BCA

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment

Preppers with no skill ruining jobs nobody has a clue whats going on

Place is so unorganised got to stage where I felt sick going in kept having to re prime and flat jobs myself as preppers were rubbing away primer ,some requests were ridiculous would not replace a nissan note rear bumper that would have cost under a hundred pounds and could never be repaired to a good standard covered in filler beyond beleif try to explain it makes no sense ... nobody listens

Great opportunity with plenty of career progression.

Brilliant career opportunity with lots of change which allows for involvement in some great projects.Enjoy the colleagues I work with in my wider team at BCA UK. Everyone is approachable even at a senior level.

Pros

Hybrid working.

Cons

Fast paced can mean long hours but on my own terms.

Unrewarding company

Yard staff respected more than office staff. Treated unfairly and pay was poor for amount of hours expected.Lack of leadership and motivation.Not a good work environment

Pros

Cons

Long hours and poor pay

Great for flexible working hours

Started doing this 3 days a week but now do 5 days of the work is available. It’s great for flexibility when you need days off etc but the days you do work you won’t really know what time you will finish most days but once you accept that, it’s fine! Can be some very long days but also some days are very short!

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Hours are not guaranteed

Driver/ inspector

7 years I worked for this company on their logistics side.. Dont have a clue about logistics, so called office, "driver managers" most seem to be school le ers who can use a computer, most dont drive dont know how to read a map. Yet tell drivets how to drive and think that Glasgow is in Wales, then complain when you cannot do the job. Spend more on travel between jobs than you earn some days.

Pros

Can drive nice cars

Cons

Long hours, poor pay, diabolical management.

Stressful

The work was interesting.Met some lovely people, but some manager's need to learn people skillsYou worked from 08.30 Till 05.30Pm, if you were lucky you got a lunch break.

Pros

Non

Cons

Manager's

Avoid like the plague.

These people are a shower of idiots. The only reason they don’t employ drivers is that they wouldn’t get away with such low pay. Maximum you’ll earn a day is £50.

Pros

Cons

Every part of it!

Miserable place to work

Poor management style , too many inadequate individuals with differing personal agendas most of who spend a lot of the day bellowing at the staff. Covid was a blessed relief from having to go back there.

Pros

Flexible work days.

Cons

Poor people management

Treated as a number, not a human being

The worst company I have ever worked for - avoid! Poor management avoid issues rather than deal with them. Very little thanks (if any) given for your efforts. Taking the number of hours needed to work a full day, minimum pay rate is not achieved - approx half is!

Pros

Cons

Excessively long hours, not achieving minimum pay rates, poor treatment, expenses rarely paid and then only after a fight

Long Hours for slow payers

The job itself is what you make it. I found it very stressful and not much help was offered if you broke down with a car or if you got stranded because the car was not available. I also found as a self employed they where slow in paying expenses incurred in getting home etc.

Pros

Cons

Long Hours, Slow to pay you.

Stressful job

I would not recommend this company if you want something easy to do interview is good done via zoom but it goes on for hours pay is rubbish if you decide to work part time 3 days a week you might get 120.00 a week if you are lucky.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, you have to pay the transportation costs getting to your first job and to other jobs, jobs can be in Scotland, wales, infact anywhere in the UK, they are not alway local to you, including trains and buses, and you get the money back but through your wages so you will need upfront money.

Long hours, less than minimum wage, a lot of unpaid waiting for trains and buses

I have worked as a self employed contractor driver with BCA Logistics for two years. There is a lot of unpaid waiting around for buses and trains etc, often having to beg for reimbursement of travel costs, and costs often not paid if you have a good day's work earning more than £80. The controllers are frequently too busy to answer the phone for more than 30 minutes. A typical day requires you to leave home at 0430 and finishes at 1830 when you get home. You might be waiting around for four or five hours unpaid, this could be either waiting for buses or travelling on a train or being driven by another driver to your next pick up, either way, no pay for travelling time. I averaged about £5 an hour. The company absolutely does not care for any driver, their policy is to keep hiring because of high driver turn over numbers. I stuck it for two years but ended up with just one job a day earning on average £25 a day. This job would suit a retired person who does not need the money but enjoys driving.

Pros

Plenty of driving around on your own in newish cars.

Cons

Long hours, Less than minimum wage and no respect or trust from management.

Didn’t know what I was going to be doing half the time

I worked here driving transporters 5 day tramping, the job it self was fine but I liked to work on my own, if you needed anyone on the phone just don’t bother, if there was a issue with your wages might as well talk to the wall. Driving a rigid 4 on 4 off days was coming out with more than me. I was paid so low at the end……hence why I left

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Very low pay

Can be busy

Can be busy at times they go by numbers and continue to watch you feel like you in big brother if you stay on the right side of the management then it's fine. Chance to progress not much chance of that unless you on a graduate skeam

Pros

Flexible start and finish times

Cons

Feel like your been watched continuesly

No direction, no reviews

Poor company to work for. Too many looking out for themselves. No incentive to go beyond the call of duty. Far too many have no understanding of the whole process.

Cons

Poor working conditions

Very few staff

Poor management, very much them and us. Non stop data input, non stop phone enquiries, very poor place to work. Very little training for new employees, long hours expected, frowned upon if you leave at designated finish time.

Pros

Non

Cons

Long hours, constant phone calls constant data input poor pay

Poor money for work

Delivering cars to residential areas in London etc.with a fully loaded transporter is no fun and your bonus soon dissappears.Day drivers earn a lot more than trampers

Pros

Keeps you very fit

Cons

Pay, delivery points, lots of auction work which is bad, chaos and disorganised

Do not work here

Training not good enough. You are then made responsible for a vehicle worth thousands of pounds and paid peanuts. The office support is pathetic when you have a urgent request can be left 30 minutes or more just waiting for them to answer the phone. As regards knowing the geography of areas you are in no hope. Told just up the road can be 30miles or more just because the postcode is similar. Sent to remote areas one turned out to be a farm and the bus I was told to get only ran once a week not on the day I was there. Too nearly 3 hrs to get back to train and bus routes then contacted me to ask me why I was sciving off.

Pros

Cons

Poor pay long hours and treated like a nuisance.

High paced

I worked here for 4.5 years there is no room for career progression, management like who they like and that's that. I recently left to work for NHS and what a difference already. No work place bullies.

Pros

Free parking

Cons

Long hours, little pay.

Wouldn't wish to recommend BCA to anyone

Remote self employed contract Very poor working environment.Difficulty in communication with coordinators. Lack of flexibility.Hard to get out of pocket reimbursed.

Pros

Self employed, driving if you enjoy driving.

Cons

People too restrictive & inflexible to work with, Too many people you meet who are too full of their own importance, no consideration whether public transport near to remotes parking sites, no consideration of safe driving hours and that you get rest.

Bloody Joke no stars to give

They are quite happy to have people working who scream, shout and swear at staff and management. Don’t ask for help there is none, don’t expect training there is none, don’t expect reasonable working days there are none, contract says 40 hours a week but shift pattern is for 48, nope no extra pay, senior management have all left within 10 months and team leaders there’s been 3 in 5 months, driven out by unmanageable staff. Ended up working 56 hours over 4 days and still expected to work on days off. Do yourselves a huge favour look elsewhere unless you want your mental health driven into the ground.

Pros

Free parking and nothing else.

Cons

Everything. Working for no extra pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BCA. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4