Barney Bears Nursery

Barney Bears Nursery Employee Reviews

At barney Bears I learnt how to look after and have a wider understanding of the toddler age range. Management are lovely I feel comfortable to go to them with problems, I feel like the workplace has a god mixture of backgrounds and religions which is good for the children.
Pros
Lunch with the children.
Cons
Overtime.
Have never imagined myself working with children, therefore did not enjoy this job at all. Would recommend to someone who loves working with children but sadly not to myself.
Really enjoyed working at this place was great fun just very tiring as kids can be a lot of work!! However the couple of months i spent there i really liked , friendly staff and great staff , high security and kids lookaftered very well.
Pros
Fun lunch times with the kids
Cons
Verr tiring and hard working job
this was my ever first experience working all together let alone a nine to five. it was very insightful and fufilling and i was sad to leave after a week
a day at work included interacting with the children I learned how different children enjoy different things management was good the most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with staff and children
As Nursery assistant there was a lot of manual prep and health and safety work to keep the children happy and safe through all the nursery activities. The job consisted of assisting nursery staff in looking after the children, cleaning and preparing for activities, play time and meals. It was very tiring but rewarding work.
Pros
long breaks, cheery friendly atmosphere
Cons
long hours, manual work, volunteer, no pay
In this work experience I learnt a lot of things and I really enjoyed doing my placement in this nursery, so of the things was quit hard because sometimes you will get little kids that don't like to eat but is normal . So people that worked there are rude but in every placement you get people a lot of people that are rude and nice you just have to deal with it , I really enjoyed the part that I had to play with the kids and read them story . I love playing with kids and also make them happy .
Work started at 9:00am Children would have breakfast and story. Whilst children are listening to the story play areas would be set up. Each area will focus on each child development -Building -Colours -Feel and touch Children would then have outside play and lunch Nap time at around half two and home time would be from 3 - 6 depending on when parents come.
I found this work placement very enjoyable, everyday there was something different, some days included setting up activities, cleaning, reading story time, taking the children on a day out. The hardest part of this placement was trying to handle the children at nap times, as they were full of energy but easy once you now how. I really enjoyed setting up activities and helping the children engage in games, arts and craft, story time etc..
Pros
Meeting new people