Barking Havering and Redbridge Univ Hospitals NHS Trust

Barking Havering and Redbridge Univ Hospitals NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Good Atmosphere. Specialist whom are willing to help you develop and courses available to help professional development. Competitive salary depending on job preference.
Poor management with a real sense of bullying of staff from higher up. Very cliquey... Of you face doesn't fit its very difficult to work there. I enjoy my job but the environment I work in is highly stressful and leave me anxious for every shift.
Pros
Junior staff are lovely
Cons
Poor rota
There is no career progression. Once you show your skills in the workplace they throw everything your way with benefits for yourself. They don't encourage any learning.
Would avoid this trust like the plague. Absolutely no support from management when sick. Constant phone calls and emails when battling a long term condition even with a doctors letter. I was a very experienced nurse at a band 6 level and this trust sacked me for being sick!!!!! No support at all for staff members and this is an NHS Trust!!!!!!!!
This site comprised of 4 satellite hospitals for which I was responsible for staffing. It was highly demanding but extremely rewarding. The total staff complement was about 30.
I have been working for almost three years in Neurology and HASU ward in this trust and i felt always supported and welcomed. But the trust organisation is poor for certain things, the shifts could be very busy but this is a good place to build a strong experience. The staff is composed mainly by people with multicultural backgrounds which is good for meeting new people and culture interchange. The salary is fair for the NHS pay scheme. No concerns. The hardest part of the job is the paperwork which is too much most of the times and takes off time that you can spend with the patients for their care and all the documentation is still mainly on paper, which is also a big waste. The enjoyable thing is that I have been working in a ward that made me feel very supported and the managers and the matrons they spend time with the new members of the staff to make sure you feel integrated.
Pros
Support, good teamwork
Cons
Poor Trust organisation, Paperworks, care delays.
Good hospital A high dependency unit for obstetric emergencies. I have learned a great deal working in all departments within maternity. Staff work as a team
Pros
Work well as a team
Cons
Good possible career progression Management train you in all areas for dispensing Very welcoming culture in the department However a huge amount of pressure is put for new starters.
Working or legacy incidents and escalations brought new insight to my work, challenges and knowledge soon mounted support from my management was solid and thus allowed me to get involved in many other areas quickly with great results Working alone or as parts or small desktop team different works could be resolved and making friendships with the wider IT teams ment the friendly atmosphere and staff helped when on site, something field staff desperately need New areas of work proved tricky at first understanding how and why a Hospital operates as it does, everywhen is different getting end-users on side and happy with my work and the constant feedback to my seniors as an asset to carry on improve and take on work to assist the Hospital
Pros
fun and bouncy place to work, brilliant staff
Cons
being contract would have loved to stay longer
Colleagues are supportive and friendly. There are always opportunities to move up the career ladder. I.T equipment is always up to date and easy to access from home.
Pros
free parking for staff
Management support is great, progression is superb Great team working , values upheld , strive to continuously improve the service, looking out for each other
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Frequent changes
Learned working in a team. This was my job in NHS. Colleagues were good and helpful. Management were good as well. The hardest part was to collect required case notes from others.
Handovers are prompt and comprehensive. Doctor's ward rounds could start very early in the morning. We work as a team to look after the patients. Prioritizing jobs is vital since patients intermittently have to go for scans or to theatre and I am expected to prepare them or sometimes book the porters to avoid delays. Other times, a patient can become unwell and I support the nurse to cater for their needs.I also have to inform my colleagues in case I need to leave the ward on escort duty, in order to ensure smooth flow of work. I have gained a number of clinical skills e.g checking blood sugar, doing ECG etc. The manager is a hands-on nurse, spending quite some time on the ward and not only in the office. I find it really to see someone who came in really unwell or scared of hospital, go home much better and trully relieved.
Hard work. good team, but clicky. good at training and learning
Pros
sometimes fun
Cons
sometimes very stressful
Having worked for the trust for the last 16 years unfortunately due to outside influences the trust seems to have lost its way in recent years We have overcome a lot of bad practices and improvements have been made I enjoy my job and I work well with team members and other trust staff The hardest part of the job is meeting the very tight deadlines for access to health we do struggle at times but as a team we work together to overcome any issues that may occur
Pros
Working hours, Environment
Cons
Shortage of staff