Bear Coffee Company Limited

Bear Coffee Company Limited Employee Reviews for Barista

The day begins early as a Barista with a 7am start, once you get used to waking up this early the work life balance can be great as you can be doing your own thing by 3. The management team appreciate knowledge is power and I can say my training was one of the best learning experiences I've had. You don't just sit at a laptop and answer multiple choice questions, it's hands on and engaging. Being encouraged to engage with customers rather than just work as fast as possible is great, I have a great rapport with regulars and you can always have a laugh at work. I work two jobs, have two volunteering roles and I'm at University part time, the management are very accommodating if I need to change shifts around. It's not always sunshine and rainbows, when it gets busy, it gets busy! You can have sore feet at the end of a busy shift but the feedback from customers is always great and it's worth it when you can finally slow down and have a free coffee!
Pros
free coffee, community feel, flexible hours.
Cons
Food on shift isn't free but you do get 50% off
BEAR is by far the best company I have had the pleasure to work for. As a company they have big aspirations and are growing rapidly. It's not just a 9-5. At BEAR you build strong working relationships with all staff from store level right up to the owners. Every voice is heard and you don't just feel like another cog in a machine. Which ever role you go for you'll be given regular opportunities to progress, develop and share your ideas. I would recommend BEAR to anyone and if you still aren't sure if they are the company for you, pop into any store and have a chat to the teams.
Pros
Amazing work life, Quick paced and fun work, Free on shift coffee, Good training opportunities, Close mentoring, Beautiful environment
Cons
Shifts can be long
Great work life balance, with good rest time between shifts (no late close /early open) Strong manangement focus on progression for the staff that want it, no pressure for those that don't. Professional approach to staff rotas/holiday requests (no rotas given the day before) minimum wage as expected in the role.
Pros
free coffee, in depth training
I took a role at BEAR after working in sales for 4 years, the impact it has had upon me has been extremely beneficial and I have developed both professionally and socially. The team at BEAR are incredibly passionate about the quality of both the product they produce, and the service they deliver. I have received in-depth training for bar, coffee and management tasks. The progression available is superb, from 'Team Member' to 'Barista' to different levels of management. All my colleagues and superiors are caring and incredibly competent, and check-up on one another, both in regards to professional conduct and personal welfare. The owners are very involved in each store, and make an effort to engage with every member of their business. The company is modern and driven to uphold professional standards and to allow for the progression of their staff. I love working for BEAR, and the values they uphold.
Pros
Staff Progression, Supportive team, Free Coffee.
Cons
N/a
Jobs at Bear Coffee Company Limited