BAWSO

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

Productive and conducive work enviroment, with lots of support from the team

A very supportive team, with regular supervision provided to support staff. there are lots of training opportunities and a great place to make an impact in the life's of the service users that seek support.

Fulfilling and great workplace

No day was the same , my day would involve different tasks from manning the reception to assisting in administrative duties and supporting clients access public services and completing in forms. I gained a lot of skills organisational skills. adaptability,patience and ,communicating with people at all levels. Good approachable managers but no job progression. Very relaxed casual work culture but fast paced in terms of paperwork and processing new clients according to their needs. Hardest part of the job was offering support to emotional clients ,having to calm and encourage them. Seeing clients being empowered and able to take control of their thieves was the most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job.

Pros

Flexible working

Cons

lots of paperwork

stressful

very busy, its like fire fighting. got to be strong and ready to deal with any situation .Learned to be strong no matter the situation as other people depend on me. to manage my time properly in the midst of all the chaos. have ateam of committed co-workers. hardest part of the job is no job satisfaaction as from day to day we donot know what will happen to outr positions. enjoyable oart of the job is making a adifference in women's lves

Invaluable work for most vulnerable people

I learnt to manage my role, time and other members of the team and also about challenges in an organisation dependent on funding, partnerships and goodwill of volunteers. Hardest part of the job was managing the different expectations and a different culture of management compared to all other professional experiences. I have full admiration for many coworkers who work tirelessly and in very difficult circumstances to support the victims of domestic abuse.

productive, fun workplace

A typical day at work in bawso is highly enjoyable, the staff their are all very friendly and co-operative. Also I have learnt many things regarding administration as there is a lot of guide and support from staff. The hardest part of the job is making sure you are doing all tasks given correctly. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendly staff and management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BAWSO. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• BAWSO