Bath ASU

Bath ASU Employee Reviews

This place had so much potential when I went for the interview. While the overall purpose of the company is what brought me to apply there, it is ultimately let down by poor management and overall shortcomings for what should be a truly exceptional pharmaceutical manufacturing company.
Great place to work. If you are a hard worker and you love to be occupied with something to do then you will be fine. Staff are friendly but as long as you mind your own business and don’t allow negativity to consume you then you will love it at BathASU. Try your best to accomplish the task and set a standard for yourself to archive and have an open mind about work. Follow procedures and focus on the fact that your are employed to work. It’s that simple. They will train you but you are not taught Everything while training so don’t be hesitant to ask for help when you are actually doing the work. At times it can be stressful only if you allow yourself to worry about something that you cannot control, When the pressure is on, don’t worry just try your BEST and be the best you can be. If you can’t change the facts then worrying about it or stressed about it will not change it either. Overall I enjoyed my time at BathASU like I said how you see things Matters.
Pros
Free milk, tea, coffee and cereals. Quarterly bonus
Cons
Need to improve training.
Awful management. Never listen to values of staff. Expect you to stay after your shift to get batches done without being asked if this is ok. No thank you’s. Its where patients come first and staff come very very much last.
This company has all the money and great possibilities but has not a clue how to use them to become successful. The idea of it is what makes you apply for the job, but once you get there as production operator, QA or QC, you realise that it's just another factory/warehouse job full of immature gossiping people not following procedures. Furthermore, company just keeps on employing 'expert managers and supervisors' who tell you what to do instead of listening to actual workers who tell them what the problem is. Management is taken from primary school, literally non existent and only reacting when the problem accelerates (so imagine!). You attend the meetings that don't bring any solutions and are a waste of everybody's time, managers have meetings discussing people off sick instead of actually resolving company's issues. Half of the people, who start here, are gone by the end of the year with a bitter taste in their mouth.
If you wish to work for a company that has a higher purpose than Bath ASU is the company for you. Our mantra is "Where patients come first" and in my year here it's so powerful to see every member of staff truly believe in this. The company has seen explosive growth in the last few years and is rapidly expanding. There are some small teething problems associated with this growth but the company is well prepared and dealing with it well. Alongside this growth, every member of staff receives a quarterly bonus, something I have never seen elsewhere. The CEO and directors are passionate and have a strong vision for the future of the company and create a great learning environment for those that are career driven. The people that work here are friendly and welcoming, maintaining a family business feel which makes coming into the office a joy.
Pros
Quarterly bonus, free breakfast, free circuit training, free outside gym, fantastic pension (you pay 5% company pays 8%), strong leadership
Providing excellent customer service over the telephone, Daily and weekly reports, completed on Excel, Word & Power Point Sticking to deadlines Working under pressure and multitasking Attending meeting Dealing with invoices& Contracts Managing Service Desk Attention to detail Training new colleagues Implementing New Permit to Work systems Implementing New PPM Software Asset Management Excellent people skills Excellent communication Prioritising your day Managing Routine H&S check(Emergency lighting, waste, plant, Water Treatment, Fire etc Monitoring BMS (business management systems) HVAC much more.
Pros
Starting salaries are great, paying more than the living wage, In depth internal training, bringing everyone up to a high standard of ability and knowledge
Cons
Departments are understaffed due to the business needs have risen by 30% over the last year
Alternative shifts so can't have a home life every other week and the early finishes aren't that early. Bad pay for the job and what we have to use. Management couldn't agree on the best process to do something, always arguing with QA. Would only allow two people on holiday every shift so we all couldn't use our holiday allowance up
Pros
Late starts every other week
Cons
Management couldn't agree, holidays
A rewarding job knowing that you are part of helping patients get better. An innovative and green company with great benefits.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bath ASU?
  1. Employee reviews