BCA

BCA Employee Reviews

United Kingdom494 reviews

cartransportdriverdrivingvehiclestrandedcanteenrubbish

Fun work

Easy relaxed work environment.Moving car driving testing changing tires.All weather conditions nice cars to drive friendly people and fun overall place.

Good team

Good place to work good people to work with !!Corby office based Enjoyed my time here !! Always a great atmosphere and environment !! As long as job done of course !!

Insights into BCA

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Not the worst company out there.

I've been here almost two years now (Class 1 tramper) and if you asked me a year ago I'd say only come here to gain experience and move on. The new contract we have now I feel appreciates the unique and physical nature of car transportation and is fair I'd say. You're issued your own truck, parking is on account paid upfront for you and there seems to be plenty of work (albeit a lot of the hazardous multi collect multi drop in residential area rubbish). I'm happy enough here apart from that.

Pros

Own truck, free parking on account, secure parking for personal car, relaxed environment.

Cons

Not always guaranteed to finish at a reasonable time on a Friday, sometimes you'll do a Saturday if you're not maxing your hours, all the good work is 'interestingly' allocated to the older more senior boys, can be quite ruthless when claiming for expenses (M6 Toll Road etc)

Shyte place avoid like the plague

Thee worst management i ever seen...Clueless!Your just a number to them. If you get stopped by police for insurance dont expect any help from bca. The CEO's need to have a huge clearout of all the planners and managers if they wish to keep a good reputation.

Pros

Some nice cars

Cons

Everything else

Management are only out for themselves

I had a horrible time with poor management and not being supported or encouraged it was poor. Drivers were treated as cattle. It is just a numbers game.

Pros

Good benifots

Cons

Long hours traveling poor management

Poor

Horible people to worki with, looking down on you. When ask if you can for help you get told that they didnt recive qny training so why should they train you

Good work place

Worked for BCA for 3 years after a TUPE transfer. We worked rotating days/nightsWe were provided with relatively new up to date equipment and given a good uniform package which must be returned upon leaving the company.Our work was pretty much the same day in day out because of the contract we was on. So no complaints there.The only reason I’m not there still is we transfered out when they didn’t tender for the contract again because of poor rates which wasn’t the best outcome for us.Management were always very approachable when there were issues and issues were sorted very quickly.I’ve been on cars for many years and can honestly say that BCA were one of the best companies I’ve worked for on this contract.Would still be there now if I knew what I know now. 👍🏻

Pros

Good rates of pay, plenty of extra work if you wanted it, decent well maintained equipment

Fun and exciting

Brilliant work but could do with some attention with how you are treated with the people on the phones that give you the jobs. 2 women that work in office they are very rude and disrespectful also play head games like women do! Other than that I enjoyed it dream job like top gear!

Pros

Very nice cars

Cons

Long hours sometimes you have to think outside the box transport wise to collect the cars

No life balance

Been 4 years self employed with them , this job suits only if you are retired and you like to see different places in the country , the ammount of time controllers left you stranded miles away from home is unbelievable. You need to make a good connection with all drivers and help each other .

Pros

Cons

Long walking, public transport

Negative awful place to work

My experience here was awful, you aren’t listened to, there is bullying in the work place, no consistency, no professionalism, one rule for one and another for you. They say one thing and mean anotherThere is no support for mental health, they don’t care like I say unless you are a specific person they won’t stand for mental health, sickness or raising an issue.It’s not nice that you are quickly pulled if you aren’t doing something right but not when you are working your backside off for the company! Minimum wage for so much work load and the work load expands every day I wouldn’t recommend working there.

Could be better

No time for a social life.The morale is always low in the office.The job role could be better if they had more staff but currently it's very stressful and so many people have left as its getting tooo much!

Pros

Cons

Unnecessary stress

Negative environment

The most depressed I’ve ever been whilst working at this company. Management are unsupportive bully’s. Staff turn over is incredibly high due to this.

Toxic work environment

The best job I ever had but for the worst company. By far the most unorganized transport department I have ever experienced. If multi drop work in an 11plus is your thing, then this job is for you. You get to deliver to houses as well. Plenty of clips of trucks getting stuck in housing estates on YouTube. Expect disciplinary action if you refuse unreasonable requests.

Pros

Good kit

Cons

Bad management

BCA, ok for short term if you have a pick-up driver

I only covered for busy periods, new reg and end of lease. We had a pick-up driver/supervisor who was a pretty nice guy. Team of drivers and was fairly good. Got to drive some interesting and expensive cars. Actually, I did enjoy this time. Can be long hours if the traffic was bad. I wouldn't want to do the find own way to vehicle deal, too old for catching busses and BCA are not very good at paying your expenses.

Pros

Diving nice cars at times

Cons

Organisation from main office, driving grotty cars

Stay away

A truly shambolic company, with little or no respect for its employees.Unless you’re an absolute bum wipe your a nothing. No prospect of promotion or moving up the ladder, management just going through the motions for there own personal gain, I’ll educate planners who cause drivers so much stress ( haven’t a clue regarding geography) this firm are advertising fictitious bonuses etc to entice people to apply, Do yourself a favour keep well away from this disgraceful outfit

Pros

there are none

Cons

Mugged around every single day

Poorly managed company

- They are an absolute pain to get expenses back. - Controllers and support is terrible. Calls to get support or resolve problems can take a long time to get through and then when you do staff can often be rude and unhelpful. - I am sure their system must work out jobs by distance only and not take any other factors into consideration. You can deliver a car into the middle of nowhere and only have a bus that runs every 2 hours to get you out of there. There's no wonder this company is constantly looking for drivers.

Great if you like working on your own

Plenty of work but bad pay. If you are dedicated to early mornings and self motivated you can do ok. You need to enjoy driving and working alone. Self discipline is required.

Pros

Self employed

Cons

Sometimes bad organisation with logistics in the jobs given to you

Over worked poor management

Management are rude, never offered overtime even when short staffed, some staff are great to work with and can have a good laugh, not trusted to drive certain cars even though that is our job. Promised a bonus friend referral but that doesn’t actually exist

Pros

4 on 4 off shift

Cons

Long hours, poor management, no communication

Well paid and productive

Overall a good place to work. The pay is great and comes with company benefits. However the management behind BCA is pathetic to say the least. They don't care about standards and just want numbers. I was unfairly let go due to having time off from a family member passing away who I lived with. Makes sense why they have a suspiciously long 2 year 'probationary period' so they can get away with unfair dismissal.

Not good firm at all

Rude, no respect to employees, couldn’t care if stuck in middle of no where . Pay is not up to standards a lot left out of small print on contract . Will try take money out of wages for anything even tell u to make damage up if none on veichle

Great job

After working at this company for a multiple of years I’ve see people come and go. Yes the job can stressful, yes the wage structure is complicated if not explained probably, but you have what I would call great job security.If you think you’re going to come into this job and have an easy ride…FORGET IT ,UNTIL YOU UNDERSTAND IT. It takes at least 6-12 months, if you have a practical head on your shoulders your will be fine! If your a greenhorn you WILL struggle. If you like your hand held or your bum wiped, this is not the job for you. Don’t expect to have the best lorry on the fleet this is a big national company with a big staff turnover, and I seen the state of some of the lorries and it makes me wonder what their house is like!!! If you’re not happy ask for it to be cleaned, don’t moan to the people it doesn’t matter to, the only ones that can sort it are the shop stewards or management!! Expect the lorries to break down, they are a working tool, it happens… god knows I’ve had my fair share!! Yes…the allocation can be a pain in the backside, but understand they are only as good as the information that get from the driver we give them, communication goes a long way!! That’s not to say they will any good still. If you’ve got the ability to get your head down and understand the pressures that you WILL be under this could be a job for you….. if you don’t know ask a driver.

Pros

Pay, training

Cons

Something info is wrong.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement