Barts Health NHS Trust

Barts Health NHS Trust Employee Reviews

Working with Bartshealth is a good experience as I learn a lot. I learned to work under very traumatic and stressful situation. It is the best place to be trained.
Cons
Longs hours
As I was redeployed into the position, it was easy to begin working for the Trust. There was no interview process, but we had to learn as much as possible within the first week to be as independent as possible. There was great team work on those days really busy, and everyone was flexible in doing the jobs necessary to manage daily calls and queries. Even on quiet days everyone knuckled down to complete the job.
Pros
Free lunches, 9-5, easy work for easy pay
Cons
Boredom, repetitive
Management are always breathing down your neck treating you like a child. They nitpick on a single individual until they drive them out then move on to the next person. The rules ie uniform are not implemented with all colleagues, only with those that have been singled out. The rest of the colleagues are lovely but the management is really bad and only their “friends” get promoted or recommended for a promotion.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No progression opportunities, management are bullies
Working in Barts health is the best that happened to me. Though there are ups and downs but it is still an excellent experience working with Barts health.
I was happy in my role for many years. There are lots of chances for career progression and training if you want this. I had great colleagues and it was mainly a very friendly place to work over most of my career. If departments are too busy there may not always be the flexibility to reduce your hours. Very close to the station - 5 minute walk.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Flexible hours not always possible if department too busy
I have been working at barts health for 17years ,I have applied for several mamagerial jobs withing the trust ,I was not successful as they have someone in mind in most cases .
Pros
job security
Cons
Lack of career inhancement opportunities
You can get valuable experience from working at Barts if you have the drive and the right amount of exposure. You must get yourself noticed by the right people ..
It's a brilliant organisation to work if you are a clinical professional. However, to work in the administrative and managerial sector it presents unnecessary challenges of discrimination. Your overall growth is dependent on who you know instead of one's talent and ability to perform.
It is very difficult for ethnic minorities to progress. Lots of lip service, discrimination and no will to change. Some senior managers / directors treat the organisation like their own personal club, behave shamefully and this is not addressed The work itself is challenging but doable. There is no flexibility in many admin roles more about bums on seats for many.
Staff not replaced, work load given to staff already in place, no pay rise, just more work. Too many bosses, expect their work to take priority even though you are making priorities in your workload.
Barts Health NHS Trsut was a great place to work. Though fast paced and sometime stressful, but the people and colleagues were truly wonderful to work with.
Fast paced but great for learning opportunities. Great teams of people to work with. Great pockets of initiatives that encourage you to work well for the good of the patients
I had done some research of the hospital and was able to showcase similar experience and keenness to work in that particular department., although it was the first time in Outpatients. I had telephone experience with patients as well as the computer system at Barts Health which contributed to my success in being chosen for the position which probably helped
I really enjoy my job. I’ve worked for Barts Health for nearly 14yrs... Time for a change... We all work very well as a team and I trust my colleagues. I run an under 21yrs Contraception and GU service and other clinics across different sites throughout the week. I also work within termination of pregnancy service which can be very rewarding. My contraception skills have increased greatly. I can insert IUDs and contraceptive implants as well as supplying all other methods of contraception. I really enjoy running the contraception clinics... I became an Independent Nurse Prescriber a few years ago which has given me great flexibility when prescribing, especially working within our peripheral clinics. I have been encouraged by my manager to increase my skills/ qualifications and Barts Health paid for my continuing education. The hardest part of the job is coping with the increased demand on GU and Contraception services across London. Staff that have left, have not always been replaced and their work load has been distributed amongst the remaining staff. Stress levels are very high and increasing daily. The best part of my job are the people I work with and the majority of our patients are very happy with the service we provide. Most of my colleagues are very dedicated, hard working, thoughtful ,caring people and I’m very proud to be part of the team. My role at Barts Health has been varied, progressive and very interesting. I have honestly enjoyed my time within this organisation and I’ve learnt so much....
working on a aute surgial ward Great team work and support within the ward, this is a steady pace ward with a varity of surgical tehniques and skills to learn.
Pros
team work
Cons
shift patterns
Barts health is one of the best hospital where patients are priority they comes first at all times. A've learn to work as part of a team Management is good ensuring patients care and safety is a priority. I have learned to work as part of a team delivering high standard of care to patients, hardest part of the job is when there is a short of staff
I enjoyed working in different areas of my position as a Band 6 OT. I learnt different ways of working in the social services role and also as a community therapist. It was great that there were regular meetings and presentations to keep up to date with CPD which was highly encouraged. There was also regular supervision which really helped too.
Working in maternity can be stressful at times, It is one of the busiest department in the hospital. Every day someone is giving birth. Management has always changed during I have been here due to many reason, some last years and some lasted couple weeks / months. The hardest part of the job will be controlling the visitors during the job. This makes you feel like a security guard when your only a ward clark for the department.
Cons
No much training development but there are opportunities for career advancements. One has to be smart to look for it. Management is quite poor and the turnover makes difficult to build a good team. Salary expectation is also low.
I’ve gained plenty of experiences through training, ever since I started my work here with this company. I could comfortably say, I’ve gained knowledge.
Pros
Gaining knowledge and understanding through training.
Cons
Coming into terms with Challenges
Barts is one of the Biggest NHS Trusts in the country. From a Payroll stand point very busy. If you enjoy a fast paced job, look no further than Barts NHS Trust