Beagle Technology Group

Working at Beagle Technology Group: 11 Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews

Former employee

My first 6mths I enjoyed my job, but then things started to change its very hard to work with someone who chooses to ignore you. In the job you sometimes need to ask questions or talk about the job. Communication is terrible, even when you have a witness that different things are happening it doesn't count, supervisor gets away with it.Told talk and work at same time or not talk at all, but supervision and another person in department can stand around talking as much as they want and keep looking at their personal phones. Experience in the job don't mean much in this section.

Pros

Early finish on a Friday.

Cons

Management, bullying

Lots of work but dated machinery

Lots of work and dated machinery, skills on the shop floor are second to none. But there are being pushed hard due high work load and not enough man power.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Stressful at times due to work load and tight deadlines.

Insights into Beagle Technology Group

• Time and location flexibility
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energising work tasks

Avoid!

Hands down the worst place I’ve ever worked. Incredibly unprofessional management, aggressive and threatening. Stuck in a 1980’s chauvinistic culture. Staff turnover is the highest I’ve ever experienced in all departments. They expect all salaried employees to work extra hours all the time. The building is atrocious, floods in the rain. The management team are well looked after but the lower levels are just there to serve them.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, building falling apart, bullying culture

24 August 2021
The company invites you to contact our HR support external company in confidence to discuss any concerns you may have.

Nasty place to work

Highest turn over of staff I have ever seen, the only place I have worked that I have had to wear gloves and a hat indoors, cameras watching your desks, do I need to add more.

Pros

Leaving

Awful

Working at Beagle was a mistake straight from the start,It’s never got any money, full of false promises, always wonder if you will get paid.Really bad management Very stressful And the MD is a nightmare

Pros

Wages and life insurance

Cons

Just a bad place to work

24 August 2021
The company always pays creditors within agreed time frames and has spent significant monies on capital equipment as well as site improvements over the last few years with more planned and agreed for the future. Employees are always paid on the last working day of the month, we accept that payslips used to be issued after payday which may have caused some employees concern so these are issued by payday now. There is a new handbook which has focusses on stress management which all managers have been trained on as the company recognises how stress in the workplace or at home can affect employees. We have an employee assistance programme which is external and confidential to provide medical, legal, mental and financial wellbeing support.

A short-lived experience.

My tenure in this company was quite short and it definitely wasn't the best workplace I have been to. While the sheet metal department fared pretty well, the composites material section was run-down and understaffed. Stress levels were high, not all employees were competent or adequately trained and turnover was high, which made the matter worse.

Pros

Easy to reach by public transport, simple interview, plentiful overtime.

Cons

Old building with leaking roof, poorly-organized, stressful at times.

An experiance

Constant high turn over of staff accross all job roles, and a good example of how not to do business.Poorly maintained factory, poor working environment. But nice inside water feature when raining.Good rate of pay, when finally got paid.Enjoyed the leisure activities, table tennis in lunch breaks.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Long hours expected.

24 August 2021
Across the company 15% of employees are people who have left the company and have come back again. The company recognises that improvement is necessary on the site and has significantly invested this year with further plans for the coming year. Pay is always made on the last working day of the month as per contractual agreement.

Unprofessional

The site is run by unprofessional management who have no idea how to run a business and treat everyone like children. They promise you training and progression but everyone is always too busy to help. The site is run down, stuck in the dark ages and leaks everywhere when it rains. The place is a personality vacuum and I can’t see it ever changing.

Pros

Cons

False promises

24 August 2021
It is disappointing that you did not get the training you wanted, there are training plans in place for all new starters and both training and progression are discussed at appraisals. It is not clear when you worked here and we recognise that during 2020 the pandemic affected the time available in the business, this has now been addressed with additional resource. The company has started it’s planned investment programme in the site which was delayed due to the pandemic to make sure that it is a pleasant environment for people to work in.

Awful experience

Give virtually no help or direction and not able to get any equipment, an all round horrible experience. I advise anyone to avoid working there at all costs.

Pros

Cons

Everything about the place

24 August 2021
Not sure when you were employed here however since the company went through an acquisition in December 2018 there have been no issues getting any equipment that is necessary. The managers have all had training in developing staff and there are daily meetings with all teams to discuss any issues.

Outstanding Place to Work

Beagle Technology Group is an outstanding place to work and, with an amazing workforce and a great management team, every minute of every day is enjoyable. With early finishes, and a 1:30 finish on Fridays, the work-life balance is exceptional, meaning that there is still have plenty of time to socialize and relax after work. Plus you get an early start to the weekend. Lunches are entertaining as there is a pool table and a ping pong table in the office, which the lads enjoy playing and socializing around. Furthermore, the office carries a lively atmosphere, with there being a good enjoyable group of workers who work hard but also enjoy banter. Overall, Beagle is an amazing place to work at and I am glad that I have had the honor to be an employee at the company.

Really enjoy working at Beagle, management are helpful and friendly, the pay and benefits are better than every other company around. Lots of opportunities to progress within the organization and plenty of high-end clients to work with

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Beagle Technology Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement