Barrington James

Barrington James Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom11 reviews

If you are competitive and driven, you will do well here

In the last 2 years I have learned insane amounts with the business. If you are competitive, driven and like a fun (and loud) culture then this is the place for you. The money you can earn here is life changing and I was very young when I joined yet I have out-earned all of my friends who are considered in 'well paid' jobs.

Pros

Directors lunch, team nights out

Great Culture & Training Programs

The culture at Barrington James is incredible. All of your achievements are celebrated and you are recognised for your hard work. There is constant personalised training to make you the best consultant you could be. You make your own earning potential and for there is uncapped commission for consultants. Lots of incentives too. There is an on-site bar which opens every Friday and for special events.

Pros

Training, achievements are celebrated, incentives, great culture, bar

Amazing Company and Progression

Barrington James offers amazing opportunities to people from all walks of life. The progression structure is extremely transparent and meritocratic which allows hard work to pay off.No two days are the same at Barrington James, and this offers a refreshing daily challenge to overcome. The culture within the company is energetic and fun, rewarding a work-hard/ play-hard mentality. Recruitment can be tough and sometimes putting in hard work and extra hours is needed but it is rewarded in Barrington James through incentives, commission and progression opportunities.

Pros

Great Commission and Culture

For the grafter

Joined Barrington James as my graduate position and am not looking to move any time soon!!Really enjoy the culture and environment here along with the incentive to work hard and see the rewards for your performance directly - these are in terms of monetary, activity incentives and promotion.

Pros

Metritocratic

Cons

Challenging - takes a grafter

Amazing people and endless training and development

Recruitment is tough and if you enjoy a challenge this is the place to be. The culture is collaborative, everyone helps each other.The training manager is always ready to book a session to critique your business.The career ladder is black and white......if you want it go get it.

Pros

Incentives are endless. There is always something fun going on in the office.

Cons

Pressure.

You create your own success and career path at Barrington James.

What YOU put into Barrington James, you get back. This is the type of workplace that, without doubt, recognises commitment and hard work exemplified by its employees. A strong work ethic and a desire to learn (as well as a whole load of competitiveness) is what makes you a success here. You'll quickly learn to take constructive criticism and to be accountable for your errors - in return, you'll see how the coaching you receive is implemented and also how quickly you get results. You're learning from the best at BJ everyday - surrounded by people who WANT to make you a better consultant. Yes, you'll work long hours but if you get into the habit of first-in, last-to-leave, you'll soon be the one boasting the huge paycheques. We have an insane culture here and I've made friends for life. The board of directors will literally work with you one-on-one (unheard of elsewhere) and you'll never be just a number. Progression is encouraged and doors are never closed for you.

Pros

Great team culture, insane commission and earning potential, meritocratic environment, lucrative incentives

Exciting Opportunities

Barrington James was a fast paced and exciting environment to work in with a young and innovative workforce. They offered generous incentives for good work and provided lots of in house training. The company are willing to take risks on the right candidates and have a very active social calendar. Work would fluctuate between high to medium dependent on times of the month. In times of high volume work loads long days at the office were not uncommon but did not go unrecognised.

Pros

Exciting incentives

Cons

You'll only work well if you fit their culture

The environment is a very hard sales environment where they expect you to become completely Barrington James orientated. This culture works for people who don't have commitments outside of work but if you have, then I would not recommend the business as you are expected to drop everything to do what they say. They may tell you it's 08:30 till 17:30 but the closest you get is 08:00 till 18:00 and that is on a good day. This leads to them having a revolving door.

Pros

Free Fruit

Cons

Dog eat dog environment

Good Opportunity to learn and earn, if you're willing to work for it!

Working at Barrington James for two years has given me a solid foundation into the world of recruitment, in a niche competitive market. I have been given every chance possible to succeed in terms of training, development and support from all members of staff. The drawbacks, I practically had to give up one year of my life in order to be a success, but over achieved against the 42K Year 1 OTE. The hardest part of the job has to be putting in the hours to be prepared for the next day. The more you put in, the more you get out.

Pros

Directors Lunch, High Rollers Club, Uncapped Commision, Industry Leading Training Scheme

Cons

Long Hours, High Pressure Environment

Good place to start

i liked it bit harsh good training bad work life balance very competitive low basic high commission i had a good manager but some in the business are not the best

Pros

good comission

Cons

bad basic

Fun work place and a opportunity to make a lot of money!

Barrington James is a great place to work if your a outgoing indivual who enjoys socialising out of office working hours. Management is great and supportive to ensure you are exceeding and meeting your KPI's. BUT this is a sales environment so their is a lot of internal competition and is a environment where only the"fittest will survive" and you will be required to work long hours.

Pros

Great incentives, sociable and fun enviorment

Cons

Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barrington James. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Barrington James Reviews by Location

• Barrington James
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?