Bath Spa University
Bath Spa University Employee Review

It’s all academic

30 December 2019
I worked for Bath Spa University for 13 years in various admin roles from 35 hours a week, 37 and finally 24. While the people I worked with, especially the academics, made the work bearable and sometimes interesting, the management and HR teams left a lot to be desired. They’ll expect you to give of yourself and give nothing in return and will not support you if you take on further academic study yourself. They will also not support you on any personal matters unless it suits them to do so. Some management think little of the specialised skills of academic admin staff, believing such staff can be easily bought from an agency. Caveat emptor folks!
1.0Job security/advancement
28 February 2020
Peer Mentor (Former Employee) - Bath, Somerset
very relaxed atmosphere and lovely students, i felt like i was making a difference to their education and was helping settle them into the school environment, especially at the beginning of the year
26 November 2019
Technical Demonstrator (Former Employee) - Bath
Enjoyed my job working with the students and other staff members. Fantastic location to work and great support from the university to all levels of employee.
2 September 2019
Facilites & Services Assistant Manager (Former Employee) - Newton Park Campus Bath
Managing day to day cleaning of all academic and residential buildings with several teams and shifts. Managing to provide different levels of service to clients and conference delegates. The workplace culture is friendly with everyone trying their best to meet demands. I enjoyed the relationships I had with my teams and working through difficult times with humour.