Barratt Developments PLC

Barratt Developments PLC Employee Reviews

Featured review
Barratt Developments PLC selected this as a representative review
Fast paced environment with lots of rewards. Amazing place to work friendly atmosphere and very approachable management team Very supportive environment
Pros
Employee benefits
If you get a chance to work for BDW Kent then go for it you will not be disappointed. I was not and wished I had not left but I needed more in my role which was not possible at the time.My hunger and drive got the better of me and I wished I had not left.
Pros
Friendly, fair modern & positive
Cons
Good location, fun team building days etc
Great company to work for fast paced but loved the people there. A great experience and if you you have what it takes they will support you all the way.
I completed my carpentry apprenticeship with Barratt homes and was welcomed into the team very well. I worked along side sub contractors on site and along side Barratt managers in the office. Everyone helped me.
Pros
Helpful staff and apprenticeship leader
Excellent company to join straight out of college. Fast learning curve. Give you the opportunity to become multi disciplined through frequent role changes.
Good worker hay level of english always on time god team worker god relationship with the team god levell of communication god relationship with claients
Barratt David Wilson Homes is a great company to work for. The culture of the business gives you plenty of opportunities to progress and gain new skills. Each day is different and there is always something new and exciting to do.
Newly appointed sales director loves punishment as apposed to learning and development. Human Resources are pretty much non-existent, the senior management team preach you about processes but don’t follow there own HR processes themselves. If your face doesn’t fit the directors have you out anyway possible. Money was reasonable when targets weren’t in achievable
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management skills love to micro manage
Barratt Homes is a company who looks after their staff as a result people want to come to work. Accuracy is needed and work is never the same each day
Learnt everything I needed to become a carpenter. Great work colleagues and Fab managers. Hours at 8-4:30 perfect work life balance. Typical site culture but all friendly.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barratt Developments PLC?
Dealing with all Sales Director's requirements in a face pacing and bonus driven environment. The culture was very sales orientated with unrealistic targets. I left Barratt Development to work part-time at AWA Building Services from October 2017 to December 2018. In 2018 I retired.
A great place to work, varied tasks which kept me busy and a good team to work with. Flexible working hours. Always something interesting going on in the office.
Pros
Great team nights out
Cons
Traffic at Aztec West
A good company to work for who had clear & defined visions.Like with most companies it was enjoyable under some Management teams but conversely not so good under others.However,they provided a good overall package which made the difficult times more bearable.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Long hours & commute
Great to work for very good management fairly treated it was a pity they stopped the groundworks and tendered it out to other companies I would go back any time
Considerable culture of concealment of problems and this reflects in the build quality ultimately. The best bit is they get to set the targets that trigger their own bonus, without realistic challenge from higher directors.
Excellent workplace, flexible management, bonus scheme for all staff within company, and not just Senior Management. All departments helpful and very approachable.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
On a daily basis I will have to Deal with tradesmen, making on the spot decisions, H&S paperwork, making sure the material call off's are done. I have learned how to use my time better making me more productive. The best part is the Customers happy faces on handover.
i enjoyed working here and learnt a lot of handy tips and tricks, i would recommend Barratt Developments to anyone who is starting out in the building trade as its a brilliant place to start.
Worst company I've ever worked for, I don't even want to waste my time writing this review about them. They make you a slave for little money, giving you things outside of your duties and expect you to be happy about it, managers have no idea what they are doing.
I have worked for Barratts for 4 years and thoroughly enjoyed the apprenticeship and advise anyone looking for apprenticeship go for Barratts i will be sad to leave
Office in Manchester, very stressful, under-staffed, culture of intimidation and constant checks over your back. Unorganised and chaotic department. Paperwork to change of your working hours need to be approved by several directors, even if it's for 30 minutes earlier start and finish (the company 'prides' itself in, so they call it 'flexible working', which is not much more than an approval of change to your contractual hours by an hour or so). Very strict on the clock. The pay is good though; so if you are after money, you are in the right place. If you want work satisfaction and work-life balance, genuine and supporting manager - unfortunately you won't find it here.