Barton Hall

Barton Hall Employee Reviews with Jobs

United Kingdom11 reviews

Hard and Fast paced work environment

I would arrive usually 15 minutes early, id get a coffee and chill before my shift begins.Upstairs in the main cupboard id prepare my caddie with cleaning products, making sure its clean and tidy for the shift ahead and my bag with clothes and bin bags. I would have around 45 minutes to strip the room, make the beds and then the bathrooms which needs to be cleaned to a high standard. Before leaving the room i would walk round polishing all surfaces, lampshades and also inside all cupboards and drawers. On a normal day i would do around five or six rooms. End of day jobs include counting linen and putting them into our cupboards and also bagging up and putting the dirty linen away ready for collection. Vacuuming, dusting and toilet checks is also a regular day to day job throughout the hotel. The hardest part was when we are short staffed and we'd have ten rooms to clean in one shift. The most enjoyable part would definitely be the people i work with, with who i have a banter with and a good laugh this also includes management which makes the work enjoyable even on the toughest and busiest days.

Wow

I found Barton hall on indeed and was in for an interview. The work was not what I expected at all, I was working in weddings and serving brilliant people day in day out. My managers and co staff were flawless in my opinion for 99% of my time there, I felt like I was part of a strong team. The beautiful scenery across the plot made it so much more enjoyable. I am forever grateful to everyone that worked there.

Insights into Barton Hall

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Do Not Trust!

Not a great place to work.No trust in the work place.Management unable to run the business or communicate to other staff members. They only ever tell you what you want to hear.

Pros

Cons

Very long hours

Higher Management treat staff poorly

Loved working at Barton Hall, the workplace culture was great and staff and management all got along great. The hours were long but no worse than that of a typical hospitality position. However the owners showed no loyalty to staff during Covid-19 pandemic. They refused to furlough part-time staff and let go of us via group message, as they did also at their Partnering business Rushton Hall, then re-advertised these positions before offering them to original staff first.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Long hours, Terrible CEO/ management

Great place

I loved working at Barton Hall ngl I would do anything to work there again it's amazing company the kitchen inviroment was like a family to me. The manager were amazing to work with they do everything for the company.

Big seasonal Holiday/Tourism employer

I worked for this company for two seasons: Firstly as a low level adventure activities instructor and secondly as the guy responsible for training new instructors, writing risk assessments and developing a monitoring scheme to ensure ongoing safety in the company's adventure activity sessions. In both roles pay was low and hours long, but I lived on-site and had few overheads. It was a fun place to work and a few friendships made there endure even now 17 years on.

Fun but bad hours

Most hours are available evenings and weekends however people there are fun to work with. Nice kitchen and front of house team food provided at lunch time.

No day is the same...

Long hours within what can be a stressful environment. Lovely place to work with some amazing managers. Every shift is different. A very friendly bunch of people to work with and for.

bar maids life

dealing with customer orders and taking food and beverages to the guests. setting up weddings and Christmas party's. This job really gave me a confidence boost after having my little boy.

fun workplace good experiance

As a first job it is a good experience but as it required me to commute to work every day and be away from my family for long times, it was difficult. other then that it is a lovely work environment with great people.

great place

Pgl is a amazing company and places to work you make friends for life. management love to have a laugh and chill with you and will always sort out problems. As a chef you either start at 5am and finish at 2 or start at 11 and finish at 9pm the hours are long but worth it to see the excitment on the kids and familys faces who come through the doors.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Hall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement