BCP Council

BCP Council Employee Reviews

Very happy here but beware of the face fit and backstabber brigade , good managers and good colleagues, just a shame a few of them feel the need to try and get you the sack
Pros
Work life balance and early finish on Friday
Cons
Some corrosive staff
Good environment work on your own initiative , too many people think they are in charge , seasonal work plus weekends and bank holidays with no extra pay interupts with your summer
Pros
Cons
Weekend work and bank holidays with no xtra pay and seasonal work
It's a bit of a lottery really - you may be lucky enough to find yourself in a team that are seemingly immune to the budget restrictions, i.e. they are given the same opportunities that are denied to others because of "budget restrictions". Expect to be in the same role for many many years.. and when a miracle does happen and a higher position opens up, they will probably choose to recruit externally rather than promote from within. Joining the cliques of senior managers also seems to get you far in this organisation as I've seen substantial evidence of managers hiring people based on their relationship, not their abilities. Other than working with supportive staff, there really isn't many redeeming features.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
ZERO progression opportunities, no training/development
Busy and demanding workplace. Need to be resourceful and think on your feet. Positive opportunities for multiagency working. Opportunities for training.
Pros
Working with experienced and skilled colleagues
Nothing to say about the work all good Workmen to work with have a good laugh and joke but I don't go overboard all else you will lose your job...
Cons
Working for BCP Council at the Prom Cafe was a very busy environment. Especially in summer during the heat waves and the annual air show. There were thousands of customers every day.
• Carrying out complete physical audit of Council owned peripheral devices in specified time scale – 6 months • Carry out complete physical audit of contracted Multi-Functional Devices in specified time scale • Identify peripheral items reaching end of life and annotate and update Database accordingly • Desktop repairs and advice Great job and was sad to go but it was FTC. Great Management and great colleagues.
I only left my role as it was a temporary maternity leave cover position. I was made to feel very welcome and was given vast support and training to assist me in my role.
There was no typical day at work, if the day was busy I would spend it on the slipway, if it was slightly bad weather or just a slow day in general the boss always had something for me to do, whether it was general maintenance on the sandbank or checking things around the quay. I learned to be more confident in the way I present myself, and how to deal with customers issues face to face. In a way I had 2 bosses and they treated me with respect and made sure I always had what I needed, they also weren't afraid to give me feedback on my work and where I could improve which I thought was very useful. The hardest part of my job was definitely confronting people, and dealing with some of the problems the public brought my way. The most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the work ethic and friendly manner the other staff present, everyone gave me a warm welcome and told me things from their experience that would help me do that much better in my area of work
Good people run by an excellent and intuitive Head of Comms, and a terrific atmosphere. Surprised me in my first local government role - and especially interesting in a new council (made from three).