BAWSO

BAWSO Employee Reviews

It is a good organisation to work with.

The only problem you feel shake when it comes to funding because it is a charity organisation where you don't know whether you can have jobs or not. Rather than that it's a good company to with.

Productive and conducive work enviroment, with lots of support from the team

A very supportive team, with regular supervision provided to support staff. there are lots of training opportunities and a great place to make an impact in the life's of the service users that seek support.

good salary and good working conditions

Planning play sessions for children from 0 up to 16 years of age. Completing Children in need application for funding. Liasing with child related agencies.

Pros

Good working conditions

Cons

funding constraints

understaffed

Floating support, to support women and who are fleeing domestic abuse, human trafficking and FGM. Support ethnic minorities to help maintain tenancies and establish a sense of safety in their community. Safeguard them within their new surrounding. Set up realistic support plans and empower them back into a safe environment

Fulfilling and great workplace

No day was the same , my day would involve different tasks from manning the reception to assisting in administrative duties and supporting clients access public services and completing in forms. I gained a lot of skills organisational skills. adaptability,patience and ,communicating with people at all levels. Good approachable managers but no job progression. Very relaxed casual work culture but fast paced in terms of paperwork and processing new clients according to their needs. Hardest part of the job was offering support to emotional clients ,having to calm and encourage them. Seeing clients being empowered and able to take control of their thieves was the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

lots of paperwork

influential

An eye-opening voluntary experience that has helped me develop my communication skills and has given me a very big confidence boost as it required speaking out loud in front of new faces.

Pros

easy going

Bawso

I love interpreting for Bawso, I've been working for them for 10yrs Bawso stands for black association of women step out. Help people with domestic violence & human trafficking

Professional Services

Teamwork, clear guidance and policies, going an extra mile, hard working team capable of making fast and effective decisions

stressful

very busy, its like fire fighting. got to be strong and ready to deal with any situation .Learned to be strong no matter the situation as other people depend on me. to manage my time properly in the midst of all the chaos. have ateam of committed co-workers. hardest part of the job is no job satisfaaction as from day to day we donot know what will happen to outr positions. enjoyable oart of the job is making a adifference in women's lves

Invaluable work for most vulnerable people

I learnt to manage my role, time and other members of the team and also about challenges in an organisation dependent on funding, partnerships and goodwill of volunteers. Hardest part of the job was managing the different expectations and a different culture of management compared to all other professional experiences. I have full admiration for many coworkers who work tirelessly and in very difficult circumstances to support the victims of domestic abuse.

productive, fun workplace

A typical day at work in bawso is highly enjoyable, the staff their are all very friendly and co-operative. Also I have learnt many things regarding administration as there is a lot of guide and support from staff. The hardest part of the job is making sure you are doing all tasks given correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly staff and management.

good and fun at workplace.

In the morning after a briefing one would just get on with work,cal new referrals and make appointment to se to new clients as soon as possible within the constraints of staff numbers.

Pros

flexible to working mums.

Cons

career progression not very promising or non existent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAWSO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement