Bath Spa University

Bath Spa University Employee Reviews for Student Ambassador

Working with a great team and great inspiring environment for prospective students. I have learned great team working skills and confidence with large tours and public speaking. I have also learned how to work together with a team effectively dealing with challenges and making the day run smoothly. Thoroughly enjoyed learning and growing and achieving more personally and also as a team. I Enjoy seeing prospective students on there journey to education and to help be apart of that .
Enjoyed meeting new people and gaining more confidence by doing tours and talks. Great place to work when you live on campus and 0 hour contract made it perfect and flexible to work when you can do shifts.
Pros
0 hours contract and free lunch
Cons
Not always alots of work going
I took the jobs around campus to both get more working experience and to add to the links in my university community. the time requirement did not interfere with my studies and revolved mostly around open days where i would take groups of parents and their children around the campus and course facilities to introduce them to the potential environment and content.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
few hours
A typical day at work involves helping students, packing goody bags for future students visiting uni, giving campus and accommodation tours, answering questions and directing people to their correct locations. A lot of waiting around sometimes, worse in the winter because of cold weather etc, but overall it’s a fun experience and I leave feeling like I’ve achieved something.
Pros
30min lunch break if work 6+ hours, great pay
Cons
Sometimes hours pass by when you’re not going anything
Working for the University was the perfect job for me in First year when i was settling in. The pay per hour was great and the experience gained was amazing - Really helped me settle in.
Developed my skills working with university students. Also, I had the possibility to support students that presented any difficulty while living and studying on campus.
Although my shifts are not regular I really enjoy them when I am assigned them. The people I work with are all enthusiastic about the university and my boss was very approachable and willing to help in any way she could. I enjoyed interacting with people and having conversations about the university with them although I got nervous when I had to talk to large groups of people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bath Spa University?