Barking Havering and Redbridge Univ Hospitals NHS Trust
Happiness score is 64 out of 100

Working at Barking Havering and Redbridge Univ Hospitals NHS Trust: Latest Barking Havering and Redbridge Univ Hospitals NHS Trust Reviews

United Kingdom19 reviews

A nice place to work

Very listening and concerned management. When I wasn't coping due to family life and work balance, I was surprised to be offered the opportunity to have flexible start and finish times. Now I choose the days and time I work, which is perfect for me. Thank you BHRUT HOSPITAL

Pros

Listening management

Cons

None really

External Contractor's Perspective

I worked with their Finance Dept (as Barking and Dagenham PCT) on loan from Havering PCT at the time. During my time there I found management personable, supportive and inclusive in my discussions with them.Colleagues were helpful to a certain degree, and obviously as a contractor, I couldn't comment on issues like promotion prospects but, yes, it seemed a great place to work but then again, I was working at a very senior management level.

No help from management and colleagues .

Colleague uses bad language in front of patients and they don’t have any professional attitude with patients and other team members. Always, miss using the new staff members to do there part of the job. Taking bad advantages of their band, as in delegation tasks to others while they site and do absolutely nothing themselves.

Cons

Have to work 2 weekends of each month, without any choice.

Great place to work / not so much now

When I first joined I really felt welcomed and enjoyed being at work because I knew with hard work and dedication there was always the possibility to progress and be appreciated. In recent times a complete change/restructure to rid the department of nepotism was conducted where the new team in charge have brought in a sense of dictatorship and become the apparent of what they tried to dissolve...The atmosphere at the site where it was once a joy for the previous management to be has become toxic and cold. Supervisors definitely need more training in how to speak and keep confidentiality a high priority; with less open back biting about colleagues.So it really depends where you end up, some areas of work will suit certain individuals. As a whole the Trust is great and an opportunity will always be given, just find your path and take it because it could be a lot worse.

Pros

To provide a service for the front line staff / wards

Cons

Read the review

Poor management

Poor management with a real sense of bullying of staff from higher up. Very cliquey... Of you face doesn't fit its very difficult to work there. I enjoy my job but the environment I work in is highly stressful and leave me anxious for every shift.

Pros

Junior staff are lovely

Cons

Poor rota

Good Career Paths available

Good Atmosphere. Specialist whom are willing to help you develop and courses available to help professional development. Competitive salary depending on job preference.

No Career Progression

There is no career progression. Once you show your skills in the workplace they throw everything your way with benefits for yourself. They don't encourage any learning.

Absolute shambles of a work place

Would avoid this trust like the plague. Absolutely no support from management when sick. Constant phone calls and emails when battling a long term condition even with a doctors letter. I was a very experienced nurse at a band 6 level and this trust sacked me for being sick!!!!! No support at all for staff members and this is an NHS Trust!!!!!!!!

Educational and fun

This site comprised of 4 satellite hospitals for which I was responsible for staffing. It was highly demanding but extremely rewarding. The total staff complement was about 30.

Good TRUST but could be much better

I have been working for almost three years in Neurology and HASU ward in this trust and i felt always supported and welcomed. But the trust organisation is poor for certain things, the shifts could be very busy but this is a good place to build a strong experience. The staff is composed mainly by people with multicultural backgrounds which is good for meeting new people and culture interchange. The salary is fair for the NHS pay scheme. No concerns. The hardest part of the job is the paperwork which is too much most of the times and takes off time that you can spend with the patients for their care and all the documentation is still mainly on paper, which is also a big waste. The enjoyable thing is that I have been working in a ward that made me feel very supported and the managers and the matrons they spend time with the new members of the staff to make sure you feel integrated.

Pros

Support, good teamwork

Cons

Poor Trust organisation, Paperworks, care delays.

Good hospital A high dependency unit for obstetric emergencies. I have learned a great deal working in all departments within maternity. Staff work as a team

Pros

Work well as a team

Pharmacy Assistant

Good possible career progression Management train you in all areas for dispensing Very welcoming culture in the department However a huge amount of pressure is put for new starters.

Interesting and new

Working or legacy incidents and escalations brought new insight to my work, challenges and knowledge soon mounted support from my management was solid and thus allowed me to get involved in many other areas quickly with great results Working alone or as parts or small desktop team different works could be resolved and making friendships with the wider IT teams ment the friendly atmosphere and staff helped when on site, something field staff desperately need New areas of work proved tricky at first understanding how and why a Hospital operates as it does, everywhen is different getting end-users on side and happy with my work and the constant feedback to my seniors as an asset to carry on improve and take on work to assist the Hospital

Pros

fun and bouncy place to work, brilliant staff

Cons

being contract would have loved to stay longer

Supportive and lots of opportunity

Colleagues are supportive and friendly. There are always opportunities to move up the career ladder. I.T equipment is always up to date and easy to access from home.

Pros

free parking for staff

Fun work place

Management support is great, progression is superb Great team working , values upheld , strive to continuously improve the service, looking out for each other

Pros

Great working environment

Cons

Frequent changes

Good Experience

Learned working in a team. This was my job in NHS. Colleagues were good and helpful. Management were good as well. The hardest part was to collect required case notes from others.

Diverse and interesting place of work

Handovers are prompt and comprehensive. Doctor's ward rounds could start very early in the morning. We work as a team to look after the patients. Prioritizing jobs is vital since patients intermittently have to go for scans or to theatre and I am expected to prepare them or sometimes book the porters to avoid delays. Other times, a patient can become unwell and I support the nurse to cater for their needs.I also have to inform my colleagues in case I need to leave the ward on escort duty, in order to ensure smooth flow of work. I have gained a number of clinical skills e.g checking blood sugar, doing ECG etc. The manager is a hands-on nurse, spending quite some time on the ward and not only in the office. I find it really to see someone who came in really unwell or scared of hospital, go home much better and trully relieved.

Ok

Hard work. good team, but clicky. good at training and learning

Pros

sometimes fun

Cons

sometimes very stressful

Overall the trust works but outside influences have a big impact on staff morale which makes the job difficult

Having worked for the trust for the last 16 years unfortunately due to outside influences the trust seems to have lost its way in recent years We have overcome a lot of bad practices and improvements have been made I enjoy my job and I work well with team members and other trust staff The hardest part of the job is meeting the very tight deadlines for access to health we do struggle at times but as a team we work together to overcome any issues that may occur

Pros

Working hours, Environment

Cons

Shortage of staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barking Havering and Redbridge Univ Hospitals NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement