Barton Hall

Barton Hall Employee Reviews in Barton-upon-Humber

Barton-upon-Humber3 reviews

Hard and Fast paced work environment

I would arrive usually 15 minutes early, id get a coffee and chill before my shift begins.Upstairs in the main cupboard id prepare my caddie with cleaning products, making sure its clean and tidy for the shift ahead and my bag with clothes and bin bags. I would have around 45 minutes to strip the room, make the beds and then the bathrooms which needs to be cleaned to a high standard. Before leaving the room i would walk round polishing all surfaces, lampshades and also inside all cupboards and drawers. On a normal day i would do around five or six rooms. End of day jobs include counting linen and putting them into our cupboards and also bagging up and putting the dirty linen away ready for collection. Vacuuming, dusting and toilet checks is also a regular day to day job throughout the hotel. The hardest part was when we are short staffed and we'd have ten rooms to clean in one shift. The most enjoyable part would definitely be the people i work with, with who i have a banter with and a good laugh this also includes management which makes the work enjoyable even on the toughest and busiest days.

Higher Management treat staff poorly

Loved working at Barton Hall, the workplace culture was great and staff and management all got along great. The hours were long but no worse than that of a typical hospitality position. However the owners showed no loyalty to staff during Covid-19 pandemic. They refused to furlough part-time staff and let go of us via group message, as they did also at their Partnering business Rushton Hall, then re-advertised these positions before offering them to original staff first.

Pros

Fun workplace

Cons

Long hours, Terrible CEO/ management

Insights into Barton Hall

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

No day is the same...

Long hours within what can be a stressful environment. Lovely place to work with some amazing managers. Every shift is different. A very friendly bunch of people to work with and for.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Barton Hall?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Barton Hall. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Barton Hall with

Barton Hall reviews by location

Learn about Barton Hall in Barton-upon-Humber

• Barton Hall
  • Barton-upon-Humber
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?