barkerross have a greater understanding of the agency staff's needs and circumstances and they will accommodate accordingly. The staff engage positively with all of their staff from different nationalities and ethnic minorities. I have met some lovely, amazing staff at the agency, and I have worked at some amazing places. I have throughly enjoyed being a member of the agency and has been a worthwhile experience, and I enjoy my job and making a difference to clients lives. The manager is always available to listen to staff to highlight any concerns. I would highly recommend Barkerross as a recruitment agency to work for.
Pros
Flexible working hours.
Cons
I don't have any to report.
Prepare ingredients for the food were going to make. Be hygienic and wash our hands and wear appropriate clothing. Make sure we all know what were doing. Add labels to the food. Make sure everything is neat to be ready to be sent to the shop.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
7 to 8 hours per night
With this team I got very good time,good expierence.Meet lots of nice and friendly people,very helpfull.Good and full training provide.Flexible shift and good paid.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
long hours shift
This company does not reply to emails,does not call, and treats people in an unfair manner. I do not have anything else to say other than, it is a company interested in making a pound or two.
The main issue was with the employment itself rather than Barker Ross. The manager is extremely unprofessional and the ring leader of bullying. Unwilling to train the staff and would rather gossip behind your back instead of help. Best decision made was leaving! Wouldn't work through agency again due to lack of communication once they was made aware of the situation.
Pros
Going home
Official response from Barker Ross Group
12 February 2019
We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with our client – we do take these complaints seriously. We would welcome the opportunity to speak with us direct on this matter.
Some warehouses better than others, difficulties with communication with agency workers, pretty good pay, not flexible hours, good for a short period of time
Very tiring but fun pacey at times i have learned a lot since i worked for barker ross group management was good the hardest part of the job was when other wasnt doing their work quickly i have enjoyed it everytime
Good placecto work and nice people No complain so far I will recommend to friends.Nice web support payslip sends online very good experience .its good communication between everyone
Pros
Good atmosphere
Terrible communication, been working through them a few months and then work just stops, never received any information as to why or when work will return. I ring the office to find out and get told they no longer need me as the orders/stock is low (which is fair enough if they had told me, but this is 3 weeks after work stops) I then got told they would contact me if anything else comes up. I go back on indeed and notice atleast 3 jobs available in the area through this company so I ring to enquire about one, to be told it's the same job I was doing! But once I tell them my details, its suddenly not available to apply for, nor are any of the others! Absolutely despicable unprofessional company! Bullies all round and think they are better than you! *spit spit spit* P.s. Im all for constructive criticism, if there was something they were unhappy with. But lying to people gets you nowhere.
Pros
The place I was working in was actually very nice and the staff were kind and helpful.
Cons
Unprofessional, Bullys, very unreliable work, liars!
I worked for BARKER ROSS for a few months, I never had problems with payment. The only minus was the lack of information about the work and finished contract. The agent forgets to tell me not to return to the company after the new year due to the fact that they do not need me anymore.
An absolute shambles of an agency constantly being lied to, turn in to work for the AM shift just to be turned away told there is no work dispicable, there are staff from GI Group doing the exact same job but getting paid more
  1. Employee reviews